ACC VR - The definitive VR Performance Guide

Hi,

I have been polishing ACC for VR, made a guide to help others out.
This guide is mostly for Valve Index, Vive and other SteamVR headsets, not tested with Oculus. However, if you find good results with any Oculus headset, let me know so we can update the guide.

Guide on Web

In this guide i will explain in detail how to get the most out of Assetto Corsa Competizione in terms of VR Performance

This guide is up to date with 1.8, as i am not 100% happy with the VR performance introduced in 1.8.

There will probably be updates to this guide after some long-term testing, since i am not perfectly satisfied with the performance yet. However, this guide should be a good pointer or baseline for anyone looking to improve their performance in VR significantly.

Last Update: 2022-11-17

Sections:

Last edited:
Does this work for Radeon cards as well? Especially, does anybody has experiences with the new 7900 cards? They seem to have very poor VR performance with the current driver.

micro stutter occurs sometimes, often when I look sideways in the pitstop towards the parked cars and drive slowly I can see the cars stuttering!

Well...now i get random frametime spikes again when racing with 19 AI cars...

Nothing changed, except a few windows updates since last time i played ACC when. Oh, an an ACC hotfix and an update for SteamVR. Everything ran perfectly smooth back then.

*Sigh*

Stuff like that really makes me think about just selling my gear an call it a day. The amount of troubleshooting with pc gaming is f*cking annoying.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Stuff like that really makes me think about just selling my gear an call it a day. The amount of troubleshooting with pc gaming is f*cking annoying.
VR in the current state is very temperamental unfortunately, want an easier life, move to monitors and keep all your gear. :)

Well...now i get random frametime spikes again when racing with 19 AI cars...

Nothing changed, except a few windows updates since last time i played ACC when. Oh, an an ACC hotfix and an update for SteamVR. Everything ran perfectly smooth back then.

*Sigh*

Oh I remember those SteamVR/FPSVR days with ACC and DR2(tweaking/tinkering hell, never perfect).

That's why you should switch to Opencomposite + OpenXR toolkit. Yes it costs more time to configure it properly but once you finished it: no more trouble just raceeee!

That's why you should switch to Opencomposite + OpenXR toolkit. Yes it costs more time to configure it properly but once you finished it: no more trouble just raceeee!

I was under the impression that this won't work with a valve index since it already is a "native" SteamVR headset. Currently playing Cyberpunk, after that i will look further into solving this issue, maybe try another driver and/or a fresh windows installation...not that this one is old...

It is also a purely gaming oriented build, no bloatware, nothing. Except for a few games i never installed anything.

cant figure what that is. I noticed scrolling down some website in Chrome, makes ACC stutter in the background and dropping roughly 20-30 fps..

micro stutter occurs sometimes, often when I look sideways in the pitstop towards the parked cars and drive slowly I can see the cars stuttering!
Windows dynamic thread priority - it lower background tasks priority's - plus try turn off HAGS in Windows settings and Chrome settings aswell.

In task manager u can set acc.exe to have always high cpu priority -> How to Permanently Set Priority & Affinity With Shortcut File

I was under the impression that this won't work with a valve index since it already is a "native" SteamVR headset. Currently playing Cyberpunk, after that i will look further into solving this issue, maybe try another driver and/or a fresh windows installation...not that this one is old...

It is also a purely gaming oriented build, no bloatware, nothing. Except for a few games i never installed anything.
It works great with the Valve Index from what I understood/read online.

It's officially supported as you can read here: https://mbucchia.github.io/OpenXR-Toolkit/

I've got rid of ALL the stability issues that I had using OpenXR toolkit instead of OpenVR. But it took me quite a while to set it up to my liking. But it's something you do once per title and then you're set. After setting it up it just works great.

Hello thanks for your Guide:

My System Speccs are:

Amd Ryzen Ryzen R5 5600x
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070
G2 Reverb Gen 2

After setting up everything that you wrote in your guide, my game looks like this.

Does anyone have any ideas what I may have done wrong?

Thanks in advise

Alex

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-20 154938.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-01-20 154938.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 248
  • Screenshot 2023-01-20 155016.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-01-20 155016.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 241
  • Screenshot 2023-01-20 155042.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-01-20 155042.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 241
  • Screenshot 2023-01-20 161113.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-01-20 161113.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 236
  • Screenshot 2023-01-20 161142.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-01-20 161142.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 240
Does this work for Radeon cards as well? Especially, does anybody has experiences with the new 7900 cards? They seem to have very poor VR performance with the current driver.
I’m reading the guide right now and I have an AMD 7900XT.
Did you try this guide?
I’m using OpenVR_api.dll at the moment and I have 90 fps stable but I’m looking for a way to still have 90 fps but with better image quality

Hi,

I have been polishing ACC for VR, made a guide to help others out.
This guide is mostly for Valve Index, Vive and other SteamVR headsets, not tested with Oculus. However, if you find good results with any Oculus headset, let me know so we can update the guide.

Guide on Web

In this guide i will explain in detail how to get the most out of Assetto Corsa Competizione in terms of VR Performance

This guide is up to date with 1.8, as i am not 100% happy with the VR performance introduced in 1.8.

There will probably be updates to this guide after some long-term testing, since i am not perfectly satisfied with the performance yet. However, this guide should be a good pointer or baseline for anyone looking to improve their performance in VR significantly.

Last Update: 2022-11-17

Sections:
I run a Lenovo Legion 5 with Oculus 2 using a 3070 gpu. After literally hours of tinkering, this guy really sorted me out. I'm extremely happy with the results on ACC Steam. Maybe it will help someone else?

I have rtx 3070, amd 5800x and 32gb ram. quest3 and openxr.
Need help. I have 80fps with headroom @ac. but with acc i dont manage to get a crisp picture without framedrop. Like the feel of acc and i really want to drive in vr!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 72 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 77 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 49 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 106 13.9%