AC Modding Questions Thread

Just realised it has the same material name as one in the main KN5, but it's not setup the same in the editor. That's probably the issue. In the interests of optimization I'll move that into the main KN5 file anyways at some point so it's probably a moot point.

2020-07-19 EB110GT halfway in game the error.jpg

[warning, this post is a rant]

Does anyone know What this error means? Everything works in CM Showroom, but any attempt to start AC showroom or race producs this Error messge and otherwise clean log.
Note, I will be away for a few days, so I will not respond for a while.

P.S., I had hard time finding the dumb questions thread, so had to post here instead :)

Does anyone know What this error means? Everything works in CM Showroom, but any attempt to start AC showroom or race producs this Error messge and otherwise clean log.
Note, I will be away for a few days, so I will not respond for a while.

P.S., I had hard time finding the dumb questions thread, so had to post here instead :)
Is this scratch made EB110 GT? Because it has side windows. The one that can be found on the net isnt true GT, its just ripped SS with some minor visual modifications.

Two questions:

1) is it possible to have a track surface make a call to a track's bank file, or a seperate wav file or anything?
Before FMOD (way back..) a wav file would work. I've tried a lot but nothing works.

2) is it possible to have LED boards on track to display either laps left or time left? If needed with a pyhton app, that's not difficult to set up, but if that can be linked to a track texture much like on cars, that'd be cool.

I've tried to contact Ilja for a suggestion but to no avail.

Two questions:

1) is it possible to have a track surface make a call to a track's bank file, or a seperate wav file or anything?
Before FMOD (way back..) a wav file would work. I've tried a lot but nothing works.

2) is it possible to have LED boards on track to display either laps left or time left? If needed with a pyhton app, that's not difficult to set up, but if that can be linked to a track texture much like on cars, that'd be cool.

I've tried to contact Ilja for a suggestion but to no avail.
1) anything to do with custom track sounds at the moment... is all proximity related.

2) Gunnar figured out a working digital clock, but that's about it. Laps left is a definitely no at the moment.

Does anybody know how to make a dynamic tire texture like in RSS Formula Hybrid?

I'm trying to edit another car to change the tire texture depending on the selected compound. But I can't find any info or a tutorial about dynamic textures.

Does anybody know how to make a dynamic tire texture like in RSS Formula Hybrid?

I'm trying to edit another car to change the tire texture depending on the selected compound. But I can't find any info or a tutorial about dynamic textures.

It requires an ext_config.ini set up for your new textures. Grab one of the real tire mods for thr VRC Indycars or RSS cars for a good example how to execute it for a particular livery :)

Is there way to use stFlow shader to make animated TV screen?

Basically want to make tv screen that has ad that is animated.

Anyone know if there is tutorial anywhere or someone managed to figure it out?

Or even if there is some mod track that I can look how its done.

@Please Stop This

thanks!

works great.

View attachment 393581

would it be possible to create some way ad that comes together as animation.

like lets say DHL letters are far apart and they float together to make DHL.

pretty much gif like movement.

You'll have to make each frame of the animation it's own "screen" in the texture. So instead of having one image for each different logo on the screen, you'd have an image for each frame of the animation in your texture. :)

If you want it to be a bit more "screen-like" you could also add a bit of a bump map that gives the impression of the 'screen door' effect, and don't forget to make the surface emissive in the config file!

On another forum (forget where) I saw someone do exactly that to great effect. I'll be doing the same when I get around to adding jumbotrons to my circuit, too.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.