ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi,
Can you follow the steps above (in the reply to Carlos) to get diagnostics, then I should be able to see what is going on
Doug

Hi, I'm on 1.5.9, I deleted the ACC results files and started again.

Session 1

Got a crash log attached

Session 2

Just ran the hot lap and renamed the zip to txt to get round RD upload rules. TBH after the hotlap it looks ok, not sure what caused the crash ?

Thanks

Attachments

• ACC results crash log.txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 119
  • Diagnostics_2020-04-13_100602.txt
    79.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Deleted member 1053025

Hi TinMan,
- Which columns don't disappear ? I think the only one that is mandatory is Time
- re-average lap time - I'll add to the queue of work items
- Yep - both GTR's were wrong... looks like a cut/paste error. Fixed in the next release

Doug
Hi, Doug
It's the car collumn. Others seem to be ok.
Lap time and sectors can be hidden.
Thanks for the reply, great that ideas might get in.
Regards!

Hi, Doug
It's the car collumn. Others seem to be ok.
Lap time and sectors can be hidden.
Thanks for the reply, great that ideas might get in.
Regards!

I'm not sure I can hide that as the control I use requires that the primary column is always visible (in this case, it is the car). I'll try a few things to see if I can workaround this

Hello i upload the backup, when i train on my server with password it dont recognize the session, but anywhere its amazing app. Thanks soo much.

Hi Jose,
For the sessions that have "Unknown car", do these only happen when you are running your own server? Do online on public servers work ok for you?

I'll see if I can reproduce locally
Doug

Last edited:
Hi, I'm on 1.5.9, I deleted the ACC results files and started again.

Session 1

Got a crash log attached

Session 2

Just ran the hot lap and renamed the zip to txt to get round RD upload rules. TBH after the hotlap it looks ok, not sure what caused the crash ?

Thanks

The crash is a symptom of not finding the laps properly - I've fixed this in the next release.

It looks like you have one hotlap session that recorded OK and 2 SP races that were problematic. Can you go to folder C:\Users\Ian\Documents\ACCResults - there should be a Backup folder in there - can you zip it up and see to me
Thanks,
Doug

Last edited:
Hi,
Monitoring sessions as a spectator isn't a use case I considered - everything (or mostly everything) is from the player perspective. I'll add this to the work queue.

Re server results files - I haven't looked at this for a while in case anything has changed. Can you send me some files so I can try to reproduce
Thanks,
Doug

Thanks for the quick reply!

I was just thinking of using the software to gather data while broadcasting. That way I'd have concrete data to post to a website once the session ended.

In any case, I've attached 2 files from a server session. If these worked as well as what I'd gather while running on the background then it would eliminate that need! I get funky results with standings and lap times.

Of course, being the fact it's a server file, the "Player Car" wouldn't apply since it's a general file but an option to "Set this one as my car" would be nice but not needed. Just for the raw data really. :)

Thanks for your awesome work!

Attachments

• 200412_224112_Q.json
    86.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 200412_231540_R.json
    178.6 KB · Views: 74
Thanks for the quick reply!

I was just thinking of using the software to gather data while broadcasting. That way I'd have concrete data to post to a website once the session ended.

In any case, I've attached 2 files from a server session. If these worked as well as what I'd gather while running on the background then it would eliminate that need! I get funky results with standings and lap times.

Of course, being the fact it's a server file, the "Player Car" wouldn't apply since it's a general file but an option to "Set this one as my car" would be nice but not needed. Just for the raw data really. :)

Thanks for your awesome work!

Oh dear - I managed to break this when implementing the Broadcast interface :redface: - it will be back with the next release. The car will just show as N/A (ie no player) and it will just show the full field ofdrivers (Player Car won't really do anything for these results)

1586785237171.png

I'll have a look at Spectator results
Doug

• Deleted member 1053025

I'm not sure I can hide that as the control I use requires that the primary column is always visible (in this case, it is the car). I'll try a few things to see if I can workaround this
It's not that important, just thought to let you know. If it can be done without too much hassle, otherwise you shouldn't bother really.
Thanks!

Oh dear - I managed to break this when implementing the Broadcast interface :redface: - it will be back with the next release. The car will just show as N/A (ie no player) and it will just show the full field ofdrivers (Player Car won't really do anything for these results)

View attachment 362830

I'll have a look at Spectator results
Doug

Thanks for checking it out!

