ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks for the answer.
Diagnostics is from qualif at Mr Git Biggrid Nurburgring.
The Acc Result for the race was OK

Attachments

• Diagnostics_2020-04-19_235349.txt
    503.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Thanks for the answer.
Diagnotics is from qualif at Mr Git Biggrid Nurburgring.
The Acc Result for the race was OK

Hi,
It looks like you were replaying old backup files. For each one, can you right click on the session and select Export session Backup - each one will create a backup zip. Can you send these.

Note there were issues between versions 1.5.0 and 1.5.8 if you didn't have ACC broadcast properly set up or if your CPU was maxxed out, then lap detail will have been lost.

However, some of your sessions are salvageable. Right click on the session and select Fix Session and select your car's race number, then press ok
1587364171277.png

These are for
DateTrackRace Number
15/4/2020 15:22:16Brands Hatch23
15/4/2020 15:21Brands Hatch23
10/4/2020 22:18Hungaroring23
10/4/2020 21:23Hungaroring23
8/4/2020 22:16Nurburgring23
8/4/2020 21:24Nurburgring23
6/4/2020 22:15Misano24
6/4/2020 21:23Misano24
3/4/2020 22:14Suzuka14
3/4/2020 21:52Suzuka14

For the remaining 3 sessions (Nurburring, Bathurst and Hungaroring), there wasn't any lap detail stored (possibly because of issues prior to 1.5.9). It would be best to delete these sessions (right click and Delete session)

Doug Duthie updated ACC Results Companion with a new update entry:

ACC Results Companion V1.5.10

• Online race final standings - Times now fastest laps per player rather than last lap
  • Speed up load time - ECU modes not re-initialised each time
  • Damage, ECU mode used plus a couple of other performance metrics added (not SP Race)
  • Average lap time added to session
  • Comparative fuel/power stats added for ECU modes (currently Bentley, AMG, McLaren 720 - others to follow)
  • BUGFIX: Correct ECU modes for Nissan
  • BUGFIX: Fix Server Results load
  • BUGFIX...

Read the rest of this update entry...

ACC Results Companion V1.5.10 released
New version released with a couple of user requests, some extra fields and a handful of bug fixes.

Firstly, there is now an average laptime reported on the session. This excludes outlaps but doesn't factor in pitstops, so may be skewed on longer races. To activate, right click the header of the session list and select the average lap time. In additions, there's a couple of others such as average fuel consumption on session and last ECU mode.
1587494640749.png

In addition, a bunch of new fields have been added to laps (again, to expose the fields, right click on the header and select them)
1587495247616.png

There are
  • ECU mode used on the lap
  • Max speed
  • Peak sustained acceleration (this is an arbitrary metric I'm using to get some comparative ECU data. Basically the maximum acceleration over 5 seconds at full throttle)
  • Damage values. These are heatmap colour coded going from white (no damage), green (light damage) to red (severe damage)
I plan to update the ECU reference to give comparative figures to power & fuel consumption as I was finding it was difficult to make a judgement call whether to switch ECU modes to save fuel. Again, these fields are hidden by default.
1587495762835.png

Metrics obtained using all same conditions over 5 laps at Paul Ricard (nice long straight for acceleration & max speed tests)
  • Max Speed (Km/h)
  • Fuel per lap (I know...the column header is wrong at the moment)
  • The peak sustained acceleration (this is a bit dodgy to to my low sample rate)
  • fuel consumption relative to the default ECU mode
  • Power relative to the default mode (this again is a slightly dodgy metric being a composite of top speed and peak acceleration)
At the moment only the 2018 Bentley, AMG and McLaren 720 have been measured. I'll do the others over time. It's interesting to note some descriptions don't seem to cover what actually happen - eg McLaren's mode 7 engine cooling described as very low power and very high consumption - it's not the slowest or the highest consumption mode. So far, it seems only mode 2 on the AMG seems worthwhile fuel saving. You get a huge reduction in fuel consumption (bringing it in line with the more frugal cars) with a small penalty in performance. For mode 3 on the AMG and other modes on the 2 other cars, the small fuel saving doesn't seem worth the performance penalty. It will be interesting to see how the other cars compare.

Also, the CSV export will include the new fields

There are also some other bugfixes, the main ones being
  • Fix Server results import fixed
  • Final Standings for online race. Now correctly ordered by final position and not by the fastest laptime. Note there may be some differences with the final race order given by ACC
    • I can't get at the penalties given, so if these are applied post race, I can't adjust the order (here ACC gives the better order)
    • If players drop out before the end, player's behind are promoted up the order by ACC whereas ACC Results Companion will still include them in the order (I believe my interpretation is more "correct")
Enjoy racing
Doug

You're not alone Kevin.

@Doug : I suppose that ACC hotfix 1.3.12 broke something. using ACCRC 1.5.10.
Here is logs from a SP hotstint session were result show 'Unknown Car'
Track is correctly detected but no time.
Partial log with debug, shared mem and broadcast. Hope it helps.

You're not alone Kevin.

@Doug : I suppose that ACC hotfix 1.3.12 broke something. using ACCRC 1.5.10.
Here is logs from a SP hotstint session were result show 'Unknown Car'
Track is correctly detected but no time.
Partial log with debug, shared mem and broadcast. Hope it helps.

Yes...I've just noticed that. It looks like there were some updates to the Broadcast API. Bear with me

EDIT: It looks like a rebuild fixes it. I'll run some more tests before I release

Doug Duthie updated ACC Results Companion with a new update entry:

ACC Results Companion V1.5.11

• Support ACC 1.3.12 (changed broadcast interface)
  • Option to move data folder (currently always on C drive)
  • New installs default to My Documents
  • Button to start ACC from ACC Results Companion
  • Option to start ACC Results Companion at Windows startup
  • Add Air/Road temperature to laps
  • BUGFIX: Results Stats - some gathered stats were incorrect
  • BUGFIX: Result stats - Track stats gathered from broadcast interface were not aggregated with stats gathered before
  • BUGFIX...

Read the rest of this update entry...

ACC Results Companion 1.5.11

New update released to align with today's ACC 1.3.12 update. This is a required update or results will not be stored properly due to the change in Broadcast interface.

Other changes:

Data Folder
One thing that has been bugging me for quite some time is that I had made an incorrect assumption of how to reference "My Documents"...as a result, the data folder for ACC results was always on the C (or boot) drive (regardless of where "My Docuiments" actually was. New installs will now go to <My Documents>\ACCResults. For existing installs, if you want to move the folder, go to the settings tab and click the "Move ACC Results Companion Folder" button

1587759114325.png

It will then ask you for a new folder and then close. Files will be copied across to the new folder on startup. I decided against automatically deleting the original folder just in case something went wrong. You can delete this manually after a successful copy - ie is found at C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\ACCResults

Launch ACC
Of only marginal use, and if you're lazy like me, there's now a button to launch ACC to save you the effort of one extra mouse click to launch Steam
1587759354643.png

Optionally Launch ACC results Companion at Windows startup
If you want ACC Results Companion to always be up so you don't need to remember to start it when running ACC, the following checkbox adds it to Windows startup

1587759440377.png

Air/Road Temperature
New Air and Road temperature columns added to laps. These are hidden by default. To view them, right click the header and select the columns
1587759608457.png

Attachments

• 1587759426350.png
    1587759426350.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 72
Hey Doug!

Great work so far on the App! Now that you've added the Start with Windows option (I know we could have manually done it.. but still..).

Maybe an option to run on the System Tray vs. Taskbar so it's nicely hidden by the clock..? :)

ACC Results Companion V1.5.12 Released

I hadn't intended to put out another the release so soon after the emergency one on Friday to suuport Broadcast API changes for ACC 1.3.12, but this really completes the information from the Broadcast api. The nationality, category (based on player ratings), cup (based on the car) are now available. As usual, these are hidden fields by default - unhide if you want to see them.

1587887381946.png

Nationality has been around for a short while now but required you to edit an ACC config file as there was no UI option for it. I'd only seen one driver in online races use it so far. Anyway, there's now a dropdown in the settings pane to allow to to set it to any of the 77 countries ACC recognises (unitl ACC provides a UI). Then player's nationality (country or flag or both) will be available in ACC Results Companion (and any other broadcast client that supports it)

1587887354751.png

Enjoy racing,
Doug

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play