News ACC GT3 Series - Monday Nights

My Race Report

Incredible! Thats about how I feel after that one.

I was on pace in practice and qualifying, ending up in 3rd place, 0.4 off the pole time.

Race start I cautiously braked early at Turn 1, it ended up with a gap on the inside opening up on the corner exit. I went for it and got up into the lead. Kaiser took 5 laps to get back passed me as I battled him hard, twice we went through the chicane two wide!

I dropped back to fourth, regrouped and battled back up onto the back on Hunt in 3rd as the pitstops came around. Followed him in and beat him out the pits. A couple laps later Andrew Sebastian came out in front of me, I didnt battle him much as I didnt want to lose time back to hunt so I just pushed on.

He increased his pace to match me behind, both of us pulling away and for a couple of laps gaining on the leader before he reacted and upped his pace too.

As we got away from Hunt I settled down in the last 10 minutes, just wanting to finished in 3rd place, I backed off a little running low 1:46s until the end.

A great result, happy to be up there on pace again and looking forward to the next one!

Oh and I got the fastest lap of the race - 01:45.182

Last edited:
An unfortunate oversteer on lap 3 meant I had to pit mega early… 1 minute and a long 10 seconds in the pit…

I ended up carrying 90+ litres of fuel for around 40 minutes…

Obviously overestimated the fuel costs, although it did say estimated fuel per lap was 3.35 litres though, so I had planned for 105 litres of total fuel :roflmao:

Roll on next week :thumbsup:

Since I'm not very familiar with setups, I would ask at this point what you can do to counteract understeer. :thumbsdown:
There’s an app you may find handy:

It tracks oversteer and understeer while driving and then offers some solutions. I found it useful when starting out with setups.

Evening all, happy race day. Sorry for the lack of drivers briefing - I've been manic the past week. I guess just make sure you leave the pits for quali in free space as the pit exit is in a really bad place. See you on track :)

Me too, I just cannot get the hang of it, I applied the pit limit as you would, still got a penalty.
Being punted off did not endear me to the rest of the race. it is the old racing driver rule book, the faster you go the less responsible you are for your actions.
:)

Last edited:
Nightmare race!

Didn't have any data for M4/Brands in ACC Results Companion, so just used the game fuel consumption (2.9). Clearly way overfuelled by half distance, so whilst I was trying to figure out how much fuel to take out for my stop, I just drove straight on at T3! Fuel consumption ended up being 2.278.

Dropped to P4, I extended my stint and managed to jump Will into P3. We traded tenths for while, then I dipped a tyre on the grass and veered off the track and hit the wall. 15 secs damage, and Will was all over me for the rest of the race. managed to keep P3.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail! Not my best race, delighted with a podium.

Me too, I just cannot get the hang of it, I applied the pit limit as you would, still got a penalty.
Being punted off did not endear me to the rest of the race. it is the old racing driver rule book, the faster you go the less responsible you are for your actions.
:)
I just saw the contact on the replay. It's a tricky one as the BMW has got the inside (just) so the radar would have shown him there. He's tight up against the apex and just clips your rear as you go for the inside. You feel he's punted you, he probably feels you turned in on him - that's the classic driver rule book :D Personally, I would have liked to have seen the golden rule applied here chaps - it was a bit of a racing incident but did result in another driver losing a lot of time.

I still have two questions.
Is there anywhere to see the condition of the tires?
And what is the point of only distinguishing between "dry" and "rain"? (soft-medium-hard)

I know this might sound stupid, but I really don't know. :thumbsdown:

I still have two questions.
Is there anywhere to see the condition of the tires?
And what is the point of only distinguishing between "dry" and "rain"? (soft-medium-hard)

I know this might sound stupid, but I really don't know. :thumbsdown:

The in car tyre graphic only shows tyre temp and tyre pressure. You can only see tyre wear in the car set up screen, after a stint.

Unlike F1, there aren't different dry compounds in the real series, only dry or wet.

Last edited:
New tyre condition is 3. As you can see on this screen, the (O)uter (M)iddle and (I)nner part of the tyre has worn by 0.3 after the stint they have run.

Useless in race, but can be helpful for future set up.
A45B70BB-C0A3-498D-A8C9-9AC84AE217E9.jpeg

I just saw the contact on the replay. It's a tricky one as the BMW has got the inside (just) so the radar would have shown him there. He's tight up against the apex and just clips your rear as you go for the inside. You feel he's punted you, he probably feels you turned in on him - that's the classic driver rule book :D Personally, I would have liked to have seen the golden rule applied here chaps - it was a bit of a racing incident but did result in another driver losing a lot of time.
I do not actually disagree with you Chris, there is just that bit of common sense that tells you don’t go there, risky. I got involved with some slower drivers and made sure I did not go to the place where I was going to get problems.
As he is capable driver I would assume he was smarter than that, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.
There is always another corner, if you are quick enough.:)

My Race Report

Really strong pace from everyone tonight! I got my setup done in practice, 4th fastest, qualifying pace was the same but only 7th fastest with a 1:25.3.

Then misclicked when saving it, losing my tyre pressures. Guessed them from my mate that uses the same cars pressures, they were too low!

As the race got underway I moved up a few places, banged doors with Belane but no damage. After a couple laps of sitting on Dahlgrens bumper I noticed how wrong my tyre pressures were and pitted early to correct them.

Came out an sat at mid to low 1:25s, moved my way up into 4th as everyone pitted. Hardie gave me a couple of laps hard racing before I decided to let him go, running the last 16 minutes at a pace that held a gap back to Belane in 6th.

Happy with another Top 5 in this race, really looking forward to the remaining races!

I do not actually disagree with you Chris, there is just that bit of common sense that tells you don’t go there, risky. I got involved with some slower drivers and made sure I did not go to the place where I was going to get problems.
As he is capable driver I would assume he was smarter than that, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.
There is always another corner, if you are quick enough.:)
Yeh it's a brave overtaking spot with both drivers needing to be "on the same page" for it to work out.

Yea, great race last night!

My practice session was getting me into the 1 min 24s which I was happy with going in to the qualifier, however…

The qualifier was a ‘mare, I selected the profile I made up with reduced fuel and I could tell something was different, the car felt off and I just couldn’t get a lap together.

I selected my practice setup for the race and the car felt instantly better.

The race felt awesome, at one part being 3 wide with Balene and being stuck in the middle I traded paint with him, no damage though.
Later I screwed up my pit exit which ended up with Borowik getting by, we had a good battle for a few laps then he let me go (cheers! :thumbsup:) and I chased down Seb.

The adrenaline was pumping trying to overtake and not take anyone out! I’m not sure who we lapped but I felt like I was millimetres of sebs bumper at the time hoping for the best :whistling:

Managed a PR during the race which is always good!

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 12.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 10 9.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 9.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 12 11.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 40 38.5%
  • Saturday

Votes: 59 56.7%