Yes, totally understandable in regards to the Player car. The issue I was having with the files were they did not match the final results.

For instance, in a race where I ran the app on the background and loaded the server file afterwards, the results were mixed and some were missing for the last lap, just some odd results.

But I appreciate you looking into it! Thanks again!

Thanks for checking it out!

Yes, totally understandable in regards to the Player car. The issue I was having with the files were they did not match the final results.

For instance, in a race where I ran the app on the background and loaded the server file afterwards, the results were mixed and some were missing for the last lap, just some odd results.

But I appreciate you looking into it! Thanks again!

It is entirely possible the race results reported don't match the final classifications for a couple of reasons
  • I get the positions from the broadcast interface which reports at the point of each player crossing the finish line. If penalties are applied post race, or if players quit before the final results, then it is possible that some players may end up with the same position. I can calculate the positions for practice/qualifying based on laptimes, but trying to calculate it for the race is more problematic
  • If you end the ACC race session before all players have crossed the line, then I don't get notified of some results (their final lap will be missed)
  • It would be good to see some examples. Can you right click on the session and select Export Diagnostics and send me the zip file - If the server race file you sent earlier one of those that disagrees with the recorded results?
Thanks,
Doug

It is entirely possible the race results reported don't match the final classifications for a couple of reasons
  • I get the positions from the broadcast interface which reports at the point of each player crossing the finish line. If penalties are applied post race, or if players quit before the final results, then it is possible that some players may end up with the same position. I can calculate the positions for practice/qualifying based on laptimes, but trying to calculate it for the race is more problematic
  • If you end the ACC race session before all players have crossed the line, then I don't get notified of some results (their final lap will be missed)
  • It would be good to see some examples. Can you right click on the session and select Export Diagnostics and send me the zip file - If the server race file you sent earlier one of those that disagrees with the recorded results?
Thanks,
Doug

Hi Doug,

I've got the ZIP file and a JPG of the actual results at the end of the race, however, I cannot attach a ZIP file here on the forum. Is there any particular way you'd like for me to send it over to you?

Thank you!

Thanks,
Doug

Doug, in any case, we've just had a race and I am uploading here both the server JSON and the App's JSON that I ran in the background. You'll see the differences. I waited until the server reset to a new session to ensure it all got recorded.

From what I can tell, it seems that the App JSON file is correctly giving the end results, in the correct order, but under "Lap Time" it's showing the race's last lap and the remaining sections are all based on that last lap ran.

The server JSON file is showing under "Lap Time" each driver's fastest lap, showing which Lap # that was ran at, but then giving the end results based on each drivers' fastest lap, and not based on the actual race finish result. Because of that, the Gap section is also completely off.

Let me know if it's some setting that I might be doing incorrectly though!

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 200413_190142_R.json
    276.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Race.McLaren 720S GT3_brands_hatch_Race_5db3d9b2-ffca-481e-984c-50db6a07d794.json
    168.4 KB · Views: 68
Doug, in any case, we've just had a race and I am uploading here both the server JSON and the App's JSON that I ran in the background. You'll see the differences. I waited until the server reset to a new session to ensure it all got recorded.

From what I can tell, it seems that the App JSON file is correctly giving the end results, in the correct order, but under "Lap Time" it's showing the race's last lap and the remaining sections are all based on that last lap ran.

The server JSON file is showing under "Lap Time" each driver's fastest lap, showing which Lap # that was ran at, but then giving the end results based on each drivers' fastest lap, and not based on the actual race finish result. Because of that, the Gap section is also completely off.

Let me know if it's some setting that I might be doing incorrectly though!

Thanks in advance!

Hi Rafael,
I guess you are talking about the Final Standings button. Yes the lap times were based on the last lap just because I hadn't gotten around to sorting out the best laps. This is done in the next release.

The Gap column isn't quite what it pretends to be unfortunately. Rather than being the time difference of when a player crossed the line to when the leader did, it is actually a sum of the following
  • At crossing the line, an approximation** of how long it would take to get to where the player ahead is currently at. Therefore, it is the time forward and not the time back.
This can work out to be roughly the real gap but there are plenty of problems with it - if a leading car stops or slows abruptly after the line, then the gap will be completely skewed. Unfortunately, this is all the information I have to go on. I looked at calculating the gap, rather than taking ACC provided figures but I don't have enough reference points to do this

** The approximation is that only the distance ahead is reported and the gap is calculating using that distance and the current speed

It would be good to see how the data looks in the database as I don't have comparisons of live race results and server files. Can you Right click on the session and select Export Diagnostics and attach the diagnostics zip that pops up in the explorer window 9you might need to chage the file type to "txt" to attach here
Thanks,
Doug

Hi Doug,

I've got the ZIP file and a JPG of the actual results at the end of the race, however, I cannot attach a ZIP file here on the forum. Is there any particular way you'd like for me to send it over to you?

