AC Modding Questions Thread

You'll have to make each frame of the animation it's own "screen" in the texture. So instead of having one image for each different logo on the screen, you'd have an image for each frame of the animation in your texture. :)

If you want it to be a bit more "screen-like" you could also add a bit of a bump map that gives the impression of the 'screen door' effect, and don't forget to make the surface emissive in the config file!

On another forum (forget where) I saw someone do exactly that to great effect. I'll be doing the same when I get around to adding jumbotrons to my circuit, too.

Okay after playing around it for hour or so.

I am getting some where...I think :roflmao:

I created horizontal texture with T and T apart than every 256 pixels horizontally letter will be added between.

I still haven't calculated the pixel calculation correctly. And animation is too fast.

Maybe Ilja will add better solution later on.

It seems super tedious to make one simple add.

View attachment 390035

[warning, this post is a rant]

Does anyone know What this error means? Everything works in CM Showroom, but any attempt to start AC showroom or race producs this Error messge and otherwise clean log.
Note, I will be away for a few days, so I will not respond for a while.

P.S., I had hard time finding the dumb questions thread, so had to post here instead :)

Thanks for the suggestions! I finally fixed the problem, using good old fault-tracing. Turns out the "NOT FOUND!!!" error was referring to a missing LODs. But the real issue is that Assetto Corsa does not recognize ";" as a commenting symbol when it is used in front of a new line or something.

So basically I was convinced that all my .ini files are perfectly prepared with everything that I do not use yet being nicely commented out, but in fact the game was trying to load [LOD_1] even with-out reading any filename for .kn5 file. End result - unintelligible error message and clean Log file.

I am getting close to releasing the 0.1alpha version to hopefully start a community effort around this car.

Hi, can anyone help me? I downloaded few mods, actually Supra.
from this video.

I'm playing on Controller, i have strange issues with gearbox, "RPMS" it's always red, automatic gearbox is not working also car not accelerating properly, only with manual, with original cars it's working fine, can someone help me?
Video -

Hi, can anyone help me? I downloaded few mods, actually Supra.
from this video.

I'm playing on Controller, i have strange issues with gearbox, "RPMS" it's always red, automatic gearbox is not working also car not accelerating properly, only with manual, with original cars it's working fine, can someone help me?
Video -
well, its a badly made mod. Automatic shifting has probably not been set up correctly, shift point higher than rev limit. Mod creator could help you. Or you could do it yourself with CM and scavenge through the data.acd file or folder (whatever it has)

well, its a badly made mod. Automatic shifting has probably not been set up correctly, shift point higher than rev limit. Mod creator could help you. Or you could do it yourself with CM and scavenge through the data.acd file or folder (whatever it has)
Thanks! Will wait for G29 then :)

Some cars (like the Kunos cars and mods like the Dodge Monaco) have plates that you can customize in CM Showroom and some don't (like A3DR's and many others). What makes a car's plates customizable? I thought it was just the material and texture names, but some cars with noncustomizable plates have the same names as customizeable ones.

Where is that .ini usually located? (I'm working on a massive pack of configurable license plates to release and it would be nice to have more cars with the feature)

Hey, long time reader, first time poster here.

Been slowly making a little baby prototype for random endurance races and was looking at adding a hybrid system to it. Though struggling to find any documentation on adding even a basic system to the car.

Tried to look at the McLaren P1 thinking that would be a good starting point to learn the implementation but can't seem to figure out how to get it work.

Any help is appreciated.

Hello RD Community!

*ASKING FOR EXPERIENCE*

Let me explain my situation
Im working in a car design studio based in Munich as an Exterior designer. We're planning to do a company summer celebration inviting clients and potential customers. We want to show two of our internal showcars in Virtual Reality (already done) as well as make them drivable in AC.

The Design Geometry I'm unfortunately unable to publicly post but we are under quite some time preassure (first week of September).

Since im the only one in our Company having somewhat of an experience in AC I got the job to make the cars drivable. And it turns out to be a lot more complex than expected.

I have done a few basic tutorials but keep running into very time consuming issues already. So I thought getting an expert in who can work more efficiently will help us out.

Im quite experienced in 3d Modelling, recently working with blender but new to modding, so I assume there wouldbe a lot more future issues coming up during this process for me.
The Car geometry Is created in Autodesk Alias but will be ported to Blender (or any wanted software/format) for modding.

Starting point: 3d model, vision from our team
Requested Result: 1-3 Drivable models ( depending on how long it takes) with electric car sounds (similar to formula Lithium mod) and carry over physics, ready to race.

So if anybody around here is very experienced and wants to earn some extra Bucks, hit me up va PM and be ready for some intense discord/skype working sessions!

looking forward and thanks in advance!

Best wishes,
Max

(Sorry for double Posting to this thread already, https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/the-what-are-you-working-on-thread.126119/page-526 , I wasn't shure which topic was the correct one)

Last edited:
Hello RD Community!

*ASKING FOR EXPERIENCE*

Let me explain my situation
Im working in a car design studio based in Munich as an Exterior designer. We're planning to do a company summer celebration inviting clients and potential customers. We want to show two of our internal showcars in Virtual Reality (already done) as well as make them drivable in AC.

The Design Geometry I'm unfortunately unable to publicly post but we are under quite some time preassure (first week of September).

Since im the only one in our Company having somewhat of an experience in AC I got the job to make the cars drivable. And it turns out to be a lot more complex than expected.

I have done a few basic tutorials but keep running into very time consuming issues already. So I thought getting an expert in who can work more efficiently will help us out.

Im quite experienced in 3d Modelling, recently working with blender but new to modding, so I assume there wouldbe a lot more future issues coming up during this process for me.
The Car geometry Is created in Autodesk Alias but will be ported to Blender (or any wanted software/format) for modding.

Starting point: 3d model, vision from our team
Requested Result: 1-3 Drivable models ( depending on how long it takes) with electric car sounds (similar to formula Lithium mod) and custom physics, ready to race.

So if anybody around here is very experienced and wants to earn some extra Bucks, hit me up va PM and be ready for some intense discord/skype working sessions!

looking forward and thanks in advance!

Best wishes,
Max

(Sorry for double Posting to this thread already, https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/the-what-are-you-working-on-thread.126119/page-526 , I wasn't shure which topic was the correct one)
I'm not interested in doing it, but from my experience with a similar commission I got a few questions that may narrow down your requirements:

Is the model really 100% finished? Are there any chances you suddenly send over a revision like on the 31st?

What do you mean with custom physics? Do you have developed suspension for the car? Developing completely new suspension from scratch in just two weeks is ...only for the experienced. Same with sound.

Will this be used only onsite on that exhibition or do you plan on offering these for download somewhere?

There's a huge difference between cobbling your model onto some other car's physics and sound, or creating those new.

I'm not interested in doing it, but from my experience with a similar commission I got a few questions that may narrow down your requirements:

Is the model really 100% finished? Are there any chances you suddenly send over a revision like on the 31st?

What do you mean with custom physics? Do you have developed suspension for the car? Developing completely new suspension from scratch in just two weeks is ...only for the experienced. Same with sound.

Will this be used only onsite on that exhibition or do you plan on offering these for download somewhere?

There's a huge difference between cobbling your model onto some other car's physics and sound, or creating those new.

Thanks for the reply!

The model will never be published online or released, its solely used during the exhibition.

I corrected my wording on the original post, I meant physics taken from another car, but the sound needs to be electric, thats the only hard requirement.

The Model it self is finished for design visualisation yes, but can be adapted quite wuickly during the process if a lack of detail in certain area is found.

Only basic animation is needed, (steering wheel, wheels, tires) no wipers, no doors nothing fancy.

I'd probbably be able to do that within a few days of research and trial and error but its jusst too inefficient to do for a newbie during work. so somebody experienced would be much faster.

The only real problem I see is the sound since there are no electric cars in stock AC.

any further advice?

Cheers

Hi, any suggestions on the sequence how to make LODs? and especially Hi/Lo-rez cockpit?

Basically do you make the most advanced, detailed model first and then simplify it back to lower levels of detail, or do you just save intermediate 3D geometry before you added the additional detail?

Hi, any suggestions on the sequence how to make LODs? and especially Hi/Lo-rez cockpit?

Basically do you make the most advanced, detailed model first and then simplify it back to lower levels of detail, or do you just save intermediate 3D geometry before you added the additional detail?
Make the high, then the low ;)
Call me crazy but...
Removing edges is pretty fun and addictive

I do highest first, then lowest. Then the middle ones are based on the high detail model.

Highest is the one that needs texture/UV to fit it perfectly so you need to do it before you can final UV the other lods anyway.

There are some final touches on the high lod that I would do after the lods though, like if I have to apply a mirror modifier and stitch something in (eg. non-symmetrical fuel filler) Really don't want to make an lod out of a mesh with the mirror applied, twice as much work for the same result.

Is anyone familiar with setting up digital flags? The CSP wiki is basically empty. There are some tracks that use it, but I haven't seen it work.

Same applies for wet track settings. I've never seen a wet road, but CSP has all the stuff in the track configs..

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back