ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
While reading this, I had a look at the l/min display (on the righthand side of the fuel calc page) and there seems to be something wrong.
Laguna Seca: Fuel / lap: 2.22 liter, Fuel / min: 1.13 liter. Laptime: 1:22 min -> 1.13 liter/min * 1:22mn /lap = 1.54 liter/lap, nearly a third less than the actual value.
Zolder: Fuel / lap 2.5 liter, Fuel / min: 1.28 liter, Laptime: 1:30 -> 1.28 * 1:30 = 1.88 liter/lap. Same story.

It looks like liter/min calculation is not taking the actual lap time of each track into account, but something like 1:55 to 2:00 for all tracks. l/min is always just a bit more than half the value of l/lap.
In reality, the value should be quite similar for most of the tracks and be around 1.7, equaling 100 to 110 l for a one hour race.

edit: Does the fuel calculation take track state and engine map into account? I'm currently practicing on a rainy Silverstone with the wet setup and wet engine map, so probably less fuel usage than on a dry day. Would be annoying if the calculation would be wrong again for the next dry race.

It does look a bit off - I'll have to have a look at the calculation...the query to get the average laps might be wrong

The fuel usage calculation is only based on your history. Originally, I had thoughts about having different figures for wet/dry and per ECU mode, but it becomes a lot more complex and multiplies the amount of data that needs to be stored/analysed. If you did a lot of laps in wet in fuel save mode, then that will start to skew the numbers - however, if the majority of your laps are in your "normal" weather and ECU mode, you probably won't notice the difference. So to cut a long story short, it's not perfect, but I'm probably not planning to change the way it is done

It does look a bit off - I'll have to have a look at the calculation...the query to get the average laps might be wrong

The fuel usage calculation is only based on your history. Originally, I had thoughts about having different figures for wet/dry and per ECU mode, but it becomes a lot more complex and multiplies the amount of data that needs to be stored/analysed. If you did a lot of laps in wet in fuel save mode, then that will start to skew the numbers - however, if the majority of your laps are in your "normal" weather and ECU mode, you probably won't notice the difference. So to cut a long story short, it's not perfect, but I'm probably not planning to change the way it is done
@omg.imba I found a few issues here
  • I'd excluded qualifying laps from the average lap calculation (no idea why!)
  • The caching wasn't quite correct - if it couldn't find the average lap time for the desired car/track it would sometimes get the time from another cached result
I've re-worked the caching and I'm just shaking it down to get rid of any issues and ensure the performance hasn't been affected

ACC Results Companion V1.11.5 Released (here)

Headlines:-

Fuel Calculation reworked
It was brought to my attention that sometimes the fuel calculation was sometimes slightly off.

To reduce impact on performance, the fuel usage is calculation based on history and then cached, to give the average fuel per lap. Then, using the average lap time (again cached from history), the fuel per minute is calculated. This is then used to calculate the fuel required for the session duration.

1618130295203.png

However, there were a couple of issues with the caching of the average times
  • Qualifying laps were excluded
  • Sometimes a match wasn't found in the cache and another (random) average time was returned
  • Also, the fuel consumption used for the Fuel/min wasn't the average, but the last one returned in the query. Mostly, this isn't a problem, but if the last one was a very old result for a car that has its fuel consumption dramatically changed over time (I'm looking at you Honda), this could give a wildly inaccurate figure
  • The Based on laps/sessions figures wouldn't always be correct
In short - a bit of a mess. This should have been fixed now. I've been through a number of figures and I believe the numbers are now as expected.

Also, this is a good place to document how fuel figures are collected
  • For a session to contribute to fuel figures, at least 2 laps must have been run
  • For average laps times (to contribute to Fuel/minute), this only uses valid laps that aren't In/Out laps. Note, this will discount very old times as the lap type didn't used to be available
  • If fuel usage isn't available for the current track, it will check if fuel usage figures are available for a different year of the track
  • If average lap times aren't available for the current track, it will check if average lap times figures are available for a different year of the track. If none are still found, it will check the average times for the car class
Damage
The damage fields have been changed. It was pointed out that the Damage fields were only body damage and the Damage Centre was just a sum of Damage Front/Rear/Left/Right. Also, the suspension damage fields, which were documented in ACC as not being used, do actually produce numbers. So:
  • Damage Centre has now been removed
  • It is replaced with Repair time which is the total time to complete repairs (body and suspension).
  • Suspension damage FL/FR/RL/RR is the damage incurred to the suspension. The numbers are in the range 0-1 (0 being factory fresh, 1 being completely broken)
  • Note, you may have to right click on the lap header to expose these new fields
1618131436533.png

Last edited:
Hi Doug, I ran into a couple of things that I'm not sure if it's me doing something wrong or if there is a genuine issue.

