aiologs handbrake v3

aiologs handbrake v3

— Analog/potmeter: works as much you drag
— Standart USB joystick device (no special driver need)
— Case made of 3mm stainless steel case
— Metal handle

5WFdnQ5qF8A.jpg

7jv-t1pdV_Y.jpg

_YZi2L0Y8WU.jpg

oEhy_AMFm3o.jpg

FPQwZPYTe0s.jpg

0B0knO71K1E.jpg

IhNU2Y11gtA.jpg

wUVVe2QZ2e8.jpg

_UdUhlzwmx8.jpg

mQyhb2zwttU.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not tested it yet on a real game. I've just had time to make the unpackaging. It comes really well protected, with the shaft and the knob uninstalled. The desk clamp comes installed. No instructions. The construction and looks are excellent. Everything is metal. I specially love how to knob feels. It's just the right shape, height and thickness. I've attached the handbrake to my desk, just to try how it works. It matches my expectations exactly. It feels like a very hard joystick. The travel and the resistance are very well calculated. I think the combination of these two factors will make the control of the braking very precise and comfortable. If feels really strong and built to last. There's no wobble at all. I can hear some grinding noises when I move the shaft, although I suppose it will not affect the behaviour of the handbrake. The movement is soft and linear. The very end of the travel is silent, heavy and dampered. However, the return to the original position is not, and you can hear a thock sound when you release the lever. The led is quite dim and not annoying. A micro usb cable is provided. The device is detected correctly (Windows 7). Oh, some good news for me: the shaft and knob are compatible with the units provided with the HE shifter. So I can, for instance use a shorter shaft and have less travel and more resistance.

Now, some questions to aio:
To remove the desk clamp, do I have to loosen the 4 little screws on the sides?
The hard mount holes on the bottom are M5. What length of the screws can go inside the body of the handbrake (I don't want to damage it).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh, I see. I thought the clamping holes were the tiny holes next to the big ones.

Could you tell me where did you pruchase the knob? I like it so much I would like to have it too for my HE shifter.

Upvote 0
I had the chance to try it in for a while Assetto Corsa and Dirt Rally. I must say I've found a little problem with my Win7 installing it, but only when connecting it to one of my usb hubs. However, the fix was easy: install the standard driver manually on the device manager (hid usb device).The device was recognized perfectly by both games, as well as the assignment of the axis. The feeling in game is as expected. Using it is like pulling of a lever with a very strong spring. The beginning of the travel has very very little effect on the brakes, although I suppose this depends on the game and could be adjusted in the game or with a utility for calibrating analog devices. The final millimetres at the end of the travel, as it is dampened, is harder, and you have to pull strong for 100%. When using it in game you normally tend to pull almost all the way to the end, and then release it a little when you lock your rear wheels too much. I'm no expert in drifting, but I think the brake regulation is easy with this handbrake. Maybe the way it feels could be better, less like a spring and more like a sponge, but I suppose this can only be achieved with a load cell or an hydraulic system. Anyway, I have not used a real rally handbrake ever, so I don't know how realistic it feels. To finish, I must say I have installed the short shaft from my HE shifter. I feel that the shorter throw works better for me, because I don't need too much brake regulation and the extra stiffness is welcome.

Upvote 0
Aio, has you considered the idea of two big neodimium magnets facing each other (same poles) as a substitute or complement to the spring? It would be unpexpensive, easy to build and it would make the handbrake behave progressively (the more your pull, the harder it gets).

Upvote 0
Aio, has you considered the idea of two big neodimium magnets facing each other (same poles) as a substitute or complement to the spring? It would be unpexpensive, easy to build and it would make the handbrake behave progressively (the more your pull, the harder it gets).
I think it's not will be work, neodymium magnets don't gave good force for this case.
Today i still experimenting with elastomer springs and i have some progress.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There's also this kind of spring which has two different parts. I don't know if it would work with pulling but it will work with compressing. I think I had one of these when I modified my old G25 brake pedal.

GTEYE-Brake-Spring.jpg

Reactions: aio
Upvote 0
So I guess the differences (referring to the handbrake) are:
- transparent plastic top cover that allows to see the inside
- more red leds
- progressive travel (maybe using more layers of elastomers with different densities?)

Some time ago I considered opening my unit (but I didn't dare in case I couldn't assemble it again) simply with the idea of adding some spounge or polyurethane around the piece that dampers the end of the travel. Finally, I ended up with a simple and low technology solution, which is provisional, but works fine.

handbrake-mod1.jpg

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back