• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured ACC: An Introduction to Blancpain GT Racing

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 9, 2019.

1. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +62
    I really like the idea of single or a few series replicated to the finest details. But here are things that are getting in the way:
    * where is the safety car? Blancpain series have SC.
    * are cars destructible? (serious question, have not tried game since EA).
    * why there's no rich shared memory for tool developers and zero communication with devs? Without Crew Chief, game is of no use to me at least.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. VernWozza

VernWozza
    Premium

Ratings:
    +343
    There is damage yeah but you can't total your car or anyone elses. Find it such an immersion killer when you crash in to a wall at 180mph and all that's happened is a bit of bent suspension.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +62
    Immersion killer, exactly. I don't need a Wreckfest, don't need visual damage even, but I really enjoy races where cars are fragile, and there are severe, realistic consequences. Disappointing to hear...

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Xela1

Xela1

Ratings:
    +302
    —- ACC best game ever

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    • Haha Haha x 2
  5. manu68

manu68
    Premium

Ratings:
    +250
    See Grand Prix Legends regarding damage. One bad shifting, race over

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,417
    Dial it back, no need for personal insults.

7. Xela1

Xela1

Ratings:
    +302
    Don‘t worry Kenny I‘m fine with the guys.

8. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,417
    But they're not all "fine" with you and we're all part of the same community so let's try and keep it friendly..

• Love Love x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  9. CC

CC
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,219
    Even GTR2 15 years ago had a very decent damage engine within the game itself was impressive for its time, 2006
    [​IMG]
    Forza Motorsport 3 from Turn 10 also had some decent visuals regarding the damage systems also,
    [​IMG]
    Project cars 1 is probably one of the best systems with there SMS engine switching out the LOD for damaged LOD, 2015
    [​IMG]
    I believe currently in 2019 the most advanced simulator with some of the best physics, awesome track textures and environments with scanned tracks is iracing there damage system is by far the most advanced out there for simulation, expensive but you get what you pay for I suppose,
    bang for your buck so to speak,
    [​IMG]

its not just a case of adding say a damage system, there is major worked involved with the 3D aspect depending on the techniques, vertex bending/shifting, deformations, or switching out of the LOD, which for me would be the way to go like SMS, Less performance impact than having live vertex damage,

but yes 100% all games with lack of realistic damage systems kill the immersion factor no doubts at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. VernWozza

VernWozza
    Premium

Ratings:
    +343
    Great response. I agree it's no mean feat implementing a realistic damage model.

I would be ok with the current level of visual damage in ACC but what I can't stand is the lack of fear of making a mistake.

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. CC

CC
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,219
    I think when looking at AC and ACC the pricing reflects the products they are selling which is perfectly reasonable,
    compare other games with similar content say iracing 1 single car costs 12$ on average,
    so buy say 5 cars thats like 60$ compared to say AC dlc content which was all roughly 5-6$ for packs of cars so around 10% of the costs comparing just those 2 sims,
    AC content is much higher geometry than iracing but lacks some visual features say damage systems,
    but that is totally fine with me, but still damage is a must in racing games id rather pay that little extra and get the cars how they should be. :)

and yeah if you crash should be the end of the race.

12. kunos

kunos
    Kunos Simulazioni Premium

Ratings:
    +1,238
    if you ask nicely I could add a couple of lines to wipe your HD clean next time you hit a wall :p
    That should be scary enough I hope :D

• Haha Haha x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  13. VernWozza

VernWozza
    Premium

Ratings:
    +343
    Honestly that sounds like fun to me.

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  14. protonv5

protonv5

Ratings:
    +186
    Will there be more cutscenes? Like in the F1 games? I.e., podium videos, team members walking the pits, time with the car in the garage, etc? These touches def add to the immersion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,417
    protonv5
    Do not start again in this thread.

• Beer Beer x 1
  16. Cristian Haba

Cristian Haba
    Premium

Ratings:
    +486
    Oh I'm so sorry man, forgot we're in 1967. Hey do you know what Jim Clark's Instagram or Twitter account is, I wanna see what he's been up to.

• Haha Haha x 2
  17. protonv5

protonv5

Ratings:
    +186
    I'm merely asking a question. If I'm not allowed here then just ban me but you'd better delete my account while you're at it. If I can't ask questions to other adults then your site is useless to me.

18. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,417
    That's not a problem, just please don't detail the thread and go off topic.

19. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +62
    To be fair, modern vehicles are more reliable and take more abuse to break engine/gearbox - but collisions with unrealistic consequences are immersion breaking, and so is the lack of correct Safety Car phase and no support for the Crew Chief. I had hopes for ACC, and like some things about it. But it is not a presentation of Blancpain series I'd enjoy due to above issues.

20. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +62
    This is exactly my point, very well said. And, there are alternative games that produce that "fear of making a mistake", so it's not like there's nothing else to play.

• Beer Beer x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.