News ACC GT3 Series - Monday Nights

I have found time to get some practice ahead of the next round already, looking forward to Monday!
Nice one! How are you finding it? I always try and get an hour in before to work on setup and build confidence, makes life a lot easier racing wheel to wheel when you've got good muscle memory around the circuit. I'm torn between the McLaren and the Porsche.

Last edited:
I managed to get consistent 1:43.3-1:44.4 by the end. Had the delta show 1:42.5 a couple times just didnt manage to string it all together on one lap but I wasnt pushing for ultimate pace. The BMW is really nicely balanced around there, bit of work to make it more forgiving on the kerbs.

I can't get on with the Porsche!

Kyalami Briefing
Weather forecast - Sunny
Predicted Race Temperature - Ambient: 24c | Track: 31c
Start type - Short rolling start

Race Director notes
  • Usual club rules apply. The big ones are no chatting during qualifying or the race. Please wait for the last car to cross the line at the end of the race before chatting and if you knock someone off please hand the place back when safe to do so.
  • Turn on your radar - this massively helps to keep good awareness of cars around you
  • If you can try and get a few practice pitstops in during practice - the pit entrance is quite tight!
See you later :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I resign from driving ACC.
For whatever reason, that doesn't seem to be my game. :cry:
Sorry to the black BMW. I'm just incapable sometimes.
And sorry for chatting during the race. :thumbsdown:
I'm angry with myself.

Last edited:
My race report.

Qualifying went well, managed to sit just behind Chris in third place.

Race start was awesome, got past into second place and kept with the leader for a couple of laps before a great battle with Chris and Sebastian, a little contact ended that but nothing more than a door rub.

Dropped down to 5th where I then battled Klengel and Belane for a couple of laps until that accident. I tagged Belane whilst avoiding it and pitted for damage.

Back out on track and pushing to get back up the order, a good pace saw me taking people as they pitted before Johal rejoined in front of me, I passed him as a damaged Ben Plowman limped around but I couldnt shake Johal.

!5 minutes later he made a late lunge into turn 1, the last lap! I crossed behind him with a hair between our bumpers, retook third place and held it to the finish line. My first podium!

Amazing what a bit of practice can do. Thanks to everyone that raced tonight, see you all next week in the rain!

Some great racing there chaps, well done to all. Just an extra inch or two more room being given would see less side by side contact.

One to forget in the end for me. I had to push so hard in the corners to not be an absolute sitting duck on the straights and it finally bit me when I clipped the kerb 2nd to last corner and nosed it in to the barriers.

I'm finding the McLaren feels good to drive and can qualify well but it's just getting eaten up at the start and down the straights, especially by the BMWs. We'll see what it's like in the wet next week!

Some great racing there chaps, well done to all. Just an extra inch or two more room being given would see less side by side contact.

One to forget in the end for me. I had to push so hard in the corners to not be an absolute sitting duck on the straights and it finally bit me when I clipped the kerb 2nd to last corner and nosed it in to the barriers.

I'm finding the McLaren feels good to drive and can qualify well but it's just getting eaten up at the start and down the straights, especially by the BMWs. We'll see what it's like in the wet next week!
Yea, a little more room would have been nice but it played out ok in the end. Its just racing I guess, dont think it was intentional and I felt I had left decent room everywhere I could.

It was a shame you crashed out as I was hoping to chase you and the leaders to see what could happen in the later stages of the race.

Great race lads enjoyed!!

got cramp in my left foot after my pit stop , didn't help with the braking, guess I need to work on my race fitness :D

But I really enjoyed the racing in particular with Ben and Robert :thumbsup:

Yea, a little more room would have been nice but it played out ok in the end. Its just racing I guess, dont think it was intentional and I felt I had left decent room everywhere I could.

It was a shame you crashed out as I was hoping to chase you and the leaders to see what could happen in the later stages of the race.
Yeh exactly that, hard but fair racing. I think I tend to leave too much room tbh :roflmao:

I was looking forward to a race long battle too, I might try switching to the Bentley or Aston. I grew up watching the BTCC so my racing style usually hammers the kerbs but the McLaren doesn't play nice over them.

I resign from driving ACC.
For whatever reason, that doesn't seem to be my game. :cry:
Sorry to the black BMW. I'm just incapable sometimes.
And sorry for chatting during the race. :thumbsdown:
I'm angry with myself.
I suggest to continue with ACC. I'm the driver of the black BMW #125 :) After our incident I continued the race until ACC crashed on my PC. This never happened before but has for sure nothing to do with our incident. Robert gave me the replay files and I had a look on our crash. I'm not so sure who made the mistake. May be its my fault!? During the race it seems clear to me but looking at the replay I really dont know. May be some other guys have a look at the incident to give us or me to learn something and not to blame anyone.
Best Regards, Michael

I suggest to continue with ACC. I'm the driver of the black BMW #125 :) After our incident I continued the race until ACC crashed on my PC. This never happened before but has for sure nothing to do with our incident. Robert gave me the replay files and I had a look on our crash. I'm not so sure who made the mistake. May be its my fault!? During the race it seems clear to me but looking at the replay I really dont know. May be some other guys have a look at the incident to give us or me to learn something and not to blame anyone.
Best Regards, Michael
My opinion is from my view behind you.

I missed a gear, the Audi came out to overtake and was along side me with us both behind you. You braked where I expected you to and I did the same. The Audi appeared to miss his braking point, easily done while trying to battle someone.

He dived to the inside, looked like trying to avoid you but collected you before stopping on the apex where I had expected there to be a space, hoping to get through it myself after having all of the track taken up by cars infront. I collected him causing damage.

Just a mistake that many make, something for the Audi driver to learn but everyone makes mistakes. Would like to see him at the next race too as his pace didnt seem bad!

My opinion is from my view behind you.

I missed a gear, the Audi came out to overtake and was along side me with us both behind you. You braked where I expected you to and I did the same. The Audi appeared to miss his braking point, easily done while trying to battle someone.

He dived to the inside, looked like trying to avoid you but collected you before stopping on the apex where I had expected there to be a space, hoping to get through it myself after having all of the track taken up by cars infront. I collected him causing damage.

Just a mistake that many make, something for the Audi driver to learn but everyone makes mistakes. Would like to see him at the next race too as his pace didnt seem bad!
Thx for the review. I could not send him a direct message (no rights) so I hope he reads our posts.

Thx for the review. I could not send him a direct message (no rights) so I hope he reads our posts.
I hope so, I dont think you did anything wrong, or me. He made a mistake, an easy one that we have all done at some point. It just resulted in contacting you. No harm really and with a few more races to get some more experience will be someone to have a decent battle with.

gt3 copy.jpg

Round 2 Winner - Andrew Sebastian

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes