ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Can You help me with this ?
It seems it doesn't work . No installation problems.
Hi Alessandro,
Bear with me. A couple of people have reported issues that look to be down to the way I obtain a connection to the ACC Broadcast/UDP interface. From the diagnostics, it appears I'm sometimes picking up stale connections from previous races causing no results to be recorded.

This evening, I'm planning to change the way the connections are managed to overcome this.

The problem generally manifests itself as some sessions have the track name, but an "Unknown car", whereas other sessions are fine.

To be sure, can you send me some diagnostics. Right-click on the session and select Export Diagnostics.

1585822711311.png

An explorer window will open and you will see a Diagnostics zip file with a timestamp (eg Diagnostics_2020-03-05_210732.zip). Rename this to Diagnostics.txt (so the forum allows it) and post it here then I can have a look at it
Thanks,
Doug

Hi Alessandro,
Bear with me. A couple of people have reported issues that look to be down to the way I obtain a connection to the ACC Broadcast/UDP interface. From the diagnostics, it appears I'm sometimes picking up stale connections from previous races causing no results to be recorded.

This evening, I'm planning to change the way the connections are managed to overcome this.

The problem generally manifests itself as some sessions have the track name, but an "Unknown car", whereas other sessions are fine.

To be sure, can you send me some diagnostics. Right-click on the session and select Export Diagnostics.

View attachment 359544

An explorer window will open and you will see a Diagnostics zip file with a timestamp (eg Diagnostics_2020-03-05_210732.zip). Rename this to Diagnostics.txt (so the forum allows it) and post it here then I can have a look at it
Thanks,
Doug

Thanks Here I go!

Attachments

• Diagnostics.txt
    62.4 KB · Views: 122
@unpierrot , @standby34, @DaveDaBass and another others with the same issues...

V1.5.7 changes the way that ACC Broadcast/UDP connections are used, so I believe should fix the issue where stale connections are used causing results to be missed (where you see "Unknown car" and no laps)

Any records where this was the case won't be salvageable as there aren't the laps recorded. it is best to remove them (right click on the session and select Delete session)

Also, someone (I forget who) requested an option to view average laps. On the sessions page, if you select Display average times, it will display the average, rather than fastest, valid lap and sector times for either we or dry sessions (note a session is flagged as wet if you had wet tyres on at any point). Note the fuel and session type won't give anything meaningful as the rows are aggregates

1585846853610.png

Last edited:
Hello again!
I installed 1.5.7 . But unfortunately this is the result of my session tonight. I attach main screen of software and session .
I hope it can be helpful for me and the others!

This is the log of the software in the RED part
2020-04-02 23:50:32 WARNING ResultsDB.getRaceDetailsFromSnapshot : Could not find player car in session 3d0e5eef-66c7-412b-b1cb-8350f54a2666. Using car # 0 and track spa from shared memory
2020-04-02 23:50:32 ERROR ACCCarDetails.getCarIdFromShmCarModel : Car name supplied is null/empty
in ACCResults.ACCCarDetails.getCarIdFromShmCarModel(String carName) in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\ACCCarDetails.cs:riga 113
in ACCResults.ResultsDB.processSession(ACCResultsFile session, ACCSeason season, Boolean storeInDb, Boolean serialiseSessionToFile, Boolean serverFile, Int32 playerCarId, Boolean enrichPlayerLaps) in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\ResultsDB.cs:riga 2286
in ACCResults.ResultsDB.processSession(ACCResultsFile session, ACCSeason season, Boolean storeInDb, Boolean serialiseSessionToFile, Boolean serverFile, Int32 playerCarId) in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\ResultsDB.cs:riga 2139
in ACCResults.ACCBroadcast.ACCBroadcastInterface.storeSession(ACCSeason season, String trackId, ACC_SHM_SESSION_TYPE sessionType, Int32 isOnline, Int64 sessionTimeLeft, DateTime sessionTimeStart, DateTime sessionTimeEnd, List`1 shmLaps, Int32 playerCarId) in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\ACCBroadcast\ACCBroadcastInterface.cs:riga 499
in ACCResults.SharedMemory.ARCSharedMemoryMonitor.storeSession() in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\SharedMemory\ARCSharedMemoryMonitor.cs:riga 912
in ACCResults.SharedMemory.ARCSharedMemoryMonitor.processOldSession(ACCsPageFileGraphic accGraphic, Boolean firstTime) in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\SharedMemory\ARCSharedMemoryMonitor.cs:riga 754
in ACCResults.SharedMemory.ARCSharedMemoryMonitor.graphicMemoryUpdated(ACCsPageFileGraphic accGraphic, Boolean firstTime) in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\SharedMemory\ARCSharedMemoryMonitor.cs:riga 626
in ACCResults.SharedMemory.ARCSharedMemoryMonitor.readGraphicMemory(ACCSharedMemory`1 graphicMemory, Boolean firstTime) in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\SharedMemory\ARCSharedMemoryMonitor.cs:riga 479
in ACCResults.SharedMemory.ARCSharedMemoryMonitor..ctor() in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\SharedMemory\ARCSharedMemoryMonitor.cs:riga 285
in ACCResults.SharedMemory.ARCSharedMemoryMonitor.SharedMemoryMonitor() in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\SharedMemory\ARCSharedMemoryMonitor.cs:riga 98
in System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
in System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Attachments

• tonight sess.PNG
    tonight sess.PNG
    155.4 KB · Views: 133
  • Diagnostics_2020-04-03_002702.txt
    60.7 KB · Views: 93
Hello again!
I installed 1.5.7 . But unfortunately this is the result of my session tonight. I attach main screen of software and session .
I hope it can be helpful for me and the others!