1. The session details constantly resort by lap time. You can see that I selected "Lap" order as how I want the details sorted, but the moment I click on another session and then come back, it defaults to lap time order even though you can see I still have Lap selected. I tried right-clicking on the tab and resetting things but it still happens for every selected session.

Time.PNG

2. Oulton Park Cup Car times are a bit strange. You can see that they are somehow far far FAR faster than GT3 when it comes to race and qualy records. Is this possible?

OP1.PNG
OP2.PNG

Hi Doug, I ran into a couple of things that I'm not sure if it's me doing something wrong or if there is a genuine issue.

1. The session details constantly resort by lap time. You can see that I selected "Lap" order as how I want the details sorted, but the moment I click on another session and then come back, it defaults to lap time order even though you can see I still have Lap selected. I tried right-clicking on the tab and resetting things but it still happens for every selected session.

View attachment 463991

2. Oulton Park Cup Car times are a bit strange. You can see that they are somehow far far FAR faster than GT3 when it comes to race and qualy records. Is this possible?

View attachment 463999 View attachment 464000

Hi Jacky,
1. I'm not sure why this is happening - I'll have to do some testing on this. Annoyingly, the control I use for list boxes isn't always telling the truth on the sort indicator - it is more of a "last column clicked" rather than "sort order employed"
2. You just need to find an extra 20 seconds - you're clearly not trying hard enough ;) .Seriously though, I'm guessing the Cup race at Oulton doesn't use the Island layout (where I got the figures from). If anyone can point me in the direction of Porsche Cup records for the full circuit, I'll add these, otherwise, I'll probably have to delete the times

EDIT: It looks like I have this the wrong way around...GT3 uses the International circuit, and Porsche cup uses the Island circuit

Last edited:
I installed the latest update last night (April 11, 2021). Today, I cannot use ACC Results Companion. As soon as I start the app, it automatically opens up the Help window - repeatedly until I shut down the app. Then, with the app completely closed, Windows keeps opening a “Microsoft Edge help & learning” webpage repeatedly.

I have had no problems with this Windows machine. These issues arose when I opened the current version of ACC Results Companion. Please fix.

Screenshot 2021-04-12 073446.png

Last edited:
I installed the latest update last night (April 11, 2021). Today, I cannot use ACC Results Companion. As soon as I start the app, it automatically opens up the Help window - repeatedly until I shut down the app. Then, with the app completely closed, Windows keeps opening a “Microsoft Edge help & learning” webpage repeatedly.

I have had no problems with this Windows machine. These issues arose when I opened the current version of ACC Results Companion. Please fix.

View attachment 464384

The help window only opens when you press F1 - are you sure you haven't got a sticking key?

Turkish language/locale

Quick question - Is there anyone out there who is using ACC Results Companion with Turkish as the default locale/language on their PC. I want to check if races on Imola are being recorded correctly

Thanks
Doug

Last edited:

Also after downloading the ARC leaderboards I can no longer see my own time if I click "Ignore ARC Leaderboard" in the leaderboard tab. Clicking this allows me to see the times of the people I have actually raced against, and it would be nice to still see my own time there too.

I have a very similar issue for a few days now. I can't see my own time and the times of a few other drivers in the leaderboard anymore when I click on "Ignore ARC Leaderboard" (probably people who also uploaded their times?)

When I uncheck the box, I can find my own time and the times of those people who were with me in the session, if I search for the name in the search field.

Is there any way I can revert this behavior back to how it was?

I have a very similar issue for a few days now. I can't see my own time and the times of a few other drivers in the leaderboard anymore when I click on "Ignore ARC Leaderboard" (probably people who also uploaded their times?)

When I uncheck the box, I can find my own time and the times of those people who were with me in the session, if I search for the name in the search field.

Is there any way I can revert this behavior back to how it was?
I can't reproduce this at the moment. Can you upload your diagnostics (instructions here) and I'll see if I can reproduce with your data. Also, can you give a step by step account of what you do (screenshots would help)

Thanks

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea