AC Modding Questions Thread

what's in your mirrors.ini? Try deleting every line in it.

Same with every other ini file that references certain objects that you may have changed, check them

Thanks!
But could you please tell me what ini files may have objects included into them?

Last edited:
Fixed the previous issue, and now the car is in the game... only problem is when I turn left the car turns right and vice versa... I checked to see if the issue had to do with the wheel dummies but both the dummies and the meshes are correctly orientated (z forward and y up)

Any ideas as to what may be causing this?
Screenshot_madformulateam_mftc3_drift_8-8-120-23-29-28.jpg

This is an odd one... So I have been creating an steering animation and placing the driver in the correct position in our car. So this is how it looks like in 3DS Max, everything seems normal. But when I create the animation and open up the game, the hands are in a different position. Any ideas as to why?
Captura de pantalla (348).png

Captura de pantalla (349).png

The driver_base_pos.knh sets the position of his spine, shoulders etc. only the forearms/hands get moved by the steer animation. So you need to re-export both if you change his pose.

The driver_base_pos.knh sets the position of his spine, shoulders etc. only the forearms/hands get moved by the steer animation. So you need to re-export both if you change his pose.
So I have saved both the khn and the ksanim files, but it still has the hands out of position as soon as I add the steer.ksanim file. Not sure really what could be causing this

Can't tell from the screenshots, is it totally wrong or just desynced with the steering wheel? Like, you turn 180 degrees and his hands go 270 degrees and that's why they don't line up?

Can't tell from the screenshots, is it totally wrong or just desynced with the steering wheel? Like, you turn 180 degrees and his hands go 270 degrees and that's why they don't line up?
The hands turn fine, but they are out of sync with the steering wheel, like if the animation when exported took a different steer=0º point of the animation. The driver_base_pos.knh works fine, but as soon as the steer animation is added the position of the hands changes to the one seen on the screenshot

Ok, I now have it working, but the animation acts like the steering wheel is on an angle. To fix this, do I have to redo the entire animation or it is simply a matter of changing the pivot orientation of one of the dummies
?

Hi! Just wondering. I've tried to test some AI settings by handing over control over to the AI. But every time I pres CTRL+C, the car comes to a stop and doesn't move.
I haven't seen many info regarding this feature either. How does this mode work?

Last edited:
Hi! Just wondering. I've tried to test some AI settings by handing over control over to the AI. But every time I pres CTRL+C, the car comes to a stop and doesn't move.
I haven't seen many info regarding this feature either. How does this mode work?
I think you need to set the car to auto shifting first.

Hi! Hopefully this is the last time I have to ask things here for now. I guess I have plenty of dumb questions :laugh:. I'm having plenty of issues creating skins for my car. I flatten the UV maps and use Mudbox to simplify the process. But no matter what I do there are always polygons I haven't picked up and then it is a mess painting, as there are areas that don't work properly. I tried doing manual unwraps, flattening the map, normalizing the map, but nothing seems to work.
Those who have created a car from scratch, what would you say is the best method to map the surface in order to create a skin? Are there any tutorials which I should look at? (The ones I found have sadly not been very useful)
Best regards and thank you to everyone who has helped me so far

Hi! Hopefully this is the last time I have to ask things here for now. I guess I have plenty of dumb questions :laugh:. I'm having plenty of issues creating skins for my car. I flatten the UV maps and use Mudbox to simplify the process. But no matter what I do there are always polygons I haven't picked up and then it is a mess painting, as there are areas that don't work properly. I tried doing manual unwraps, flattening the map, normalizing the map, but nothing seems to work.
Those who have created a car from scratch, what would you say is the best method to map the surface in order to create a skin? Are there any tutorials which I should look at? (The ones I found have sadly not been very useful)
Best regards and thank you to everyone who has helped me so far
I think there really isn't much you can do except manually settings seams and exporting again and again until it just works. It needs practice.

so it's about... 3dsimEd...

I'm trying to remove that annoying 65k limit of ksEditor when working on things, like, trees.

example of said annoyance :
1600613930015.png

3dsimEd doesn't seem to care when importing a FBX.
Now i'm wondering if it can get materials from the ini file ?

1600613995110.png

(don't get teased too much by the file name :))

Last edited:
I don't know the context (I know PCH ofcourse), so excuse me for saying the obvious.
Can't you just export those trees the proper way via ksEditor? The 65k limit is object-based, not scene-based.

Last edited:
I don't know the context (I know PCH ofcourse), so excuse me for saying the obvious.
Can't you just export those trees the proper way via ksEditor? The 65k limit is object-based, not scene-based.
oh i can, so far i don't have a choice actually :)
but removing the 65k would allow for more freedom of splitting objects to match 65k vertices etc.

oh i can, so far i don't have a choice actually :)
but removing the 65k would allow for more freedom of splitting objects to match 65k vertices etc.
I've come up with this problem too, sadly I don't think there's a way to remove. When dealing with stuff like trees, split it in sections. Instead of 1 large object with all the trees, you have 2 smaller objects. That's enough to get it working on ksEditor

some people are working their way out of 3dSimed to change car parts and so on.
How do they keep the textures in ?

if you manually do stuff, there are options... but missing transparency for example or cast shadow etc.
see below :

1600622649428.png

@off on i know it all too well :p
covering 100+ km of trees and bushes for LAC was a pain for that reason...

Last edited:
Hi all! This is not an issue with my car for a change, but instead the issue is with a track. This track https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/drift-track-racing-layouts.35986/

So I'm having a couple of issues. The most obvious is the AI freaking out at the start. It is very slow and erratic.
Those who have far more experience creating track paths. To solve the start issues,what can I do? Add AI hints? Maybe record the AI line with different settings? All help will be appreciated as all AI tutorials I have found don't cover the issues I'm facing.:thumbsup:

The AI in the mod is the AI with these issues, so you can test it for yourself and see what might be wrong

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.