Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Assetto Corsa Sneak Preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio.jpg

Marco Massarutto has revealed a first in game picture of the stunning Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio coming to Assetto Corsa very soon...

The Quadrifoglio was originally scheduled to form part of a new DLC offering from Kunos Simulazioni alongside several new cars and the legendary Laguna Seca racetrack over in America. However for reasons best known only to Kunos the pack received one or two unexpected delays, and as such the Italian developers have taken the awesome decision to throw out this new content for free! Yup you heard it right... FREE!

Set to feature the Giulia, Laguna Seca, the Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale, Lamborghini Sesto Elemento, Lamborghini Huracan Performante, Maserati Quattroporte and Pagani Huayra BC, the 'Bonus Pack' DLC will be made available in short order, however no official release date has yet been confirmed.

Missed the first announcement? No worries, check out our initial feature article HERE.

Want to learn more about what goes on behind the scenes at Kunos Simulazioni and what is in store for this upcoming free update? Well we asked the man with the plan in Germany recently, find out what he had to say below:

Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. We host quality League and Club Racing events, have a selection of fantastic mods to download and some of the best community conversation. Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the upcoming new Assetto Corsa content? Like the look of the Alfa? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
i wasn't poking directly at you(i have seen other comments on older threads). But now as I've seen you have stated your opinion in a further explained way. I also gave you a like on your further explained comment. If you felt offended, then i am truly sorry, you just seemed like you came here, only to complain.

Hi there, no worries. I don't know why and how, but before I started doing some semi OK mods for AC I could post what I like and people ignored it, not even a sniff, but since then, what ever, where ever I post I get either flamed or liked, there is no middle ground. I only ever state my "personal" opinion, and I never complain, just state that I might not agree, that's all.

Anyway, back on topic. The car does look amazing, as all AC cars do. Now if they have the brand and car, could Kunos not do this one......

btcc_alfajpg.jpg

Yep, unless you have been living under a rock for the past 3months, ALFA are making a return to the BTCC in 2018 :D

There is a good Fast Fleet article in Evo magazine this month about the realities of taking their long-term test Quadrifoglio on track. The Alfa melted its front Pirelli P Zero Corsas in 4 laps at Rockingham, chunks missing from the shoulders, distorted tread patterns in the centre. Turns out the Corsas have a wear rate of just 60, basically super sticky tyres vs a wear rate of 300 on a specific occasional track & day road tyre like the superb Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Super Sports will stand several track days and some road milage on 500bhp+ cars.

I know all too well how painful replacing a £400+ pair of tyres is after a little track stint. I don't expect racing games to simulate to that level but it is interesting to read the realities and real costs that come with taking 1600kg/500bhp road cars on the track. This is what makes simulators like AC such good value for money, by comparison, sure it isn't quite the real thing but in VR and for 'free' this time it is close enough. As many laps as I like on more tracks than I'll visit in a lifetime without ever having to worry about the cost of what I'm wearing out is good for me. The Alfa isn't a car I'm ever likely to drive and definitely not buy but I look forward to trying it in the game all the same.

• ronniej

I know all too well how painful replacing a £400+ pair of tyres is after a little track stint. I don't expect racing games to simulate to that level but it is interesting to read the realities and real costs that come with taking 1600kg/500bhp road cars on the track.
10-4

*Don't forget, entry fees, restaurants, hotel rooms, fuel (especially if you use a trailer to haul your toy)

Five pages before a thread about upcoming content turns into a wishlist...might be a new record.

To be fair it did last a long time, even though it ended up in predictable territory. The last one went off the rails in 2 posts. :x3:

But I think we can give it a rest now, can't we? AC has always had road cars. The tech demo was a road car. There will be more road cars. Find a way to make peace with that... this line of conversation will never bear fruit.

Kunos - Let's release Laguna Seca for free with a couple bonus cars thrown in the mix, they can't possibly be bitter about it.
Esteemed Sim Racing community - *Hold my beer* Waaaaaaaaah road cars Waaaaaaaah

Never mind the fact that out of the 20 cars released in the previous 3 packs, 15 are race cars. Excellent. :laugh:

They are like old men yelling at clouds!! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

This pack was originally going to be paid DLC, Stefano said he and Marco decided it's free only on the trip to Simracing Expo.

With those cars, race car purists would have been salty about having to buy them, to get access to Laguna Seca. But now that it's free (including a freaking FREE LASERSCANNED TRACK), complaining about it is shameful.

AC was always about also road cars, simulating all those cars that all men want, but will never afford. It's AC's thing, how it differentiates from other sims. And one reason of it's success, probably.

There was already Ready to Race pack, this maybe Ready for Road. What can be counted on is Ready to Complain users on RD :whistling:

Last edited:
I don't think so.
Only 18 Alfa 33 Stradale have been built and less than half exist nowadays.
A number less than the 90s DTM cars you could see in a single hillclimb event.
if you are talking about rare road cars, we can throw in a rare race cars and the odd will be the same

not really sure what's your point,

my reaction was to cars like Hyuara or Sesto elemento,and I think chances are still smaller then to drive F1 car

If I had all the money in the world, I could buy Sesto Elemento and Hyara quite easily, but even if I bought F1 car, I can't just turn it on and drive it, you have to have it setup and bring to life before you can drive it , let alone the fact if you don't drive it properly fast, you will crash it because downforce won't kick in in slower speeds

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back