Agressive AI rams me off road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
is there anything I can do against beeing piled off road from aggressive reckless AI cars all the time?
Or should I never race with AI cars?
Piled by AI cars 4 times in 2mins.

See:
My favorite:
Code:
https://youtu.be/ym3wadd_T0w?t=114

Btw. this forum system killed all my youtube link with time reference....great.

Excellent explanation from Race Room official forum:

I have to admit that generally AI is very good and it doesn't feel like they're an obstacle. I like that they're rather agressive and don't try to avoid you like mad, which is what ruins racing for me in PC2, where they instantly pull away from you as soon as you're side by side with them.

Having said that, there are a few exceptions though. As some of @nano 10's videos demonstrate in some occasions AI just keeps going no matter what is in their path. I've had countless of races ruined by this behaviour and after analizing reviews I only have one explanation for this - their "frontal awareness cone" is far too small.

I'm guessing there is an area in the front of the cars (which probably increases and decreases based on the speed) to detect obstacles and trigger AI to slow down. If that's the case then I think it becomes too small at slow speeds causing situations like these, where AI is unaware that there is actually an object in their path, and because they're behind the player, they push into the rear sides of the player cars either causing us to go wide or simply run off the track and spin.

I think, even though some people say it's not an issue and that it's all player's fault, it does need to be looked into. I've rage quit some of my races because some of the incidents have been absolutely ridiculous, as in, I could be on the racing line taking a turn and AI comes barging in pushing me out into the gravel or into other AI path causing me to lose 5, 10 or 15 positions. The same can happen on a straight where AI just decide to move to one side or another not realising that my rear is in their path.

I say in a few words the bots try to push, hit and then get off track, instead of avoiding you.

My videos are so clear and the explanation perfect.

Never had problems with the AI. In fact, it may be the best on the market right now, miles ahead of rFactor 2's.

I just uploaded a video of me racing against the AI at 110% difficulty. No problems at all :)

AmarildoJr

Maybe you did not understand the point.

The game (such expensive game by the way) does not have the option to set aggressiveness

My driving style (and the many players who complained about the same) is normal but the aggressiveness of the bots is unnatural.

As already pointed out, it's more than likely that the AI expects the player to go through corners at a certain speeds depending on the AI level the player has set. Since OP was going way too slow and driving in a unpredictable manner, it's more than fair that the AI, or even a human, would have little time to react to such slow and unpredictable behavior.

I simply cannot get the AI to touch me, unless I purposely slow down. And in almost all videos you posted, Nano, the situations are as already described to you: too slow for the AI level you set. Either that, or lack of racing awareness, either by not watching your mirrrors, or braking too soon, or crossing the line.
Heck, even when their front tire is aligned with my rear tire through a corner and I aggressively push, they back down on most occasions, and when they don't = no accidents happen.

When racing realistically, R3E's AI is the best on the market, IMO. It's the only one where the behavior of others is realistic, e.g. if I already started the turn, the AI will let me continue and will stick behind me instead of forcing me through corners.

I can't think of a better advice than "learn the track and car", "there are tools like the leaderboards where you can challange yourself".

PS: "I drive since when simulator X was released" says nothing about a player's skill ;)

AmarildoJr

It is very simple the point: the game has no option to regulate aggressiveness, it is a very serious fault in such an expensive game.

And I repeat, it's not a problem of driving style, because I do not have this problem in any game.

You have to read previous complaints and understand what I'm talking about.

In the videos it is very clear that the way the bots attack is totally unnatural

Seems to be on a hamster wheel this thread :whistling:

I find AI are a bit more aggressive than other sims, less forgiven an drive you hard. But noticed it can vary depending on the car pack, I only use WTCC, DTM 92&16, Touring Classics. I find DTM16 to be the most aggressive of the pack but you can still get some good racing, just takes at little more work at the wheel.

Sorry Kenny :p

O AmarildoJr

Maybe you did not understand the point (again)

If we only analyze the facts:

1) the game does not have the option to adjust the aggressiveness

2) constantly the bots brutally beat back to pass

In such an expensive game they should fix it

And my driving style is very good O AmarildoJr, very very good
do not worry about it

And my driving style is very good O AmarildoJr, very very good
do not worry about it

Alright, so this seemingly needs to be plainly spelled out for you, so I'll try to oblige.

For multiple pages now, you have shared videos of AI problems you are experiencing. There have been a few valid issues, but most of the time you are at fault.

Numerous people in this thread have pointed this out, and fairly thoroughly described how, and what you are doing wrong. Your driving is the problem here. You are not properly driving on the racing line, you are braking too early, you are too slow for the AI difficulty % you are using, and you are driving erratically in some of the videos. When you drive without any respect for your opponent... your opposition, whether they are human or AI, are going to crash into you.

You have repeatedly ignored the posts that have described how you could improve, even when those responses have been friendly and genuinely trying to help you.

Here is a simple breakdown of how you can help yourself, because the game is not the problem:

1) Do some practice on your own, alone on track. Go into a leaderboard challenge and use a ghost from a fast driver, so you can follow the correct racing line around the track.

2) Stick with a car and put in a lot of laps. You need to understand the correct braking points and what speeds you should be going through corners. You should do this for a minimum of 100 laps to really get some expertise.

3) Go try a single player race. Use a small amount of AI. Let's say, try to use 11 AI. Set their difficulty at least 5% lower than you do now. Dont worry about being fast in the race, just focus on your driving. Practice driving in traffic. Practice trailing the AI and braking at the correct spots. Try to stay on the correct racing line. And most of all, show respect to the AI. Dont brake too early. Dont dive bomb them or block them. If you miss a corner, dont try returning to the racing line by going directly into a faster moving AI.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back