Thank you!
Sorry - missed this. Rename the zip to Diagnostics.txt, then you can attach here

Hi Rafael,
I guess you are talking about the Final Standings button. Yes the lap times were based on the last lap just because I hadn't gotten around to sorting out the best laps. This is done in the next release.

The Gap column isn't quite what it pretends to be unfortunately. Rather than being the time difference of when a player crossed the line to when the leader did, it is actually a sum of the following
  • At crossing the line, an approximation** of how long it would take to get to where the player ahead is currently at. Therefore, it is the time forward and not the time back.
This can work out to be roughly the real gap but there are plenty of problems with it - if a leading car stops or slows abruptly after the line, then the gap will be completely skewed. Unfortunately, this is all the information I have to go on. I looked at calculating the gap, rather than taking ACC provided figures but I don't have enough reference points to do this

** The approximation is that only the distance ahead is reported and the gap is calculating using that distance and the current speed

It would be good to see how the data looks in the database as I don't have comparisons of live race results and server files. Can you Right click on the session and select Export Diagnostics and attach the diagnostics zip that pops up in the explorer window 9you might need to chage the file type to "txt" to attach here
Thanks,
Doug

Hi Doug,

I did attach 2 JSON files from the same session (one from the local app and one from the server) above. But in any case, I'm attaching the diagnostic zip files in here as well, for the same session, one local and one server.

Let me know if you need anything else that I can help with!

Thanks again!

Attachments

• LocalDiag.txt
    201.9 KB · Views: 71
  • ServerDiag.txt
    201.9 KB · Views: 70
Hi Doug,

I did attach 2 JSON files from the same session (one from the local app and one from the server) above. But in any case, I'm attaching the diagnostic zip files in here as well, for the same session, one local and one server.

Let me know if you need anything else that I can help with!

Thanks again!

Ah - I see the leaderboard for the server file is wrong. I think I know why - I only do the race ordering if explicitly MP race. I guess this has fallen back to qualifying sorting. Shouldn't take too long to fix

EDIT - yes that's it. The final standings will be fixed in the next release for server results.

However, I don't think I'm going to be able to fix the gaps. For SP races, I use the total time raced, which works as all cars start (which probably really means join the session) at the same time. For MP races, I can't use this as players may join at different times (eg one player may have a 4 minute first lap and the next 6 minutes even if they are only separated by a second), so I use the gap announced on the Broadcast/UDP interface. For server results I don't have the gap, just the total time (as for SP races) but here again not everyone starts/joins at the same time so doesn't make sense. It would be nicer if ACC started the first lap/session timer when the first car crossed the start line or had some other consistency to it.

Finally, I notice that the broadcast interface flagged laps 3, 10, 16 and 20 for you as invalid but the server results has these as valid. A caveat here - I'm assuming that the broadcast "IsValid" and the server "IsValidForBest" mean the same thing - maybe they have slightly different meanings. I believe (but I could be wrong here) broadcast isValid sticks to the qualifying definition of track limits but in a race you can exceed these to some extent and not be penalised. Anyway, at the moment, this is the only information I have to go on.

Last edited:
Ah - I see the leaderboard for the server file is wrong. I think I know why - I only do the race ordering if explicitly MP race. I guess this has fallen back to qualifying sorting. Shouldn't take too long to fix

EDIT - yes that's it. The final standings will be fixed in the next release for server results.

However, I don't think I'm going to be able to fix the gaps. For SP races, I use the total time raced, which works as all cars start (which probably really means join the session) at the same time. For MP races, I can't use this as players may join at different times (eg one player may have a 4 minute first lap and the next 6 minutes even if they are only separated by a second), so I use the gap announced on the Broadcast/UDP interface. For server results I don't have the gap, just the total time (as for SP races) but here again not everyone starts/joins at the same time so doesn't make sense. It would be nicer if ACC started the first lap/session timer when the first car crossed the start line or had some other consistency to it.

Finally, I notice that the broadcast interface flagged laps 3, 10, 16 and 20 for you as invalid but the server results has these as valid. A caveat here - I'm assuming that the broadcast "IsValid" and the server "IsValidForBest" mean the same thing - maybe they have slightly different meanings. I believe (but I could be wrong here) broadcast isValid sticks to the qualifying definition of track limits but in a race you can exceed these to some extent and not be penalised. Anyway, at the moment, this is the only information I have to go on.

Thanks a lot for the info!

It makes sense, during a race you are able to go a bit wider or even cut on a few places that would invalidate your lap. I guess it's more lenient since it's for the long haul vs. a one shot lap.

And not a worry about the Gap. I understand how the game sees it, it was just something I noticed that was off due to how the game records the laps, distances from each other and all.

Thanks so much for the work you do!

Thanks for your works.
I drive only 2019 tracks but in ACC results i see my time in 2018 tracks.
I have some unknown Car and when i want to fix session i can't.

Log:
2020-04-17 13:47:24 WARNING ResultsDB.retrieveLaps : Could not find lap detail in database for session=4D6903A75795A757282FFCE8AC1430D6-20200410221802-10-0, race number=0
2020-04-17 13:47:24 ERROR ACCResults.olvSessions_SelectionChanged : Exception changing session selection La séquence ne contient aucun élément.
à System.Linq.Enumerable.Max(IEnumerable`1 source)
à System.Linq.Enumerable.Max[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 selector)
à ACCResults.ACCResultsMainForm.getMaxLaps(List`1 lapDetails) dans E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\ACCResultsMainForm.cs:ligne 2321
à ACCResults.ACCResultsMainForm.olvSessions_SelectionChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) dans E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\ACCResultsMainForm.cs:ligne 2146
Caused by :
à ACCResults.ACCResultsMainForm.olvSessions_SelectionChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) dans E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\ACCResultsMainForm.cs:ligne 2152
à BrightIdeasSoftware.ObjectListView.OnSelectionChanged(EventArgs e)
à BrightIdeasSoftware.ObjectListView.HandleApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
à System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
à System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
à System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
à System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
à ACCResults.Program.Main() dans E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\Program.cs:ligne 19

Thanks for your works.
I drive only 2019 tracks but in ACC results i see my time in 2018 tracks.
I have some unknown Car and when i want to fix session i can't.

Log:
2020-04-17 13:47:24 WARNING ResultsDB.retrieveLaps : Could not find lap detail in database for session=4D6903A75795A757282FFCE8AC1430D6-20200410221802-10-0, race number=0
2020-04-17 13:47:24 ERROR ACCResults.olvSessions_SelectionChanged : Exception changing session selection La séquence ne contient aucun élément.
à System.Linq.Enumerable.Max(IEnumerable`1 source)
à System.Linq.Enumerable.Max[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 selector)
à ACCResults.ACCResultsMainForm.getMaxLaps(List`1 lapDetails) dans E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\ACCResultsMainForm.cs:ligne 2321
à ACCResults.ACCResultsMainForm.olvSessions_SelectionChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) dans E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\ACCResultsMainForm.cs:ligne 2146
Caused by :
à ACCResults.ACCResultsMainForm.olvSessions_SelectionChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) dans E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\ACCResultsMainForm.cs:ligne 2152
à BrightIdeasSoftware.ObjectListView.OnSelectionChanged(EventArgs e)
à BrightIdeasSoftware.ObjectListView.HandleApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
à System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
à System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
à System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
à System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
à ACCResults.Program.Main() dans E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\Program.cs:ligne 19

Hi Nada,
Unfortunately, ACC doesn't report whether the track is 2018 or 2019. Some users requested the ability to manually assign the track - eg correct the session from Silverstone (2018) to Silverstone (2019). You can do this by right clicking on the session in question and selecting Fix Session, then picking the correct version of the track. If Kunos ever differentiate between the tracks, then hopefully I can make it automatic.

For the unknown car issue, that probably indicates that information wasn't picked up on the broadcast interface to ACC. Can you do the following:-

• Right click on the session and select Export Diagnostics
  • 1587136099367.png
  • An explorer window will open pointing to a new Diagnostics[timestamp].zip file. Rename the file type to txt and then you should be able to post it on the forum
Doug

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea