• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured ACC Version 1 Won't Have Competitive Multiplayer Events

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 10, 2019.

1. Kakusso

Kakusso

Ratings:
    +217
    They should just have ported Assetto Corsa to the Unreal engine. ACC is not the best idea after all.
    Assetto Corsa was pure joy while being a great simulator ACC is medicalizided food.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
  2. Shovas

Shovas
    Premium

Ratings:
    +295
    Agreed. I wouldn't mind if S3/S397/Reiza/Kunos/SimBin all came to some agreement about SRS and started supporting it officially with a nice interface.

SRS could be the thing if they don't want to do it themselves.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. ionONE1

ionONE1
    Premium

Ratings:
    +630
    So why is this game called "Competizione" again? :O_o:
    Seriously this was the sole reason why i bought into early access. The rating system is a step above iracing in theory, wasted potential indeed.

Click "matchmaking". Vote for your 3 favorite tracks and race lenght for example (not 100 different sliders)
    Now you can do whatever, do some singleplayer or random lobby. If critical number of drivers (40?) queued up server will open up. Introduce a honor system similar to league of legends.
    Here "safe racer", "great opponent" "helpful" etc.
    [​IMG]
    One can dream right ;)

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. Jorge Villar

Jorge Villar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +83
    Its just a name, you can't infer that a game will offer something just because of a catchy name, can you?

5. mantasisg

mantasisg

Ratings:
    +1,992
    Imagine if there would be series of SRO games released separately, almost every year, like codemasters are doing with F#uno and Rally titles. Then I suppose optimum longevity for a title for developer is short.

6. Rabadilla

Rabadilla

Ratings:
    +3
    No less than disappointing!!! Sooo.... Are you looking for SRS to do your job again. ¿¿¿¿COMPETIZIONE???, This Assetto doesn't deserve such a name!!! :mad:
    NO WAY!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. AmarildoJr

AmarildoJr

Ratings:
    +161
    WOW.

At first I thought of ACC as a spiritual successor to GTR2. One series well developed and focused, none of that "here's a few cars from this class, a few formula cars, a bus, a spaceship, and a few tracks. Have fun" kind of bullshit.

Kunos has certainly aimed for that role, but without any serious multiplayer competition I don't see why I'd be interested in driving it. AC and SRS provide a nice alternative for iRacing, for much, much cheaper and with many more classes than ACC has to offer.

I was thinking of buying ACC. Now I'm not. Perhaps I'll spend the money on some RSS mods.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  8. Austin Ogonoski

Austin Ogonoski

Ratings:
    +431
    Hold on, am I understanding this correctly?

They built a game with the subtitle "Competizione", and promised "advanced multiplayer functionality" with a "matchmaking function" which "makes sure that you can compete with opponents of similar skill level and easily find online races to join."

But at the end of the day it's just a basic server browser and filters that every other game already has?

All while a few community members created an iRacing-style app and released it for their previous game, for free?

Holy lel.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  9. grmblfx

grmblfx
    Banned

Ratings:
    +4
    Ach Emma Sulkovich, if you could only read, it could have saved your life...

We ALL know you here, know what you did, know what you stand for.
    Now go back to your boldmaster and stop dissing other devs without any reason nor substance!
    Please, for your own good.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Beer Beer x 3
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Sigmar Bomar

Sigmar Bomar

Ratings:
    +36
    Massive disappointnemt and at the same time - not so much.
    I guess once you look at it from a business stand point you see that costs add up - servers, developers, maintenance and such. Expecting to get that for free is quite delusional, at least in long term.
    I was thinking of getting ACC on it's full release (1.0) but not anymore.

11. farjam

farjam

Ratings:
    +217
    I'm not disappointed as i'd never expected them to be able to something like that, i only have purchased it just as dev support in case of AC2 possibility, but hell they have missed a big big opportunity to at least have something in 1/10 of that SRS scale, or at least something that can gives meaning and continuity to the online races not just too many random/one-of races (with random different rules/schedules) between a little player base (that they said they are happy with the size of player base, really?) to attend that their's results will have no meaning at the end unless you are participating in a made up league by some websites.
    This pick up races only will work with a very large player base, yes the player base will grow after the final release, but just a little as the offliners are (almost) already there and there will be no ground-breaking appealing online feature like regular scheduled races to bring a large community of online races. (may be i'm 100% wrong)
    Please notice that i'm not an expert, just saying my opinion, i'd never expected them to do something like it and i'll get what i paid for(was it 20$ or 25$ at the start?) a few GT3 cars with a few tracks to do what i like to do with them, some offline or online races with "weather-god simulator power in my hand" to shape the atmosphere of the race, then will be bored and get back to racing in AC1 to make the wait for AC2 a little easier :D

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  12. grmblfx

grmblfx
    Banned

Ratings:
    +4
    Dumbness all around, nice community build by that!
    :rolleyes::O_o::roflmao:

13. Urlauber

Urlauber
    Ask me about VTEC Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    Did the (simracing) world go crazy or is it just me? I'm following and playing ACC since EA release and never had the impression that "matchmaking" is that of a big and wanted feature. Suddenly there is no "matchmaking" and the whole sim is not worth playing anymore? People only want to play it if it includes "matchmaking"? Talking about losing the perspective. I'm really surprised and a bit shocked by this.

