AC: Formula Championship

Apps AC: Formula Championship ALPHA-v0.2.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
I am having an issue where I can't launch the app. This shows up: View attachment 638308and the problem is that I have the newest version of Java, and as you have said before I don't have 2 installs of java either. It seems like a really cool app, but no matter what I do I can't get it working. :/
This points to an issue with Java.
You can check if Java is correctly linked to the system by opening a command prompt or terminal and typing

echo %JAVA_HOME%

The terminal should return with a file path like: C:/Users/<user>/program files/java
If it returns %JAVA_HOME% you will need point your pc to the installation location of java.
  • To set JAVA_HOME, do the following:
    1. Right click My Computer and select Properties.
    2. On the Advanced tab, select Environment Variables, and then edit JAVA_HOME to point to where the JDK software is located, for example, C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02.
If the JAVA_HOME path points to the java installation folder, it is something else preventing you from running Java.

Run the Program as an Administrator
Often, this specific JVM launcher error happens due to a lack of permissions. If you haven't enabled Java to access admin privileges or to run as an administrator, the JVM can't launch.
In the /bin folder inside your Java installation directory you can find the Java.exe.
Right click and go to properties
Switch to the compatibility tab
Enable the Run the Program as an Administrator under Settings secition
Click Apply and save the settings.

Hope this has helped you run it it any way.
If not, check to see if you can get the program running via a terminal leave another comment and I will take another look.
To run it via a terminal in windows. Open the folder and press ALT+D. Then type in cmd and press enter.

Afterwards type in:
java "AC Formula Championship.jar"
and press enter.
See what the terminal says and paste it in a comment.

Last edited:
This points to an issue with Java.
You can check if Java is correctly linked to the system by opening a command prompt or terminal and typing

echo %JAVA_HOME%

If the terminal returns with a file path (ex. C:/Users/<user>/program files/java)
If it returns %JAVA_HOME% you will need point your pc to the installation location of java.
  • To set JAVA_HOME, do the following:
    1. Right click My Computer and select Properties.
    2. On the Advanced tab, select Environment Variables, and then edit JAVA_HOME to point to where the JDK software is located, for example, C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02.
If the JAVA_HOME path points to the java installation folder, it is something else preventing you from running Java.

Run the Program as an Administrator
Often, this specific JVM launcher error happens due to a lack of permissions. If you haven't enabled Java to access admin privileges or to run as an administrator, the JVM can't launch.
In the /bin folder inside your Java installation directory you can find the Java.exe.
Switch to the compatibility tab
Enable the Run the Program as an Administrator under Settings secition
Click Apply and save the settings.

Hope this has helped you run it it any way.
If not, check to see if you can get the program running via a terminal leave another comment and I will take another look.
To run it via a terminal in windows. Open the folder and press ALT+D. Then type in cmd and press enter.

Afterwards type in:
java "AC Formula Championship.jar"
and press enter.
See what the terminal says and paste it in a comment.
I tried what you said and I thank you a lot for your answer, but I somehow still am not able to launch it, so I will install it again and here is the result from the command center:
1675882899067.png

View attachment 638369This shows up now idk what any of it really means.
Hate to say it. But this error only shows up if the java version you're running is outdated.

This error tells me that Windows is trying to open the app with Java version 8. But the app is built for and with Java version 11 and higher.
To fix this, you can uninstall older versions of Java with the tool made by Java found here: https://www.java.com/en/download/uninstalltool.jsp
If the problem persists after uninstalling the outdated java. Uninstall all java instances on your pc.
This guide from Java tells you how to do it: https://www.java.com/en/uninstall/uninstall_instructions.html#Windows 10.

and install Java version 17 found here: https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/downloads/.

Hate to say it. But this error only shows up if the java version you're running is outdated.

This error tells me that Windows is trying to open the app with Java version 8. But the app is built for and with Java version 11 and higher.
To fix this, you can uninstall older versions of Java with the tool made by Java found here: https://www.java.com/en/download/uninstalltool.jsp
If the problem persists after uninstalling the outdated java. Uninstall all java instances on your pc.
This guide from Java tells you how to do it: https://www.java.com/en/uninstall/uninstall_instructions.html#Windows 10.

and install Java version 17 found here: https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/downloads/.
Ty iI will try it, its weird tho because my java said it was up to date, also I found no other instance of java. Thank you anyway! :)

1675891981580.png
It worked, ty!

I have an issue, if i try to continue from this screen it just does nothing, its not frozen or crashing just nothing happens.

View attachment 638380
This is because the folder file name. The easiest way I found to create a car for each team, that the app can properly read is using the car tuner application made by Victor_
You can find it here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/assetto-corsa-car-tuner.13946/
Make sure you don't rename the folder after it was created by the Car Tuner.

Tutorial image explaining how to do this:
1675894597843.png

You can find the full app tutorial here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/alpha-v0-1-75135019

This is because the folder file name. The easiest way I found to create a car for each team, that the app can properly read is using the car tuner application made by Victor_
You can find it here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/assetto-corsa-car-tuner.13946/
Make sure you don't rename the folder after it was created by the Car Tuner.

Tutorial image explaining how to do this:
View attachment 638383

You can find the full app tutorial here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/alpha-v0-1-75135019
Sadly it did not work either still stuck on the 10th team's page. This time with the car folders correct.

