ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
I might have cocked up and uploaded the wrong zip. A new release will be out at the weekend (I’m away at the moment and can’t fix it). If you can’t wait, install the above and you’ll get the option to download the latest (via the install latest button on the first page)
Thanks for the feedback, keep up the great work!

Oh thank you! I had never seen the option before. :roflmao:

I have one more question. Would it be possible to add a filter in the leaderboard tab, to filter the results by game version? It would be very useful considering the performance change at every game update. :) :)
Rather annoyingly, probably not directly. ACC doesn't update it's version number in shared memory to reflect the client version (well, it's changed once to my knowledge and the version reported doesn't correspond to the real version number). I haven't found anywhere else it reports the version.

Probably also annoyingly, I don't publish when an individual record on the leaderboard was made, only when that user improved one of his records. I might change that in future to give a better idea of which version records were made on

Rather annoyingly, probably not directly. ACC doesn't update it's version number in shared memory to reflect the client version (well, it's changed once to my knowledge and the version reported doesn't correspond to the real version number). I haven't found anywhere else it reports the version.

Probably also annoyingly, I don't publish when an individual record on the leaderboard was made, only when that user improved one of his records. I might change that in future to give a better idea of which version records were made on
Maybe you can use the release date of the patch to establish the version number. :)

Anyway in this pdf shared by Kunos developers, at page 7, there is a variable that should contain the version number of acc.

Maybe you can use the release date of the patch to establish the version number. :)

Anyway in this pdf shared by Kunos developers, at page 7, there is a variable that should contain the version number of acc.

In theory that's great, but this is what ACC reports as the version

1648287061056.png

I'll add something to timestamp the records so at least you can filter on the dates they were made.

However, I suspect this isn't what you really want. Records will only be saved as the fastest. If a user made his record on ACC 1.7.1 or whatever, you won't be able to see his fastest on 1.8.0 or 1.8.12 etc if they are slower. The data model is just built around one fastest time for performance. If I attempted to save a fastest lap per ACC version that would kill both ARC UI and network performance.

Doug Duthie updated ACC Results Companion with a new update entry:

ACC Results Companion V1.15.0

• Selecting List view columns
    • List of available columns (right click on header) now ordered by chosen columns, then hidden columns in alphabetically order
    • When hidden column is added, is it now added as the last column
  • Start of rework of retrieving results (aim to remove UI freezes while DB updates occur)
    • Some results now asynchronously retrieved
  • Rework of UDP session handling - aim to ensure broadcast sessions don't become "stuck"...

Read the rest of this update entry...

ACC Results Companion V 1.5.0 Released​

Big update here, so put the kettle on and settle down to read with a nice cup of tea, and a Jammy Dodger if you're feeling adventurous.

Overview​

This release has a few new things but is mainly about addressing annoyances – things that have irritated me for a long time, but I’ve never got around to fixing before.

Support for Challengers Pack DLC​

The following cars are now supported

• Lamborghini Huracan ST Evo II
  • Audi R8 LMS Evo II
  • BMW M2 CS Racing
  • Ferrari 488 Challenge
  • Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 992
Class flashes on the race numbers have been updated to reflect ACC colours.

The ECU modes for the Audi have just been populated with figures from the previous EVO. I’ll get some proper figures when I have time.

I haven’t updated class records for the above classes. It’s sometimes difficult to find data and the classes don’t necessarily run on the ACC tracks, and if they do, they might run on a different layout.

Asynchronous Database Reads​

A quick bit of background first. ARC uses SQLite as its database. The biggest restriction of this database is that writes obtain an exclusive lock on the database meaning that reads must wait until they complete. Previously, most reads were on the main (UI) thread. This meant that while busy write operations were in progress (initialisation, leaderboard updates and session completion) the UI would freeze for a few seconds.

Now, I’ve started to move the reads to be asynchronous. When a screen request is made, the UI will still be usable while waiting for the results to come back. While the screen is updating, you should now see a message to indicate that it is waiting for data

6oA0C3g.png

At the moment, only the most common areas for UI freezes have been addressed. I’ll gradually most the rest across.

In addition, it was found that some areas (eg session completion) caused the data to be refreshed multiple times, affecting performance. These should now have been addressed.

Finally, some of the initialisation tasks have now been made asynchronous to speed up the loading splash screen. As a result, the UI should be usable quicker, although may take a few more seconds for data to be available. There are a couple more initialisation tasks I want to move at a later date to further speed up start up.

UDP Rework​

The Broadcast/UDP interface has always been problematic. After a time of running, it could go into a strange state stopping sessions being recorded and requiring both ACC and ARC to be restarted.

I’ve rationalised how the UDP connections are managed, how they are cleaned up and when new connections are required. This should make ARC more reliable when running for a long time.

Spectator Sessions​

This is one feature that has been in the pipeline for a very long time and frankly has been a pain to implement. ARC normally uses shared memory to decide what to do, but for spectator sessions, ACC doesn’t update shared memory at all. To make it work, ARC will have a mode dedicated to just spectator sessions.

Spectator Mode should only be used if you want to connect to an ACC session as a spectator (you will need to know the spectator password of the server).

When in spectator mode, ARC will poll for active sessions, then start recording them. If the session type changes during a session (eg Practice -> Qualifying or Qualifying -> Race), this will be detected and the previous session will be written out. Note, if the server closes the session at the end of the race, the race will only be written out when you exit the server (as there is no other way of detecting the session is over)

Switch to spectator mode by selecting Spectator Mode from the drop down in the status bar at the bottom. Sessions will be flagged as Spectator in the online column and the car will be displayed as N/A as there is no player car.

deHWrVG.png

Important Note: Switch back to Race Mode when you want to record your own races again, or they will not record correctly.

Selecting List View Columns​

Selecting list view columns was previously a mess. The column names were unordered and for tables with a large number of columns it was hard to find the columns you wanted.

To recap, columns can be chosen by right clicking on the list view header.

eYF29wo.png

Now columns will appear in the following order

• Displayed columns are displayed first, in the order they are displayed
  • Hidden columns are then displayed in alphabetical order

Single Player – virtual driver name​

For single player sessions, by default your ACC player name, nationality and driver category are displayed. If you want to see the virtual driver name, right click and select Display Original Driver Name.

Xg2X9zS.png

Now the virtual driver name, category and nationality will be displayed.

5rfx6w6.png

Driver Incident Points​

This one is mainly because I’ve started to get into Low Fuel Motorsport and I think it is helpful to see how your currently race may affect your safety rating.

If you display the damage widget (see Overlays on the settings page), there will be an extra row added for incident points. This attempts to give an indication of the LFM incident points you will accumulate.

Q3JtGmz.png

• Accident - 4 points (a cooldown of 10 seconds is used so only one accident in that period is counted in the case of multiple collisions)
  • Off track - 1 point. Only 1 off track is counted per lap
Note, this is only an indication and may not completely reflect the number of incident points you do accumulate. Off track and accident notifications are sent by ACC UDP events and occasionally, they may be missed.

Other items​

• Fixed format laps CSV export fixed
  • To be consistent with other screens, the laps CSV export now supports variable column exports both as formatted and raw data
  • Car brands added as optional column to laps
  • Fix scenario where hotstint would generate a new session with just the last lap of the previous session
  • ARC Leaderboards – Timestamp added to ARC leaderboard records so you can filter on when the records where made (and by implication which release they were on)

Known issues​

The session summary screen may be a bit reluctant to display now (especially in SP races). Basically, the notification fires too early and may be received before the session information is written to the DB. This will be addressed in a future release.

Also, there appears to be an issue with re-ordering the selection of list columns for some users on some lists (eg laps). In the worse case, this will just be as bad as it was before, but I’ll see if I can find the cause.

If you restart a session (single player) after a lap is complete, ARC may fail to properly reset the UDP session. I need to work out the conditions for safely resetting the session without breaking everything else

Finally​

Thanks again to all who have offered donations to help this little project. It is very much appreciated

Last edited:
Great update, thank you!
But... :roflmao: I've noticed a problem in the leaderboard tab. I can't find the column for the timestamp and if I filter the results by any date (even selecting 01/01/2000) only a few results are shown and without any data about tires, track status and so on. Whichever date I select, the leaderboard always shows the same results.

Great update, thank you!
But... :roflmao: I've noticed a problem in the leaderboard tab. I can't find the column for the timestamp and if I filter the results by any date (even selecting 01/01/2000) only a few results are shown and without any data about tires, track status and so on. Whichever date I select, the leaderboard always shows the same results.
The column isn't displayed (yet) - I just wanted to prepare the data. You'll only start seeing results once people have updated to 1.5.0 and posted leaderboard updates (pre-1.5.0 the timestamp column will be blank)

Issue with 1.5.0

Note, I've found an issue with 1.5.0. If you enter a non-existent server results folder, it looks like the event handler on this has been corrupted and clears out the value for the ACC Data Folder. If you don't use server results, it is best to clear out this field. If you use server results and local sessions, make sure the server results folder exists

Last edited:
Hello, I'm loving this mod, but since the new release I have an issue with the UPD connection. I get this error. The result is that the app doesn't works at the moment. I have the file configuered in de documents folder of ACC. I hope you have a solution for this problem, to make this mod amazing again :D
1648757967846.png

I am using Window 11 at the moment.

@Stefanoes, @Grubeart
Some things to check:

• Check the ACC Data Folder textbox in settings. This should point to the root folder where ACC puts all its data files. It will look something like <Documents>\Assetto Corsa Competizione\ (eg C:\Users\dougd\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\)
  • If that is correct, but it is being cleared when ARC starts AND you have something in the ACC Servers Results Folder, there is a known bug. If the server results folder doesn't exist, the value for ACC Data Folder is cleared in error (I'll ship a fix at the weekend). Clear the ACC Server Results Folder field and restart and re-enter the ACC Data Folder if necessary
  • If it is not that, I know ARC has issues if the ACC folder is on OneDrive and the onedrive setting is not "files always available" (I can't remember the exact terminology).

If you still can't get it working, export the diagnostics (instructions here) and I'll see what is happening

Doug Duthie updated ACC Results Companion with a new update entry:

ACC Results Companion V1.15.1

• Leaderboards/Circuits: Add timestamp and ACC version to each row, where known
  • BUGFIX: Column ordering not working on list column selection if key column flagged as hidden
  • BUGFIX: Player nationality/category incorrect in leaderboard if "Display Original Driver Names" selected
  • BUGFIX: If server results folder invalid, ARC cannot find ACC Data Folder

Read the rest of this update entry...

ACC Results Companion 1.15.1 Released

Quick update: Mainly a few bug fixes. The only new feature is adding timestamp and ACC version to leaderboards and circuit records where these can be deduced.

5q8iXrF.png

The version of the record is deduced from the date of the record and the release date of ACC patches. Note that this is approximate as I don't know exact times that patches were released, and I don't take account of time zones.

If release column is blank, it just means the user hasn't yet upgraded to ARC 1.5.0 or greater to supply the session date.

Hey Doug,

again, thanks for your great work!

I#ve got a feedback to this point "BUGFIX: Last lap of previous hotstint creates new session". (I hope thats the reason)

So i was using 15 Min Hotstints for creating setups. For me it was great to see some differences in setups. (e.g. max speed with different wings).

Unfortunately with this bugfix my use case doesn't work anymore... I only have the first hotstint session in Results Companion. The other ones are missing then when restarting the hotstint.

greets and keep up the good work!

Edit: Are you still working on widgets?

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 179 87.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 34 16.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 28 13.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 29 14.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 58 28.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 72 35.1%