Maybe it's because I never missed something like that. If I want structured and scheduled races I join a league, if I want a quick race I join a high-SA rated server (rented one myself). Had so much fun since the introduction of SA limited servers.

I'm almost sure if Kunos announced a service where you would need to pay a monthly fee for it people would have started a similar sh1tshow.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Brett Hollran

Brett Hollran

Ratings:
    +5
    i didnt mean it how you took the post. im saying people are saying its too expensive to have a model like iracing when clearly SRS do it for free in AC. i dont play iracing because its a complete rip off . people are using iracing as an example of why its not feasable for ACC to have organised races.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +499
    The reason i didnt pull the trigger a long time ago. With AC and their excellent triple screen setup app i was sure it would come to ACC since it was one of those proper sim features for proper sim rigs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira

Ratings:
    +111
    One thing that people should keep in mind is that ( like some add on's ) some stuff can be created by community members that officially is a little more complex to be done by an official game developer, first and foremost because if for some reason ( and lets hope it doesn't happen ) tomorrow SRS needs to stop working, it owes nothing to anyone since it didn't charged anyone any money whatsoever.. also , since it was a tool created on top of the commercial titles to organize scheduled (more on this in a bit) racing, people started slowly adopting it and it started growing gradually, this allowed Henrique to establish limits and more or less study peak hours and usage, so it wasn't swarmed by thousands of players in the first day it was created... that would probably make the all thing blow and the pressure of fixing it and resize it, huge ... a developer like Kunos with an official title for the Blancpain would need to create a serious infrastructure to accommodate thousands of people on the day doors for such thing would open, also, would need people constantly monitoring the service like iRacing has, creating championships, reading reports of people being rammed on a race and whatnot ... all that implies costs... Henrique on SRS did things on a way that he himself can monitor most stuff with the help of a few volunteers, and again, if something fails for some reason remember, he didn't sold you anything :) .

For me iRacing and SRS are scheduled racing, its my favorite kind like anyone else venting in here, matchmaking is what Gran turismo sport for example does, and that is what i thought would happen in ACC, there would be some kind of a button that would place you on an appropriate race for your level by using all the values they are gathering with Minolins system... imagine X official servers on constant loop that are not accessible thru the lobby , they are just accessible thru that magical matchmaking button, that is what matchmaking sounds to me at least ...

Besides im sure that after 1.0 if Kunos doesnt come up with something like that even if on a smaller scale, SRS will do it if possible :)

PS : Also, people need to stop wanting the best of both worlds, iracing like service provided by an official entity, but.... no fee ! if that was possible im sure iRacing would have done it already, lets not forget that all of this for companies is a business, some may do it with more enthusiasm then others but its what puts food in their mouth in the end of the month like everyone else ...

• Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 1
  17. Daggerman

Daggerman

Ratings:
    +18
    Have they fixed the FFB yet? :roflmao:

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. Ghoults

Ghoults

Ratings:
    +533
    So you don't care about the matchmaking but you are surprised that some people who do care about it are vocal about this change? All I get from your post is that because you don't have an issue here nobody should? For me the cars and the tracks don't hold much interest in acc. But the competition structure and maybe a good single player career were the things that could push me over. Now that it is revealed that the online "matchmaker" is just a stripped down server browser (and worse than ac) with just driver ratings added on it I don't see anything in it that conveys the meaning of match making.

Well duh. They said the online will be included in the base package price*. Doing a bait and switch later and taking out a feature from the base game and putting it behind monthly fee surely would be worth at least "a sh1tshow"? That kind of stuff is not just morally wrong but illegal :D. But you have no problem with that..?

*source: https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/roadmap/

• Agree Agree x 6
  19. Andy_J

Andy_J
    I hate VR. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Premium

Ratings:
    +3,565
    When a game developer makes a promise, you lot should know by now that it almost never comes to fruition. That's the way they work. That's the way the industry works. They make bold claims to sell EA. It works.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Red_Falcon

Red_Falcon

Ratings:
    +31
    In Conclusion:

- Only GT3

- Only 9 Tracks

- No Mods

- No Matchmaking

Whats even the point of all these fancy Stats then?!

Amen

GG Kunos... :roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.