• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured ACC: An Introduction to Blancpain GT Racing

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 9, 2019 at 22:06.

1. Xenozoid

Xenozoid

Ratings:
    +22
    i have got the impression they do not know how to start it,hence why there is no manual,and big interviews

• Haha Haha x 1
  2. Toonces

Toonces

Ratings:
    +29
    Abso-effing-lutely!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Fritz-Kola

Fritz-Kola

Ratings:
    +5
    I'd rather like an introduction to how they are going to safe their own game considering the current number of active players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Koen Verlinde

Koen Verlinde

Ratings:
    +234
    It's all too silent about this. Kunos can't pretend to bring Blancpain realistically to the computer screen when the endurance aspect doesn't work at all. Still my biggest peef with this game.

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. dud

dud
    Premium

Ratings:
    +89
    Maybe the first thing Kunos should add is more UDP or TCP interfaces that transmit things like lap times and other parameters. So that people can at least roll their own apps to collect that kind of data. Right now you'd have to run a HDMI encoder and record everything on video forever LOL. Haha. Sarcasm.

I mean how are we supposed to feel a sense for improvement and achievement the way things are right now? That is absolutely critical for the engagement zone. And we aren't talking paid jobs, this is a leisure game. No engagement zone, no incentive to play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dirk Steffen

Dirk Steffen
    Porsche Factory Jackass™ Premium

Ratings:
    +915
    It becomes very apparent that either ...

A) the majority of commenters in these kind of threads are not up to date on the development activity and communications of the Kunos devs and comment based on a rather uninformed knowledgeable (nothing to fault about that as there are more important things in life than staying up to date on the state of affairs of a computer game on a daily basis)

or …

B) these commenters simply enjoy the pastime of the sport of foul mouthing anything coming their way.
    Is this really so much fun to actually spend time to type down those words of constant complaints?
    How do you guys come up with the free time to do so?

I also find it rather curious that the majority of like comments come from people with very low activity on the forum - I wonder why?

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Beer Beer x 3
  7. numbersevenhull

numbersevenhull
    Premium

Ratings:
    +153
    I don't have time to trawl through forums of game developers websites generally unless I am looking for some specific technical help. I do roll my eyes somewhat at these press releases given the current state of the game, but hey ho, I'm patient.

Perhaps you could be so kind as to inform me as to what information / in development game improvements, general information I've been missing? Thanks in advance

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. jonination

jonination

Ratings:
    +21
    No, points are not awarded in the current form of Championship mode. This is a lie. You're lying. Don't lie to us. I wouldn't need to use a spreadsheet and take down the names of the 30-odd teams and assign a custom points formula in order to award points if points were currently awarded in your Championship Mode.

All things considered, I've put a significant amount of time into ACC recently and it might be my favorite drive of all the sims right now. AI could be a bit better but it's not terrible. That said, the above statement really should've come with a "*feature not yet complete" notation.

9. Jugulador

Jugulador

Ratings:
    +18
    Them, you are doing fine... my rating is stone:(

• Haha Haha x 2
  10. Xela1

Xela1

Ratings:
    +302
    Mod Edit: personal insults are against our ToS.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2019 at 06:29
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. stubs66

stubs66
    Premium

Ratings:
    +35

12. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,425
    ACC should consider of simulating SuperGT series. And then you also have a DTM beside (both series will join forces, at least on paper). Would be interesting.

13. CC

CC
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,212
    There struggling to simulate the GT3 Blancpain why take on something else ?
    more than anything I always race either Time Trials in-games I like chasing the leaderboards or try to get some decent consistency and make setups with the Hot lap system,
    pretty hard to do any here at all, the game does not even save your PB times nothing at all is saved,
    not sure where they get 1.0 from when a racing games does not store times from racing.

14. Gergo Panker

Gergo Panker
    pankykapus

Ratings:
    +569
    We will be doing that, the moment it's all compiled and revised, we'll be making it available in multiple platforms.

• Like Like x 5
    • Beer Beer x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  15. Gergo Panker

Gergo Panker
    pankykapus

Ratings:
    +569
    Most of the gameplay-related rules are explained for each game mode in the help section on the right-hand side of the game mode menu. I'd be willing to bet 80% of our users never looked there.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  16. manu68

manu68
    Premium

Ratings:
    +246
    thanks.
    I have ACC from day one.
    I Indeed have never seen such blancpain rules into the help section.
    I will try to look at that .

• Haha Haha x 1
  17. manu68

manu68
    Premium

Ratings:
    +246
    I just had a look, and I admit that I didn't see until now that there is Indeed information in the game.
    Located in single player , and for each single player mod.

as I never made a sprint race Week end or a endurance race in single player (only training and special event or quick race, I didn't see these information for sprint races or endurance races.
    But it is present.
    It is not present in career or championship, but again I may be wrong.

It would be maybe nice to gather these information on the main page (adding a menu tile "help" ot Blancpain rules).
    Just a proposal.

18. dhmotor

dhmotor
    Premium

Ratings:
    +37
    Hmmm ... I hope if there is an ACC v2 that is focuses on a multi-class series. While I am a back-marker in many races, I did a race at Spa recently and with only 28 cars on the grid, I raced alone much of the 2+ hour race, randomly catching guys who spun out or finally being lapped by guys who have a few seconds/lap on me.

In any event, when I am frustrated by something "not working" in the game, I usually find out that it is working just fine - I just didn't know the rule(s). So I am happy to have this resource (and any future ones). Maybe if the Crew Chief app gets implemented, the engineer could elaborate ie. "You have to come in this lap so Dries can get in the car" or "Tires only, this is a sprint race..." but maybe most important "you only have X laps of fuel left". :whistling:

19. Tar Heel

Tar Heel

Ratings:
    +99
    According to their career description it appears to be an invisible score you can't see that scores you over all your sessions. They made no mention of actually tracking championship standing because who would want such a trivial thing? :whistling:

• Haha Haha x 1
  20. Dirk Steffen

Dirk Steffen
    Porsche Factory Jackass™ Premium

Ratings:
    +915
    I would appreciate if you refrain from doing that to my name.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2019 at 06:30
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.