Paul Jeffrey

Premium
16 ACC Merc Rain.jpg 17 ACC Audi Rain.jpg 18 ACC Rain Race.jpg 21 ACC Night Race.jpg 14 ACC Audi Night.jpg 24 ACC Dusk.jpg
Marco Massarutto has confirmed more Assetto Corsa Competizione news will be coming in the next weeks during this latest interview with technology giants Nvidia...

During the brief interview video with Nvidia presenter Julian Huguet recently, Kunos Simulazioni Co-Founder Marco Massarutto has revealed some interesting insight into the highly anticipated new title from the makers of Assetto Corsa, including confirmation that the studio continue to target a "late summer" 2018 Early Access release date, and going on to mention that more news about the new simulation should be revealed in the next few weeks.

Already we've seen quite a bit of footage from ACC thanks to the various launch and reveal events around the world, and again this latest interview with Nvidia gives players another glimpse at what promises to be a highly polished visual treat, building on the already exceptionally solid foundations of Assetto Corsa as the Italian team move to the powerful Unreal 4 game engine - a first for the studio and yet another notable developer making use of this mightily potent engine for a sim racing game.

Sit back and enjoy the new footage as we continue to eagerly await more news about ACC in the coming days and weeks...

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Last edited:
Enjoy 37.5Fps :)

I never bother using mine as it's a faff to setup each time.
I never had any problems setting up the DK2.
You only have to run OH once, skip the setup and you are ready to go.

I have no idea where did you get that 37.5fps from. It is actually a bit better than CV1 as all you have to maintain is 75fps (which is lower than CV1s 90fps and as we all know 15fps in VR makes a massive difference). So technically, you should be able to run DK2 on lower spec PC.

Are you trying to run it on a RX480 or something ?
A DK2 at 75 would be better than 1080p at 60 any day !
75 fps should be relatively easy if you have a somewhat decent modern rig ! But yes 37.5 wouldn't be ideal .
The "faff " to set up is like sitting in a seat and putting a hat on , lol well at least after the initial set up . But that's only a 5 minute exercise anyway .

I never had any problems setting up the DK2.
You only have to run OH once, skip the setup and you are ready to go.

I have no idea where did you get that 37.5fps from. It is actually a bit better than CV1 as all you have to maintain is 75fps (which is lower than CV1s 90fps and as we all know 15fps in VR makes a massive difference). So technically, you should be able to run DK2 on lower spec PC.
Sounds tasty, maybe tomorrow I will try it....
All the hazzle setting up new hardware...
Yeah, maybe tomorrow. :)

Also about VR racing... I will never be able to understand what's so amusing sitting there with a set of goggles stick on your face, does it look THAT wonderful?? You can see nothing but the game itself, is that a part of "fun"?

Why not just buy a TrackIR and enjoy the game in the same way - with almost quarter of the cost of a VR-ready rig.
You don't understand it, because you can't until you try it. If you watch YouTube, you're not experiencing VR, you're watching it on a 2D screen. When you actually put the headset on and drive a lap or two, that's when you get it. You have realistic depth and speed perception. You will see the track as you've never seen it before. There really is no comparison.

You don't understand it, because you can't until you try it. If you watch YouTube, you're not experiencing VR, you're watching it on a 2D screen. When you actually put the headset on and drive a lap or two, that's when you get it. You have realistic depth and speed perception. You will see the track as you've never seen it before. There really is no comparison.
Will see lately...

AC competizione has won, cause everybody wants the game.
It doesn't win like Forza 7 and millions copies sold at 70$ or more, but it's a small victory against old sim like raceroom, rF2, iRacing.

AC competizione has won, cause everybody wants the game.
It doesn't win like Forza 7 and millions copies sold at 70$ or more, but it's a small victory against old sim like raceroom, rF2, iRacing.

I think they all stand alone, except forza which I know nothing about.
R3E is my FFB sweetheart, rF2 is my hardcore good AI racer, iRacing is where I hang out for good human races, and ACC I hope will be that solid all around title that makes me feel like I'm running GTR2 again.

Well, you have to know your limits, if it is too hard for you, there is no argument against that, you can only do so much, we all have to live within our limits.
I have been enjoying my DK2 for over 2 years now, loving every minute of it, driving almost every day, but what do I know, I have my own limits.
There is no set up for mine, just put it on my face when I feel like drving a SIM, but I can see how even that can be too much effort for some. Like setting a wheel, a controler is so much easier to use.
Hard life indeed when using a Rfit and wheel, heroes is what we are.:D

Last edited:
Well, you have to know your limits, if it is too hard for you, there is no argument against that, you can only do so much, we all have to live within our limits.
I have been enjoying my DK2 for over 2 years now, loving very minute of it, driving almost every day, but what do I know, I have my own limits.
There is no set up for mine, just put it on my face when I feel like drving a SIM, but I can see how even that can be too much effort for some. Like setting a wheel, a controler is so much easier to use.
Hard life indeed when using a Rfit and wheel, heroes is what we are.:D
Lol I have a playseat challenge, so my protocol is as follows.
1 - drag wheel and base across floor
2 - unfold
3 - plug in wheel/power plug
4 - position DK2 sensor
5 - jump up to press power button on pc tower (on top of wardrobe)
I just wish I had more space haha

Oh and having young children means I can never play VR when they are around too

Will see lately...

Believe me, I was also unconvinced. I watched the videos and didn't think VR was a big deal. Then I bought a headset during a sale from a store with a no-questions return policy to test it out. I had every intention of taking it back if I didn't like it. First sim session starts, I immediately scoff at the graphics and think, "No way! I want my 4K back." Then I took it for a drive on my favorite track, one I had been driving for years, and it felt like I was seeing it for the first time. I wasn't even halfway through the lap when I realized I was never going back to 2D screens. And I sh!t you not... I never did. I loved AMS, but I haven't played it since I got VR, because of that. :(

Funny thing is...now, when I see 2D racing, it looks like a game to me. In my mind, when I think of sims, I think VR. And I stress... In my mind. I am not saying 2D racing isn't sim racing. Just that the highly immersive visual experience of VR now looks better than 2D to me, despite the lower resolution, because VR graphics are about more than resolution and clarity. Realistic depth, facilitating the ability to triangulate and use your hand-eye coordination in a natural manner, engages your brain in a different way. Your mind fills in the blanks around the experience. 2D can never do that, because you're always visually aware of the world beyond the screen. With VR, you not only feel like you're in the race car, but the background world goes out-of-sight-out-of-mind, and that transports you. The better your rig, the more your brain has to work with to fill in the blanks. 2D racing can't deliver that--you're always watching through a window.

Last edited:
During practice i want to change a control setting. Can i press escape and choose for options or do i have to close down the session, going back to the main menu?

I am also very curious about this...it's always been a pain to have to exit a race session in AC to adjust controls or whether or not I want to see the virtual wheel...depending on the track and number of cars to be loaded, that's another minute or two to change settings and reload the session.

For example: In your previous session you drove a modern F1 car (display on the wheel itself) so you want to see the virtual wheel, but then you now want to drive a 911 GT3 (display on the dash) but forgot to turn off the virtual wheel...so you exit the session, fix that and reload, to then realize you also switched your physical wheel on your rig to match the sim from a formula-style rim to a round wheel and forgot to change the controller preset to match...:O_o:...Yes I know; you could just remember to do this every time you switch cars but hey, mistakes happen. Don't even talk about if you try a car that's unfamiliar to you and you don't know what kind of wheel or display it uses before loading the session...or a particular car's brakes locks up at a much shorter throw than most other cars, so you want to adjust the brake sensitivity curve...

It may sound like impatience and nitpicking, but I know lots of us have family lives and put a premium on the time we can spend doing this hobby we love; little things like this add up. I love Assetto Corsa...but considering most, if not all of the other current sims (I know AMS, RF2, R3E and iRacing for sure) allow you to change any setting while in session except for video settings and current track rules, I hope this process is changed in ACC.

do not forget that several circuits were offered free thanks to the sponsor of nvidia, and sparco already that has provided us with quality content just by placing advertising panels on the bors of the circuit

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.