ACC VR - The definitive VR Performance Guide

Hi,

I have been polishing ACC for VR, made a guide to help others out.
This guide is mostly for Valve Index, Vive and other SteamVR headsets, not tested with Oculus. However, if you find good results with any Oculus headset, let me know so we can update the guide.

Guide on Web

In this guide i will explain in detail how to get the most out of Assetto Corsa Competizione in terms of VR Performance

This guide is up to date with 1.8, as i am not 100% happy with the VR performance introduced in 1.8.

There will probably be updates to this guide after some long-term testing, since i am not perfectly satisfied with the performance yet. However, this guide should be a good pointer or baseline for anyone looking to improve their performance in VR significantly.

Last Update: 2022-11-17

Sections:

Last edited:
Some on discord have with good results. It’s runs pretty good on the 30 series tho I have found, rf2 still giving some issues for the 40 series boys unfortunately

I've been testing it on a 4090, but on a Pimax5k plus, which pushes it a bit harder than a ReverbG2 ( unfortunately ). ACC isn't my main game anymore ( as I only race in VR and its been such a PITA for that ). It does now run a lot more smoothly, but I've not managed to get it looking great yet, even in VR high with a few things turned up the cars around me don't look anywhere near as sharp as say iRacing or AMS2. I have managed to get it running with OpenXR and Open VR Toolkit and am now playing with those settings when real life lets me. I will let you guys know how I get on. The good news is that there is clearly more wriggle room now, you just have to spend a fortune to get it:)

I am doing vr epic plus 100% car lod but on 60hz on G2 and 4090. Looks ok! Seems like people having G1 having better results due to half resolution in steamvr...

Last edited:
I am doing vr epic plus 100% car lod but on 60hz on G2 and 4090. Looks ok! Seems like people having G1 having better results due to half resolution in steamvr...
Dunno why on earth u would be at 60hz when my 3080ti runs acc well enough at 90hz with vr high with some up/down tweaks but 60hz was for my 2070 not for now????

I get ok performance with VR high, but the cars still look a blurry mess at medium distance. When I tailgate them like your average BMW driver on the motorway, they look ok, but any further away they look like I'm wearing the wrong glasses. Any ideas what to change to improve this? In AMS2/iRacing cars at that distance look crisp and sharp.

Dunno why on earth u would be at 60hz when my 3080ti runs acc well enough at 90hz with vr high with some up/down tweaks but 60hz was for my 2070 not for now????
For me VR high doesnt look good enough for me. On Vr epic cant make stable 90hz, on 60Hz its ~80% utilized (power is around 350w) and looks ok to me.

Hey guys, has anyone noticed an issue with ACC and opencomposite where the map/menu etc. all have black backgrounds instead of transparent? It just started happening to me today and I'm stumped! SteamVR still works normally so it's not the game itself..

Looks like a big jump; useable now -

I had previously played just AC with 3080ti & Reverb G2v2 & 5800X3D and I thought that I have to get 4090 to be able to play ACC as everyone has said it is very unoptimized.

I was gladly surprised that I'm able to run ACC solid 90fps on High/Epic with OpenComposite+OXR Toolkit's Fixed Foveated Rendering. Even on Rain / Storm it runs better than AC so maybe I'll cancel my 4090 order 'cause I'm good for now.

Btw I have FSR on Ultra quality and the FSR sharpening is defaulted at 80%. Should sharpening be put lower or higher? In settings it says to set it inverted compared to FSR quality but I haven't seen anyone showing their FSR sharerpening percent if they use Ultra quality.

Figured it out, motion reprojection seems to be a bit broken with opencomposite, turned it off and everything’s back to normal.
Hey guys, has anyone noticed an issue with ACC and opencomposite where the map/menu etc. all have black backgrounds instead of transparent? It just started happening to me today and I'm stumped! SteamVR still works normally so it's not the game

I dont remember what was the problem in the past with dlss and VR (now on 522.25 driver). Today i have tried dlss balanced and it was ok (didnt tune much, probably can be better) . I did try various openxr and open_vr and it didnt look good to me with very messy installation and startup! It was running stable 90hz ( < 9ms) with 6 cars in front of me.
Card was pulling ~360w on ~80% utilization all the time during race. All the rest is on default. let me know what you think (tested on 4090).

btw since i moved to 4090 ... power draw with triple 1440 running ACC is around 170w ... use to be ~300 with 3080ti on same setup :)!

Attachments

• dlssVr1.json
    1.2 KB · Views: 58
I did see that, his footage didn't look any better than mine. I will try again. Maybe I've been spoilt by AMS2 and iRacing VR and need to lower my expectations.

I feel the same way. So spoilt by AMS2 and iRacing in VR that I have given up on getting rF2 to the same level of visual fidelity...and wasn't even pondering trying to get ACC to the same level lol. I am curious if you manage it though, so please keep us posted!

I feel the same way. So spoilt by AMS2 and iRacing in VR that I have given up on getting rF2 to the same level of visual fidelity...and wasn't even pondering trying to get ACC to the same level lol. I am curious if you manage it though, so please keep us posted!
Rf2 with open comp should allow u a good (no headlights lol/nighttime or sunset) experience if u can run res at 100 with your gpu?

I actually went back to SteamVR after seeing a suggestion in the RF2 VR discord. Works like a charm now and getting 90FPS. Key was using the RF2 config widget ( I also got a new CPU, which has helped massively ). It’s ridiculous throwing this level of hardware at it, but now its running and looking almost as good as iRacing on a Pimax 5k Super. I did also get ACC running nicely at 90 FPS, but using open composite and openXR ( and PimaxXR ). Using openXR on ACC I was able to up the Pimax supersampling to 1.5 which worked wonders. Having said all this, I’m running a 4090 and i9 13, it shouldn’t take that level of hardware to do this so still have to give the props to AMS2 and iRacing for having decent VR optimisation.

Last edited:
Does anybody have any recommended settings for ACC with a 4090 and g2 VR headset? I've tried openxr with FFR and played with high and epic. Quality is not even close to AMS2 or iracing. Will the engine file update help?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back