This is the log of the software in the RED part
2020-04-02 23:50:32 WARNING ResultsDB.getRaceDetailsFromSnapshot : Could not find player car in session 3d0e5eef-66c7-412b-b1cb-8350f54a2666. Using car # 0 and track spa from shared memory
2020-04-02 23:50:32 ERROR ACCCarDetails.getCarIdFromShmCarModel : Car name supplied is null/empty
in ACCResults.ACCCarDetails.getCarIdFromShmCarModel(String carName) in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\ACCCarDetails.cs:riga 113
in ACCResults.ResultsDB.processSession(ACCResultsFile session, ACCSeason season, Boolean storeInDb, Boolean serialiseSessionToFile, Boolean serverFile, Int32 playerCarId, Boolean enrichPlayerLaps) in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\ResultsDB.cs:riga 2286
in ACCResults.ResultsDB.processSession(ACCResultsFile session, ACCSeason season, Boolean storeInDb, Boolean serialiseSessionToFile, Boolean serverFile, Int32 playerCarId) in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\ResultsDB.cs:riga 2139
in ACCResults.ACCBroadcast.ACCBroadcastInterface.storeSession(ACCSeason season, String trackId, ACC_SHM_SESSION_TYPE sessionType, Int32 isOnline, Int64 sessionTimeLeft, DateTime sessionTimeStart, DateTime sessionTimeEnd, List`1 shmLaps, Int32 playerCarId) in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\ACCBroadcast\ACCBroadcastInterface.cs:riga 499
in ACCResults.SharedMemory.ARCSharedMemoryMonitor.storeSession() in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\SharedMemory\ARCSharedMemoryMonitor.cs:riga 912
in ACCResults.SharedMemory.ARCSharedMemoryMonitor.processOldSession(ACCsPageFileGraphic accGraphic, Boolean firstTime) in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\SharedMemory\ARCSharedMemoryMonitor.cs:riga 754
in ACCResults.SharedMemory.ARCSharedMemoryMonitor.graphicMemoryUpdated(ACCsPageFileGraphic accGraphic, Boolean firstTime) in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\SharedMemory\ARCSharedMemoryMonitor.cs:riga 626
in ACCResults.SharedMemory.ARCSharedMemoryMonitor.readGraphicMemory(ACCSharedMemory`1 graphicMemory, Boolean firstTime) in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\SharedMemory\ARCSharedMemoryMonitor.cs:riga 479
in ACCResults.SharedMemory.ARCSharedMemoryMonitor..ctor() in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\SharedMemory\ARCSharedMemoryMonitor.cs:riga 285
in ACCResults.SharedMemory.ARCSharedMemoryMonitor.SharedMemoryMonitor() in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\SharedMemory\ARCSharedMemoryMonitor.cs:riga 98
in System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
in System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Hi Alessandro,
It looks as though the Broadcast/UDP connection is not being made at all to ACC. Can you check your broadcast setup (in My Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\broadcasting.json). For connectionPassword, do you use the default password ("asd") or a different one? I have a bug where the configured password is ignored and I always use the default one, and therefore the connection would not be made.

If you have a different password, can you change it back to "asd" - ie

JSON:
{
  "updListenerPort": 9000,
  "connectionPassword": "asd",
  "commandPassword": ""
}

Then restart ACC and ACC results companion. To test if it is successful, start a session in ACC. If a connection has been made you should see a message such as

INFO ACCBroadcastInterface.OnClientConnected : New client connected - Id=1, Client pool size=1

If this doesn't solve it, can you switch on debug messages and log broadcast messages and run another session and send me the diagnostics

1585934080489.png

Thanks,
Doug

Hi Alessandro,
It looks as though the Broadcast/UDP connection is not being made at all to ACC. Can you check your broadcast setup (in My Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\broadcasting.json). For connectionPassword, do you use the default password ("asd") or a different one? I have a bug where the configured password is ignored and I always use the default one, and therefore the connection would not be made.

If you have a different password, can you change it back to "asd" - ie

JSON:
{
  "updListenerPort": 9000,
  "connectionPassword": "asd",
  "commandPassword": ""
}

Then restart ACC and ACC results companion. To test if it is successful, start a session in ACC. If a connection has been made you should see a message such as

INFO ACCBroadcastInterface.OnClientConnected : New client connected - Id=1, Client pool size=1

If this doesn't solve it, can you switch on debug messages and log broadcast messages and run another session and send me the diagnostics

View attachment 359985
Thanks,
Doug

It seems to work! Thanks a lot fantastic

@jvillanuevaalberich,

To export to Excel, right click on the laps and select Export as CSV. I'll probably update this shortly to add in the newer columns

1586442590839.png

To view the final classifications, click the Final standings radio button
1586442776521.png

For races, this displays the final classification. These are the final positions as ACC report them as each car crosses the finish line. There might be some inconsistencies - you might get two cars with the same position if the first car has an unserved penalty that gets applied after the race (I don't have visibility of these). The lap times shown I think at the moment are the last lap times, although in the next release these will be the best times for each player.

For practice/qualification, Final standings will give positions in order of lap times.

Hi Doug
first of all thanks for this fantastic app for ACC,love it.

I'm still having many times with a unknown sessions ,always unknown Car, and i can't fix it with the right click and fix session,as you had explained before

any thing i can do more to try solve this?

thanks!

Hi Doug
first of all thanks for this fantastic app for ACC,love it.

I'm still having many times with a unknown sessions ,always unknown Car, and i can't fix it with the right click and fix session,as you had explained before

any thing i can do more to try solve this?

thanks!

Hi Carlos,
There's a few things I need you to do
  • Check the version you are running (it will be in the title bar of the app). If you aren't already running V1.5.9, please upgrade to that as that resolved a lot of the issues that people were having - particularly with the broadcast interface to ACC
  • Turn on debug messages and log broadcast activity (see below) and run one quick session (1 lap of hotlap is enough)
  • 1586601747166.png
  • Right click in the session list box and select Export diagnostics. This will open an explorer window pointing to a file names Diagnostics_[timestamp].zip. Rename the file type from zip to txt and attach here then I can see what is going on
  • 1586601817003.png
Doug

I'm trying to get this working but am getting no results shown in the app at all, ,can anyone help?

The game is installed on a 2nd drive but the Documents folder is in the default place.

Empty GUI and full logs attached

Attachments

• results comp main.JPG
    results comp main.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 95
  • acc tracker log.txt
    10 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1053025

Hi, Doug! Thank you for the app, it's nice and I use it to track my progress. There are however some minor issues that I noticed:
-when viewing session results, you can add/remove columns. Some don't dissapear when I uncheck in menu.
-there is no average lap time/session pace collumn. That would be very handy to evaluate ones progress when comparing sessions
-I mostly drove GT-R 2018 so far and under fuel tab I noticed an ECU maps description that's different to what devs have posted (according to acc blog, nissan has 4 linear throttle maps, none is progressive). Didn't check other cars tho.
Again thanks for sharing and updating your app and forgive me if above issues have allready been pointed out by someone.
Regards!

Hi Doug,

Thanks so much for the app, it's a great tool!

I had a question but this might be a limitation on ACC's end. I plan to broadcast races and wanted to run this on the background. I noticed that if I join a session as a spectator the App does not pick up any data. I do run my own server but I also noticed when I import files from the results folder I get weird data across.

If it's not possible to gather data when joined as spectator, would you have any recommendations on how to gather it?

Thanks in advance!

I'm trying to get this working but am getting no results shown in the app at all, ,can anyone help?

The game is installed on a 2nd drive but the Documents folder is in the default place.

Empty GUI and full logs attached

Hi,
Can you follow the steps above (in the reply to Carlos) to get diagnostics, then I should be able to see what is going on
Doug

Hi, Doug! Thank you for the app, it's nice and I use it to track my progress. There are however some minor issues that I noticed:
-when viewing session results, you can add/remove columns. Some don't dissapear when I uncheck in menu.
-there is no average lap time/session pace collumn. That would be very handy to evaluate ones progress when comparing sessions
-I mostly drove GT-R 2018 so far and under fuel tab I noticed an ECU maps description that's different to what devs have posted (according to acc blog, nissan has 4 linear throttle maps, none is progressive). Didn't check other cars tho.
Again thanks for sharing and updating your app and forgive me if above issues have allready been pointed out by someone.
Regards!

Hi TinMan,
- Which columns don't disappear ? I think the only one that is mandatory is Time
- re-average lap time - I'll add to the queue of work items
- Yep - both GTR's were wrong... looks like a cut/paste error. Fixed in the next release

Doug

Hi Doug,

Thanks so much for the app, it's a great tool!

I had a question but this might be a limitation on ACC's end. I plan to broadcast races and wanted to run this on the background. I noticed that if I join a session as a spectator the App does not pick up any data. I do run my own server but I also noticed when I import files from the results folder I get weird data across.

If it's not possible to gather data when joined as spectator, would you have any recommendations on how to gather it?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
Monitoring sessions as a spectator isn't a use case I considered - everything (or mostly everything) is from the player perspective. I'll add this to the work queue.

Re server results files - I haven't looked at this for a while in case anything has changed. Can you send me some files so I can try to reproduce
Thanks,
Doug

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes