ACC Release Tomorrow... Who's Excited Then?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Launch Tomorrow.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione finally hits version one release tomorrow after a long and often exciting early access programme - who's excited?

Yes, finally that day is almost upon us when Kunos Simulazioni push the big green button and deploy the full 'V1' build of Assetto Corsa Competizione on Steam. Featuring the cars, teams and drivers of the 2018 Blancpain GT Series in all their glory, sim racers have been waiting with baited breath for this day to arrive - and its nearly here!

With a few new tracks in the form of Spa, Brands Hatch, Silverstone and Barcelona joining the title, and a wave of new cars too numerous to mention, what combination will you be taking out onto the circuit first?

ACC Launch tomorrow 2.jpg

Share your excitement about release day with the community in the comments section below!

The Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for the latest news and discussion about this awesome simulation. Head over to engage with your fellow sim racing fans, and why not take in a race or two with our ACC Racing Club? Good, clean and fun online racing to be had by all!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Up until a few minutes ago I wasn't that excited to be honest (which has been disappointing, since this game was the catalyst for me upgrading my PC) due to the lack of triple screen support...but now I'm hearing talk about a solution they're implementing to counter the stretching on the side screens and that it may drop with v1.0, so...we'll see then, won't we.

I love everything else about the game (well...not so much the TAA ghosting)...but when you have your triples as close to you as I have (about 21" from my eyes, 27" monitor size), the fish-eye stretch makes it very disorienting when turning on sharper corners...especially when your brain is used to seeing it done correctly in all other sims. Here's hoping they get it working soon, really want this game to do well. :thumbsup:

Up until a few minutes ago I wasn't that excited to be honest (which has been disappointing, since this game was the catalyst for me upgrading my PC) due to the lack of triple screen support...but now I'm hearing talk about a solution they're implementing to counter the stretching on the side screens and that it may drop with v1.0, so...we'll see then, won't we.
This should be quite doable because even if the graphics engine does not have the capability to do true triple screen support (3 independent views), there's an Nvidia technology that came out with the 10-series cards called "simultaneous multi-projection" that can give the same effect. The developer must incorporate this in the game but it may be less difficult than true triple screen support from the graphics engine.

I don't know if any game uses this technology, sadly. It sucks when these technologies that GPU companies make need the game-developer to implement them. It would be fantastic to have a menu to apply and adjust these settings for any game. Imagine being able to play games like GT Legends, Project Cars 1, GTR2, Race 07, and the countless of non-racing games out there with proper FOVs and peripheral vision? I don't play Battlefield 3/4 in triple screen because of the ridiculous distortion and the barely enhanced peripheral vision.

This Nvidia technology could be a game-changer for triple screen users but it's literally just sitting there not being used. I'm curious if there's even a single game that's ever incorporated it.

This should be quite doable because even if the graphics engine does not have the capability to do true triple screen support (3 independent views), there's an Nvidia technology that came out with the 10-series cards called "simultaneous multi-projection" that can give the same effect. This Nvidia technology could be a game-changer for triple screen users but it's literally just sitting there not being used. I'm curious if there's even a single game that's ever incorporated it.

Have you heard of a game called iRacing... SMP been in there for a while now :)
and working really well, cuts rendering efforts nearly in half, which means more settings can be set a higher values. For additional knowledge on SMP

I live in the future so its already the release date. But seeing as so many of you live in the past I have to wait an extra day so you can all can catch up.

Then I can also get the full release. The day after release day is going to be a great day.

Can't wait for this. Even though I have, waited I mean. And I am at work now so I technically need to go on waiting till later or tomorrow...
EA has been great and witnessing improvements throughout.
What will I do first?
Man... this is tough.
Porsche @ Brands
Aston @ Silverstone
New Bentley @ Catalunya
NSX and Lexus @ Spa

Then when I'm done with that, I'll swap em all around and throw the AMG in for good measure!

Hopefully I'll have time to lap the Aston at Brands Hatch tonight before the first of this weeks two all English European football finals, I care for none of the teams but its soccerball innit!

Hopefully get more time tomorrow to drive.

Unfortunately I cannot fire up ACC later today with V.1.0. I'm hoping for Thursday evening. Maybe until then V.1.1 has dropped already and I am spared of some first hiccups. ;):p

Yeah, and then? I will try the lot of front engined cars like AMG, Lexus first on tracks I already know. Of course the obvious 911 test session! Also curious about the NSX.
Then delve into the lot of new tracks, I'd say Spa, Brands. Defo looking forward to Zandvoort for the soon to come 2019 season. Hoping for Intercontinental Series DLC with Suzuka and Bathurst!

Not so keen on racing Silverstone tbh, but will try to master that track too of course. And since now in ACC I can also appreciate Paul Ricard and Misano, how knows? Maybe Silverstone will be my next go-to track? :cool:

ACC weekend ... here I come! :D

To be honest, Spa is the only track in the limited ACC line-up that I really like, which is a shame for a title like this. But that's what you get when you decide to release a single racing series game with no mod support. Cars are enough though, 911 will be my favourite, and I can't wait to hear brutal sound of AMG onboard.

Oh, and if Kunos put in the Nordschleife, I would not ask for anything more from ACC.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.5%