AC Modding Questions Thread

Is anyone familiar with setting up digital flags? The CSP wiki is basically empty. There are some tracks that use it, but I haven't seen it work.

Same applies for wet track settings. I've never seen a wet road, but CSP has all the stuff in the track configs..
Road America 1.0 has both, digital flags are easy to setup, just need to make sure the right lut is there

I've looked at RA ones (and indeed they look simple), but for some reason I don't see them work. I'll have a look again.
Yellow flags dont seem to last long enough in game, I always find that its all clear by the time I get to a caution light panel lol

Sometimes DEBUG = 1 is useful for testing, but not sure if it applies to these types of light conditions

Yellow flags are weird in AC, yeah.. I tested for blue flags, but RA's LUT doesn't include blue flags so makes sense why I didn't see anything. I edited it and that works fine now. :roflmao:
Now, when I copy this over to my track, altering the mesh name ofcourse, the "flag" just stays pure white, regardless of what flags are waved. I've tried editing all values, see what does what, but nothing makes a difference.
I've tried DXT1 no alpha, DXT1 alpha and DXT5 dds files, no difference.

Okay, got the culprit now.
Because I use
Code:
[INCLUDE]
INCLUDE = common/conditions.ini
it uses the standard values from
Code:
[CONDITION_...]
NAME = RACING_FLAG
which is included in the common conditions.ini
I renamed that and it works just fine :coffee:

quick question:
i made this AI line for this track i'm working on. it works with all modes except when the cars start the race on grid slots, tending to veer off the track and slam into the pitwall. any way to make them not slam into the wall.
Problem.png

(problem is most noticeable with the red GT40 on the example image. notice the front wheels pointing towards the wall.)

Edit: Nevermind, i discovered a fix. turns out the Auto-generated track limits were wrong. so i gotta use the AI helper tool to force them to go right.

Last edited:
quick question:
i made this AI line for this track i'm working on. it works with all modes except when the cars start the race on grid slots, tending to veer off the track and slam into the pitwall. any way to make them not slam into the wall.View attachment 401645
(problem is most noticeable with the red GT40 on the example image. notice the front wheels pointing towards the wall.)

Edit: Nevermind, i discovered a fix. turns out the Auto-generated track limits were wrong. so i gotta use the AI helper tool to force them to go right.
Usually the bit of ground where the pitwall is on is not valid track. So make that invalid to prevent future problems.
Alternative to the AI line helper you can then re-record the AI line (so the tracklimits are re-adjusted).

If you're making your own track, I find the best way to define your boundaries is to export the left and right edges as .CSV files from Blender / 3ds max. That way, you have complete control over the edges, and are able to pull them in slightly in more technical sections, or areas that are giving the AI problems.

Here's a dumb one: How do I get flowers in the CSP grass? I can't see anything in particular in the configs that I can identify.
See the custom textures section. (link)
On those tracks with flowers you're likely to find them using that highlands texture that comes with csp, which then can be used to pick flowers from it by grid coords.

Hi all! Having issues with the WB data, the points that need to be defined. I have those points IRL, but I'm not sure how to put them in the suspensions.ini file. With respect of what point are these points defined? The wheel center, the 0,0,0 coordinate of the 3D model?
Thank you for the help

Hi all! Having issues with the WB data, the points that need to be defined. I have those points IRL, but I'm not sure how to put them in the suspensions.ini file. With respect of what point are these points defined? The wheel center, the 0,0,0 coordinate of the 3D model?
Thank you for the help
It's relative to the wheel center. (+x towards centerline of car, +y up, +z forward)
There is this cool guy over here who explains everything: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...d-tip-database-in-3rd-post.11408/#post-176943 :)

Captura.PNG

I keep getting this error when trying to use a car I'm working on, It's very frustrating, changed a bunch of dummies in 3dsmax, still there. The model loads perfectly fine in cm showroom. Please help me if you can, I'm going crazy.

View attachment 404356
I keep getting this error when trying to use a car I'm working on, It's very frustrating, changed a bunch of dummies in 3dsmax, still there. The model loads perfectly fine in cm showroom. Please help me if you can, I'm going crazy.
what's in your mirrors.ini? Try deleting every line in it.

Same with every other ini file that references certain objects that you may have changed, check them

Right. I may have a small issue. When I enter CM showroom, it loads up fine. But when I press Q to see the position of the wheels, my wheels become gigantic... Any ideas why?

Edit: Fixed it. It was the dummies
__custom_showroom_1599494056.jpg

__custom_showroom_1599494373.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering