Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Assetto Corsa Sneak Preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio.jpg

Marco Massarutto has revealed a first in game picture of the stunning Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio coming to Assetto Corsa very soon...

The Quadrifoglio was originally scheduled to form part of a new DLC offering from Kunos Simulazioni alongside several new cars and the legendary Laguna Seca racetrack over in America. However for reasons best known only to Kunos the pack received one or two unexpected delays, and as such the Italian developers have taken the awesome decision to throw out this new content for free! Yup you heard it right... FREE!

Set to feature the Giulia, Laguna Seca, the Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale, Lamborghini Sesto Elemento, Lamborghini Huracan Performante, Maserati Quattroporte and Pagani Huayra BC, the 'Bonus Pack' DLC will be made available in short order, however no official release date has yet been confirmed.

Missed the first announcement? No worries, check out our initial feature article HERE.

Want to learn more about what goes on behind the scenes at Kunos Simulazioni and what is in store for this upcoming free update? Well we asked the man with the plan in Germany recently, find out what he had to say below:

Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. We host quality League and Club Racing events, have a selection of fantastic mods to download and some of the best community conversation. Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the upcoming new Assetto Corsa content? Like the look of the Alfa? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
So what does racing simulator mean to you? Doesn't AC fulfill it?
Of course it does. Not sure if you know but I do mods for AC and are on here, Seat Leon Eurocup, Ginetta, BTCC Cavalier, but these are not official content, obviously.

So where I see a gap, I fill that gap with the best of my ability, this is not my job, it's my hobby, like @Patrik Marek and his Nissan Primera and @Andrea Lojelo and the F3 Dallera to name a few but why cannot AC look at the same things, why road cars.

Like I said, just my opinion

LOL at not being able to race a digital car unless the digital driver model has a cage to protect him.
Sounds silly, but no more silly than people sitting in full race seats with wings and high side bolsters as if the cornering force is too much while sitting at their computers. After all, we all have our standards of simulation, LOL.

So to summarise, very cheaply or free, I can access these road cars.....I will never get this chance in a fully prepped race car.

Again, just my opinion

Shaun

With all due respect, how exactly are you able to experience cars like the Lambo Sesto Elemento or the Huayra BC? Both go for seven-figures when I last checked, and I'm not sure if your local Hertz has them in their fleet just yet. :)

With all due respect, how exactly are you able to experience cars like the Lambo Sesto Elemento or the Huayra BC? Both go for seven-figures when I last checked, and I'm not sure if your local Hertz has them in their fleet just yet. :)
With all due respect Gergo....I am not talking about my local Hire company ;)

I was just stating, that, thanks to AC and what I have done over the last year, I have been involved with and connected with people that are graced to have this kind of money, and cars.

For example, a friend has just "gave back" his Ferrari California because he was bored, and has ordered the new Audi R8 Spyder, which is on a waiting list and will have a pink booster seat for his daughter when he drives her to school :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Of course it does.

So where I see a gap, I fill that gap with the best of my ability, this is not my job, it's my hobby, like @Patrik Marek and his Nissan Primera and @Andrea Lojelo and the F3 Dallera to name a few but why cannot AC look at the same things, why road cars.
Taking a look at the selection of cars in the game, seems a fair share between race cars and road cars. They can't do all the cars we'd like, either from racing or road category. So they select the ones they like (they are fans of real cars and racing games just like us, sometimes we forget) and at the same time cars they think the players/customers will like, want, will use.

To go with past actions, they do bonus packs with road cars and sometimes race cars that used to be mods. This time they're including the best xmas present ever, laserscanned Laguna Seca.

LOL at not being able to race a digital car unless the digital driver model has a cage to protect him.
-------------
None of the cars in this pack do much to excite me at all, just not really my thing, but can't wait for Laguna Seca.
I cant also I see Spa in my sleep the hopes of this new track is the only thing keeping me sane :D:D

Fantastic news, fantastic thread, its just one persons comments seemed to have killed it (i.e mine) but they was just personal to me, there was no need to start a war about it :(
:thumbsup:
I have a great deal of respect for people such as yourself who strive to produce interesting and eclectic subjects for those of us who enjoy them.
While many that appear on 'outside' sources are a bit ordinary (I'm being 'tactful') they often fill the void that Olde Phartes like myself love, one example being the late 60s F3 Tecno and Matra pairing.
I understand the Supercar and Hypercar fans, but frankly I prefer Classics and even high end road cars, as I own and drive one elderly high performance GT and one very high performance LM Replica that is run at any Track Day I can get to.
Kunos do have a lot of strange official content IMHO, but there's always the odd Diamond in the pack.
As I've already mentioned, a Quadrifglio is on top of my wife's shopping list as she is due for a new daily driver (Sophie is a Surgeon and can buy what she likes!) and I'm looking forward to being allowed to drive it in 1:1 scale.
:D:D:D

Last edited:
Fantastic news, fantastic thread, its just one persons comments seemed to have killed it (i.e mine) but they was just personal to me, there was no need to start a war about it :(

Perhaps you could have foreseen how a sarcastic comment could alter the flow of the thread.

Since literally every single AC news thread goes the exact same direction... and frankly people are sick of it.

Carry on though. :)

Where did I complain, I only expressed an opinion?

I didn't rant, and I didn't throw my toys out of my pram, I just stated "my personal opinion"

I won't come up with an argument, as you state, it will be invalid, but how can you invalidate an non-valid argument that was never started in the first place
i wasn't poking directly at you(i have seen other comments on older threads). But now as I've seen you have stated your opinion in a further explained way. I also gave you a like on your further explained comment. If you felt offended, then i am truly sorry, you just seemed like you came here, only to complain.

Last edited:
This looks like an excellent update! Really looking forward to the Giulia as it's a car I absolutely adore. It drives fantastic in real life (and is stupidly quirky.. lol those doors). This will be awesome!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%