AC Modding Questions Thread

I think you have windows hiding file extensions and it's misleading you; that's not an fbx file, it's a .fbx.ini file which is used by kseditor but doesn't contain the 3d model.

kseditor is also not used to create textures, only to assign existing textures (in that texture folder) to the model.

Last edited:
I could use some help with AI lines and AI hints. I just started making them, got the AI line helper app, watched Esotic's tutorials. Still confused about how to use AI hints. AI hints, you make the AI slower where they tend to crash, and make them faster where they go to slow, right? As for the brake hints, I don't really understand how to use that, would appreciate some explanation. I found an explanation as to what it does, but don't understand how to use it. And the danger thing, I have no clue about that so if someone could explain that would be nice. Tried googling, lots of posts about it but didn't find one that really explains them.

Track I'm working on is Black Cat County btw. I kinda like it but the AI is a complete disaster there. Already improved their laptimes by several seconds just by adjusting some of the AI hints that cause utterly bizarre behavior at the downhill hairpin near the end, but needs some more refinement.

I'm trying to have some mesh with its normals pointed upwards in Blender.
I know the Edit Normal modifier, and I understand I can assign a target at which the normals would point. That sort of works. But in the process it looses face orientation 'data'. Parts of the mesh are flipped while others aren't. Also ideally I'd want parallel normals, but that results in most of the mesh being flipped.
Is there any way to do this like you'd do in 3DSMax, where it just works as you'd expect? :p

Probably easiest option is using the DataTransfer modifier, set to Face Corner Data (nearest corner probably fine for this purpose) and custom normals, and the source just being a plane that faces up. You can use a vertex group to pick which vertices it affects.

This modifier's only applied in object mode so it's sometimes a bit of back and forth to get it set up.

Last edited:
Pretty sure this is a simple fix, but I can't seem to find the root of the issue. Any suggestions?
Capture.PNG

Hi guys, was wondering if the Volvo B7TL ALX400 bus mod is available in Assetto Corsa Competizione? Have only ever seen the mod running in the standard AC. Haven't bought either games yet.

Good day guys
I move my very firsts steps into the 3d modding, so I imported one rim in blender 2.9, which I have only few hours experience, make the changes and exported...result.
YJhuhE.jpg

Now I know theres an issue with the scale, but how I fix this?

Thanks Stereo, that did the trick, but now the rim blus doesnt work, the blur rim mesh is overlayed to the still one, while the car not moving.

I just exported a kunos rim, edit it and swapped, shouldnt be already all set?
Seem the thing is more complicate than I expecting.

you have to hide them in the kseditor and then mention the object names in the car's blurred objects ini.

How, and where I find objects.ini?

Sorry I'm a total noob, have some patience :)

Last edited:
For an existing car it'll already have the ini prepared and your object names just need to be the same as they started.
All the same, just altered the shape of the rim and changed it in 3dsimed (Iknow i know) just for some personal use, but the blur thing doesnt work properly.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 159 87.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 30 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 26 14.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 54 29.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 67 36.8%