ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
That's exactly right - the ACC Data Folder is pointing to the wrong location (which is why ARC can't find the file)

thanks @unpierrot

Okay thanks a lot for your answers @Doug Duthie and @unpierrot !

I have created a new broadcasting file, the error message at the beginning disappeared and I changed the destination file in the ACC Data folder!

But my sessions still don't appear and I can't see the best laps in the learderboard section :(
I have to change something ?

Thanks for your support

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1,020.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    903 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
It seems to me you are fixing things that have nothing to do with your app ... let's hope for a fee not too high in the end ...
1) I confirm that I have run ksBroadcastingTestClient.exe
2) I ran netstat -anob -p UDP as administrator and I confirm the presence of the opening port 9000
3) screenshot of task manager
4) Question ... is it possible that this problem is attributable to my provider?

OK - If Kunos' test client isn't getting, and the port does appear open, it looks like either an issue on your PC or with ACC (although the latter might be because of the former). I would say it is extremely unlikely this is because of your provider - the connection is attempted via the loopback adapter so the request shouldn't go via the router.

I would guess that either something is stopping UDP connections being made or something is stopping ACC accepting them. I believe you've already ruled out the firewall and you stopped it. I'd be a bit concerned about just have 6GB of RAM. It might not be an issue but I just like having enough memory so no swapping occurs.

I'd suggest you request ACC support over at https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?forums/acc-troubleshooting.72/ or possibly https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...asting-users-thread.53828/page-4#post-1188170 which is specifically about the broadcasting interface, and the test client. If they can help you get the test client working, then ARC should work

Sorry I can't be of more help

Okay thanks a lot for your answers @Doug Duthie and @unpierrot !

I have created a new broadcasting file, the error message at the beginning disappeared and I changed the destination file in the ACC Data folder!

But my sessions still don't appear and I can't see the best laps in the learderboard section :(
I have to change something ?

Thanks for your support
Can you upload the diagnostics and I'll have a look - the instructions are here

I just checked again and I noticed one thing:
When I create the braodcast file, save it in the correct folder, closing the prgramm and I open the program without launching ACC, no error message appears.
But if I close the program, launch a game in acc and after the session I come back to the program, the error message comes back

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
Ok thanks a lot, i have done it.
Here you have my ID : 9T2a8Vj5TBAmpJw1gT5N5lgdHl10jlG6JKPCUeB3hf4
I can't see that you've run any sessions since you fixed the ACC folder. Note ARC can only record sessions while it is active - it can't pick up old sessions before it was installed or when it wasn't running.

The leaderboard download happens in bulk, for performance reasons. It you close ARC before it completes then nothing is stored. The very first time, this can take a very long time (20+ minutes) due to the number of leaderboard entries now. You can see the progress if you mouse over the progress bar in the leaderboard page
1615647333471.png

If you don't want to wait until all are downloaded, right click the progress bar and click Pause Leaderboard Download and everything downloaded so far will be saved. The next time it will just download the records not yet read

OK - If Kunos' test client isn't getting, and the port does appear open, it looks like either an issue on your PC or with ACC (although the latter might be because of the former). I would say it is extremely unlikely this is because of your provider - the connection is attempted via the loopback adapter so the request shouldn't go via the router.

I would guess that either something is stopping UDP connections being made or something is stopping ACC accepting them. I believe you've already ruled out the firewall and you stopped it. I'd be a bit concerned about just have 6GB of RAM. It might not be an issue but I just like having enough memory so no swapping occurs.

I'd suggest you request ACC support over at https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?forums/acc-troubleshooting.72/ or possibly https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...asting-users-thread.53828/page-4#post-1188170 which is specifically about the broadcasting interface, and the test client. If they can help you get the test client working, then ARC should work

Sorry I can't be of more help
Ok, no problem ... I will also try to hear Kunos support ... I'm sorry I made you waste all this time, I hope to be able to solve because your app looks really very nice

I can't see that you've run any sessions since you fixed the ACC folder. Note ARC can only record sessions while it is active - it can't pick up old sessions before it was installed or when it wasn't running.

The leaderboard download happens in bulk, for performance reasons. It you close ARC before it completes then nothing is stored. The very first time, this can take a very long time (20+ minutes) due to the number of leaderboard entries now. You can see the progress if you mouse over the progress bar in the leaderboard page
View attachment 454364

If you don't want to wait until all are downloaded, right click the progress bar and click Pause Leaderboard Download and everything downloaded so far will be saved. The next time it will just download the records not yet read
Okay thanks a lot for your answer, now i can see the leaderboard in my program, perfect!
For the current session and to see me registered on the leaderboard etc, it is necessary to wait a certain time or it is in direct in the program ? ,

Okay thanks a lot for your answer, now i can see the leaderboard in my program, perfect!
For the current session and to see me registered on the leaderboard etc, it is necessary to wait a certain time or it is in direct in the program ? ,
When you end a session (either by completing it or exiting it early), ARC should store the results as long as at least one lap has been completed. Your fastest lap will be immediately available on your leaderboard, and uploaded for others to see.

If you are still getting no sessions recorded, can you run another session when ARC is running. After the end of the session, upload the diagnostics again and I'll check what is happening

Ok I just finished a 3 laps session in Hotlap ( by activating the telemetry option in ACC ) and nothing changes, in ARC my name and my session do not appear :(
I have uploaded the diagnotics again.
Thanks for your help

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    151.5 KB · Views: 47
I've seen something : When I create a new " broadcast.json" file and save it in the config folder, ARC works fine and does not give an error message. But the next time I start the game as soon as ACC is launched, ARC gives me the following error message again, I don't understand.

I just tried to restart ARC and I still get this error message, despite this message I can see the leaderboard but my sessions and my name do not appear

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
I've seen something : When I create a new " broadcast.json" file and save it in the config folder, ARC works fine and does not give an error message. But the next time I start the game as soon as ACC is launched, ARC gives me the following error message again, I don't understand.

I just tried to restart ARC and I still get this error message, despite this message I can see the leaderboard but my sessions and my name do not appear
It looks like it is finding the broadcasting.json file, but isn't managing to read it's contents.

When you started ARC at 14:31, it reads broadcasting.json ok, but you didn't run any sessions. At 15:42, it isn't reading the file or it isn't set up correctly. At 16:25, you did run a session, but it couldn't read broadcasting.json.

Can you attach broadcasting.json here so I can see the contents

Yes exactly, the file is present but is not read correctly. Here it is:
The file contents you have are
Code:
{
"updListenerPort": 0,
"connectionPassword": "",
"commandPassword": ""
}
but they should be
Code:
{
    "updListenerPort": 9000,
    "connectionPassword": "asd",
    "commandPassword": ""
}

Edit the file, put the above contents in there and restart ACC and ARC after you have saved the file

The problem is still there :(
I have modified the file "broadasting.json" with the data you sent me, I have saved it in the folder "config".
After, I have started ACC and then run ARC and the error message comes back!
On the other hand if I start ARC without starting ACC the error message is not there.
What happens is that : After launching ACC the json file is automatically modified by the game and is not the same, that's why when I sent you the json file yesterday, the content was not the right one, although yesterday I entered the right data inside.
Here you have the file i get with the error message ( after running ACC ) and the file i save each time before running acc.

Attachments

• Error message.PNG
    Error message.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • Json file after running ACC.PNG
    Json file after running ACC.PNG
    268 KB · Views: 50
  • The file before running ACC.PNG
    The file before running ACC.PNG
    216.8 KB · Views: 50
The problem is still there :(
I have modified the file "broadasting.json" with the data you sent me, I have saved it in the folder "config".
After, I have started ACC and then run ARC and the error message comes back!
On the other hand if I start ARC without starting ACC the error message is not there.
What happens is that : After launching ACC the json file is automatically modified by the game and is not the same, that's why when I sent you the json file yesterday, the content was not the right one, although yesterday I entered the right data inside.
Here you have the file i get with the error message ( after running ACC ) and the file i save each time before running acc.

That's definitely not good - ACC shouldn't be writing to that file. As far as I'm aware, ACC doesn't have any interface to maintain that file - it only reads it. Do you use any other ACC tool that might use the broadcasting interface (eg CrewChief, SimHub etc)?

As a test, can you edit the broadcasting.json file so it is correct. Now start only ACC (not ARC and no other tools). Now check the file. If the file is still corrupted, then you might need to re-install/repair ACC. It is probably worth running chkdsk as well to ensure you have no bad sectors

That's definitely not good - ACC shouldn't be writing to that file. As far as I'm aware, ACC doesn't have any interface to maintain that file - it only reads it. Do you use any other ACC tool that might use the broadcasting interface (eg CrewChief, SimHub etc)?

As a test, can you edit the broadcasting.json file so it is correct. Now start only ACC (not ARC and no other tools). Now check the file. If the file is still corrupted, then you might need to re-install/repair ACC. It is probably worth running chkdsk as well to ensure you have no bad sectors
Ok thanks for your answer.
I just corrected the broadcasting file with the right data, start ACC without ARC then close ACC. And the broadcasting file has indeed been modified! I did not open any other program with ACC and the file was modified.
I just ran a disk check chkdsk, no problem detected. I am uninstalling and reinstalling ACC with Steam. Do you think I should uninstall and reinstall ARC at the same time as ACC or is it not necessary?

Last edited:
Ok thanks for your answer.
I just corrected the broadcasting file with the right data, start ACC without ARC then close ACC. And the broadcasting file has indeed been modified! I did not open any other program with ACC and the file was modified.
I just ran a disk check chkdsk, no problem detected. I am uninstalling and reinstalling ACC with Steam. Do you think I should uninstall and reinstall ARC at the same time as ACC or is it not necessary?
You shouldn't need to re-install ARC. It will only ever attempt to write to the broadcasting.json file if the dialog pops up and you press save

You shouldn't need to re-install ARC. It will only ever attempt to write to the broadcasting.json file if the dialog pops up and you press save
I just re-installed ACC and the problem is the same, ACC modifies the braodcasting document without opening ARC. As you can see in the screenshot, I opened ACC at 14:08 pm and ACC modified another documents at that time, not only broadcasting, I don't understand :(
Maybe I should totally delete the ACC folder and unistall ACC from Steam and re-install but I don't know if i can loose my data in-game, settings etc
A month ago I had installed an ACC tool that worked very well, I tested it during a session and gave me my lap times without any problem. But then I completely deleted it from the computer, maybe the problem comes from there ? I have "MOTEC" file in the ACC folder maybe this file can modify the broadcasting file?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    898 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
I just re-installed ACC and the problem is the same, ACC modifies the braodcasting document without opening ARC. As you can see in the screenshot, I opened ACC at 14:08 pm and ACC modified another documents at that time, not only broadcasting, I don't understand :(
Maybe I should totally delete the ACC folder and unistall ACC from Steam and re-install but I don't know if i can loose my data in-game, settings etc
A month ago I had installed an ACC tool that worked very well, I tested it during a session and gave me my lap times without any problem. But then I completely deleted it from the computer, maybe the problem comes from there ? I have "MOTEC" file in the ACC folder maybe this file can modify the broadcasting file?

It is probably worth asking a question on the kunos support form (https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?forums/acc-troubleshooting.72/) - maybe someone there might have an idea why the broadcasting file is being corrupted

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.