ACC: Multiplayer Fixes on Route - Online Servers Down

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos confirm multiplayer fixes are on the way, online servers temporarily disabled.

Assetto Corsa Competizione release three brought plenty of new goodies, including a very basic first pass at multiplayer, however it seems like some unintended problems have arisen that has led Kunos Simulazioni to remove server access until the end of the coming weekend.

As can be expected with such a sizable new build, on a game engine brand new to the development team, these sorts of issues can very easily arise and cause more issues than initially expected. What is good news is that Kunos have acknowledged the issues, and appear to be hard at work making the appropriate adjustments to the title as they strive to achieve a more stable and performance friendly build version.

ACC.jpg

You can check out the full statement from Kunos below:

Dear ACC racers, we're looking after you...

We finally released the 0.3 release of our Steam Early Access programme for Assetto Corsa Competizione on schedule, including the Practice Session in Multiplayer mode, which allows us to stress test our systems as a first step of the multiplayer experience we are building.

You can probably imagine how much stability difference there is when moving from a reasonable amount of beta testers to thousands of simultaneous players: nothing unexpected on our side.

Here at KUNOS, developers have been working on the server backend since the night of the release, and we would like to ask for your patience regarding some global server downtime until the end of the weekend, while we will keep tuning the system to give more stability for your Multiplayer racing experience.

Online multiplayer is expected to return to the title from next week, however please be prepared for further delays if the studio believe it necessary in order to get to the bottom of the current issues.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Just my view but this sort of thing in Early Access is what I expected and no big deal. At least the issues have been acknowledged and are being worked on, I'm not sure what else we can ask. If they don't get fixed well yes I'd understand the angst.

I'm not defending Kunos and 505 games in this, I've seen the most shocking behaviour from them both with the console version of AC but no need to go over all that again. I no longer buy games from either Kunos or 505 games on console as a result.

On the other hand Kunos seem as responsive as any developer I've experienced in Early Access on PC. So, some teething problems for ACC but so far so good and better than I thought possible given that all the other Unreal engine racing games I've experienced have frame rate and stuttering issues.

Guess that's the most complete way, but there may be another one. I think people delete the controller.json file and then when you go to make a new controller profile it creates a new file. Not sure if totally correct for ACC but believe I did something similar in the past for AC1

IMO Kunos did very good job with ACC so far. Yes there will be some problems, yes some ppl will get funny about this but honestly guys, this is EA so why you complaint ? Stay away if you are not ready to help Kunos with feedback.
My experience so far with ACC is really good. After last update graphics working perfect, level of details is amazing and yes, there are some problems too. Online does't make any sense, you drive the whole length of the race ( let's say 30 mins ) leading the race and you finish 14th lol ( or there is something I don't understand as how this works ? )
Problem I'm having is that when i switch to High level of details I can't see rain on windshield, the only way to do it is to switch to Epic. My PC can handle this without any problems but some users can struggle with graphics demand on their PC's
I'm happy to continue providing Kunos with my feedback and problems I'm getting with ACC and they listening carefully and making adjustments as required. I did that with Project CARS 2 and was banned from forum for pointing out concerns about certain thing lol.
AC with MODs works better then ever before, if you don't want to participate in making another amazing simulator by Kunos than stay away or go and play NFS :)

(you drive the whole length of the race ( let's say 30 mins ) leading the race and you finish 14th lol ( or there is something I don't understand as how this works ? )
Yeah, i noticed this too, but i think (correct me if i'm wrong) it's something to do with the class (pro, silver, pro am etc), and i'm not sure how this works ingame as i've raced the ai, finished first, but rated 5th at the end of the race, but highest in my class, even though there were no other cars ahead of mine on track.

Yeah, i noticed this too, but i think (correct me if i'm wrong) it's something to do with the class (pro, silver, pro am etc), and i'm not sure how this works ingame as i've raced the ai, finished first, but rated 5th at the end of the race, but highest in my class, even though there were no other cars ahead of mine on track.

Strange but I think this is something to do with their new rating system, or maybe I'm wrong .... dunno

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back