1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Assetto Corsa Sneak Preview

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 30, 2017.

1. guidofoc

guidofoc
    Premium

Ratings:
    +226
    Laguna Seca, laser-scanned, and for free, guys. Even if it was that + a shopping cart I'd be super happy all the same.
    I'm really curious to see how the AI (and me!) survive the Corkscrew.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. formidable

formidable

Ratings:
    +30
    If you want a simulator with race cars, exists a lot of them. But with street legal cars, no.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. formidable

formidable

Ratings:
    +30
    Yes!

More street cars!

And I love the new Giulia specially.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Ruben De Wulf

Ruben De Wulf
    Premium

Ratings:
    +44
    my brother bought this one ! in black , really nice !

• Beer Beer x 1
  5. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,464
    Hi there, no worries. I don't know why and how, but before I started doing some semi OK mods for AC I could post what I like and people ignored it, not even a sniff, but since then, what ever, where ever I post I get either flamed or liked, there is no middle ground. I only ever state my "personal" opinion, and I never complain, just state that I might not agree, that's all.

Anyway, back on topic. The car does look amazing, as all AC cars do. Now if they have the brand and car, could Kunos not do this one......

btcc_alfajpg.jpg

Yep, unless you have been living under a rock for the past 3months, ALFA are making a return to the BTCC in 2018 :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  6. Hoksu

Hoksu

Ratings:
    +77
    Would love to have that Alfa, and some other BTCC cars to compete with it. Touring cars are something AC sorely lacks

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Michael Hornbuckle

Michael Hornbuckle

Ratings:
    +2,647
    Five pages before a thread about upcoming content turns into a wishlist...might be a new record.

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek

Ratings:
    +1,331
    still higher chance to drive hyuara then BTCC race car, or DTM or F1

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. MarkR

MarkR
    Premium

Ratings:
    +307
    There is a good Fast Fleet article in Evo magazine this month about the realities of taking their long-term test Quadrifoglio on track. The Alfa melted its front Pirelli P Zero Corsas in 4 laps at Rockingham, chunks missing from the shoulders, distorted tread patterns in the centre. Turns out the Corsas have a wear rate of just 60, basically super sticky tyres vs a wear rate of 300 on a specific occasional track & day road tyre like the superb Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Super Sports will stand several track days and some road milage on 500bhp+ cars.

I know all too well how painful replacing a £400+ pair of tyres is after a little track stint. I don't expect racing games to simulate to that level but it is interesting to read the realities and real costs that come with taking 1600kg/500bhp road cars on the track. This is what makes simulators like AC such good value for money, by comparison, sure it isn't quite the real thing but in VR and for 'free' this time it is close enough. As many laps as I like on more tracks than I'll visit in a lifetime without ever having to worry about the cost of what I'm wearing out is good for me. The Alfa isn't a car I'm ever likely to drive and definitely not buy but I look forward to trying it in the game all the same.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. ronniej

ronniej
    Premium

Ratings:
    +253
    10-4

*Don't forget, entry fees, restaurants, hotel rooms, fuel (especially if you use a trailer to haul your toy)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Kjell81d

Kjell81d

Ratings:
    +39
    Yea, just more street cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. aphidgod

aphidgod
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,366
    To be fair it did last a long time, even though it ended up in predictable territory. The last one went off the rails in 2 posts. :x3:

But I think we can give it a rest now, can't we? AC has always had road cars. The tech demo was a road car. There will be more road cars. Find a way to make peace with that... this line of conversation will never bear fruit.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  13. CobraCat

CobraCat

Ratings:
    +175
    They are like old men yelling at clouds!! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. melanieuk

melanieuk

Ratings:
    +160
    Well done brains, you get a gold star, that was my exact point, veeery slow clap.

15. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN

Ratings:
    +253
    This pack was originally going to be paid DLC, Stefano said he and Marco decided it's free only on the trip to Simracing Expo.

With those cars, race car purists would have been salty about having to buy them, to get access to Laguna Seca. But now that it's free (including a freaking FREE LASERSCANNED TRACK), complaining about it is shameful.

AC was always about also road cars, simulating all those cars that all men want, but will never afford. It's AC's thing, how it differentiates from other sims. And one reason of it's success, probably.

There was already Ready to Race pack, this maybe Ready for Road. What can be counted on is Ready to Complain users on RD :whistling:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Glaurung

Glaurung
    Premium

Ratings:
    +861
    I don't think so.
    Only 18 Alfa 33 Stradale have been built and less than half exist nowadays.
    A number less than the 90s DTM cars you could see in a single hillclimb event.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Gergo Panker

Gergo Panker
    pankykapus Premium

Ratings:
    +452
    Actually, only 2 twin-headlight prototypes were ever made, one's in Japan, the other one's in the Alfa Museum.

18. k_badam

k_badam
    Yer Nan

Ratings:
    +106
    im sorry big man...

19. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek

Ratings:
    +1,331
    if you are talking about rare road cars, we can throw in a rare race cars and the odd will be the same

not really sure what's your point,

my reaction was to cars like Hyuara or Sesto elemento,and I think chances are still smaller then to drive F1 car

If I had all the money in the world, I could buy Sesto Elemento and Hyara quite easily, but even if I bought F1 car, I can't just turn it on and drive it, you have to have it setup and bring to life before you can drive it , let alone the fact if you don't drive it properly fast, you will crash it because downforce won't kick in in slower speeds

20. aphidgod

aphidgod
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,366
    Indeed. :rolleyes:

• Haha Haha x 1