News ACC GT3 Series - Monday Nights

Blue flags
Just a quick reminder that whilst it isn't compulsory to move off line please try to let cars lapping you by where possible. We've had reports of people being stuck behind a lapped car for a whole lap which is completely avoidable.

Thx for the review. I could not send him a direct message (no rights) so I hope he reads our posts.
Thank you all for the kind words of encouragement.
I say it was absolutely my fault. I really didn't want to attack too much, I just wanted to build up a bit of pressure. And then what happens to me so often in ACC happened, and I don't know why. My braking distances sometimes vary a lot. In this case I saw that I probably braked a bit too late, I panicked because I knew that there was going to be a bang, and I gave in strongly because I wanted to prevent it. And then things went really wrong.

Is it the case that the braking distance is greatly increased if the front wheels are not straight?

I want to like ACC, but I have several such problems that I don't understand.

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind words of encouragement.
I say it was absolutely my fault. I really didn't want to attack too much, I just wanted to build up a bit of pressure. And then what happens to me so often in ACC happened, and I don't know why. My braking distances sometimes vary a lot. In this case I saw that I probably braked a bit too late, I panicked because I knew that there was going to be a bang, and I gave in strongly because I wanted to prevent it. And then things went really wrong.

Is it the case that the braking distance is greatly increased if the front wheels are not straight?

I want to like ACC, but I have several such problems that I don't understand.
It can vary depending on how you are turning, I think in this case you tried to outbrake me but I was at the limit of where I could brake and make the corner. Easy mistake to make.

Join us again and focus on building speed gradually, braking later and later with trail braking into the corners. Hope to see you there next week!

What ABS setting are you running Hank? Also what is your brake bias set to?

Our ACC club is all about learning and getting help with things so you are in the right place :)

I'll have a look. Today I'm playing a little Wreckfest to clear my head and tomorrow is one of the famous Abarth/Mazda races. After that I will practice for next Monday. I think everything is different in a wet race anyway.
Thanks again for your kind support.

And like I said: I WANT to like ACC. :thumbsup:

gt3 copy.jpg

Silverstone Drivers Briefing - Bring your wellies

Weather forecast
Constant rain and overcast for all 3 sessions...typical summers day in England.

Predicted Race Weather and temps - 14:00 in game
weather.jpg

Start type
Short rolling start

Race Director's Notes
  • Usual club rules apply. The big ones are no chatting during qualifying or the race. Please wait for the last car to cross the line at the end of the race before chatting and if you knock someone off please hand the place back when safe to do so.
  • Turn on your radar - this massively helps to keep good awareness of cars around you
  • The race has been declared wet - please turn on your lights and rain light when out on track
  • Mandatory pitstop for tyre change still applies, remember to select WET tyres :D
Wet weather tips
  • Avoid accelerating on kerbs or painted areas
  • Increase TC and ABS
  • 29.5PSI - 30PSI for wet tyres when hot
  • When racing side by side leave as much room as possible - the car on the inside line is likely to drift out more than usual
  • Setup tips here

Last edited:
One thing I would say is set the track to wet in the options, probably around 30%. If you don't I think you'll start off with a slightly wet track that gets wetter. Have a play around

H_Belane,
Could someone PM me a lap time so I can see where I have to fight my way (Silverstone - rain)?
I would think around a 2.14-2.15 min lap would be a good race pace. if you could average a 2.16 throughout you'd be in good stead, but remember there's people of all abilities especially in the rain so don't try be an alien, you will be faster been consistent, not fast on one or two laps.

Event Update - No Pitstop Required
It's come to my attention that when the race is wet the pit stop settings you apply in the setup menu (i.e. - change tyres) automatically unselects for the race. This means that everyone would need to go in to the MFD and select change tyres during the race.

To stop any accidents or being disqualified for forgetting to select tyre change I've decided that wet races will not need a mandatory pit stop.

I've updated the server's name to reflect this and will remind on the night.

If you have already had a practice and like me have your fuel split 50/50 please remember to put all the fuel you need in for the race start.

Last edited:
Couldn’t you just remind everyone in the chat between sessions to remember and select tyres during pitstop?
I did think about that but there will be some that don't have easy access to a keyboard / MFD buttons when racing and I know in the heat of battle and trying not to bin it in the wet people will still forget.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.