Sadly it did not work either still stuck on the 10th team's page. This time with the car folders correct.
Make sure that if you use the "browse" button. You don't open up each teams folder, only the parent /cars/ folder which holds all of assetto corsa's cars.

If you have done this correctly (selected the /cars/ folder) and the issue still persists. I'll check it out personally.
The save files are saved to your local home folder.
The "Documents" folder in Windows or the "/home" folder for Linux/MacOS.

There should be a folder called "AC Cardev save data" which holds the save data for the app.
If you could send me the broken save folder I might be able to find the issue and resolve it in a hotfix. You can send these files however you like. (zip it and throw it on a google-drive or Mediafire or something like that)
Then if you send me the link in a dm I'll take a look at it.

Sorry for all these issues. First-Alpha and all that

Make sure that if you use the "browse" button. You don't open up each teams folder, only the parent /cars/ folder which holds all of assetto corsa's cars.

If you have done this correctly (selected the /cars/ folder) and the issue still persists. I'll check it out personally.
The save files are saved to your local home folder.
The "Documents" folder in Windows or the "/home" folder for Linux/MacOS.

There should be a folder called "AC Cardev save data" which holds the save data for the app.
If you could send me the broken save folder I might be able to find the issue and resolve it in a hotfix. You can send these files however you like. (zip it and throw it on a google-drive or Mediafire or something like that)
Then if you send me the link in a dm I'll take a look at it.

Sorry for all these issues. First-Alpha and all that
Its all good about the problems, I understand it is a alpha and some of it is likely my own fault. I did do the cars folder correctly (it was correct from the start.) So ill test some more tommorow by myself. And if it still persists while trying maybe, fewer cars etc ill send u the Save game.

Its all good about the problems, I understand it is a alpha and some of it is likely my own fault. I did do the cars folder correctly (it was correct from the start.) So ill test some more tommorow by myself. And if it still persists while trying maybe, fewer cars etc ill send u the Save game.
For some reason, I could boot up the app and enter the save and it works, this means there might just be a fault with the continue bottom.

Also I now have an issue where the Mercedes and Rebull cars don't ever leave the pits to set any laps. I thought that was kinda wierd tbh might be a game issue though.
1675934828034.png

EDIT: Fixed it, but lost all my car upgrade :/

Last edited:
Uhhhmmmmmmmmn I think you can see the issue here...
1675942230011.png

EDIT: I am now in game and it does not seem to change performance :).

EDIT 2: I saw that in the factory there are pages for Areo, Engine, Chassis, (car break.) do you know when these will open up, they seem really cool. Mainly though, I have an issue where already my car is racing the rev limiter, so if you could in the future add a gearbox upgrade maybe in the engine tab.

Last edited:
devilsheaven503 updated AC: Formula Championship with a new update entry:

Final phase Alpha-v0.2: AI, Playtesting, and Balance.

The next update featuring: Facilities, Research & Development, the WInd-tunnel, and private testing, is nearing completion!

Now in the final stages of the update I will be playtesting and balancing the app during the next week. Making sure that along the season development will feel balanced and fun.

This AI will be put to the test for the next week as well. Making sure all the difficulties feel correct and making sure the AI won't break along the way.

You can read the full write up here...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I've put the folder in Assetto Corsa main folder, but at the end of the championship setup it get stuck, if I press on continue nothing happens.

I already tried everything you wrote before

Also tried to create a championship with random names and only 3 teams and 2 races and it works, I used random cars instead of the one I wanted to. (Assetto Corsa Grand Prix 2022)

Last edited:
Uhhhmmmmmmmmn I think you can see the issue here...
View attachment 638520
EDIT: I am now in game and it does not seem to change performance :).

EDIT 2: I saw that in the factory there are pages for Areo, Engine, Chassis, (car break.) do you know when these will open up, they seem really cool. Mainly though, I have an issue where already my car is racing the rev limiter, so if you could in the future add a gearbox upgrade maybe in the engine tab.
Huh yeah that is not supposed to happen...
A lot of issues I figured out came from the new team creation window.
These issues have been fixed in the upcoming Alpha-v0.2 update. But unfortunately it required a full rework of the code for that window and that code has been integrated with Alpha-v0.2 too much to deconstruct and create a hotfix for this issue.

Engine and Gearbox are planned for Alpha-v0.4. Which will also feature Engine failures as seen in the F1 game. A set number of engines per season and in-game engine penalties are theoretically possible but will probably require a lot of work. But its an idea Ill explore when the time comes.

But coming back to your issues. The script that sets the cars to their starting stats is kinda very badly written (lol). And when you are creating all the teams and some info is not set correctly or missing . The script that scales the car gets very confused. If you then try again by creating a new season with the same created cars and the car scaler runs over them again it messes up a lot more. As seen in your screenshot this script can break pretty hard which is why it and the new-team window required a full code rewrite.

I am still testing the new solution but I have not been able to break it yet.

Last edited:
I've put the folder in Assetto Corsa main folder, but at the end of the championship setup it get stuck, if I press on continue nothing happens.

I already tried everything you wrote before

Also tried to create a championship with random names and only 3 teams and 2 races and it works, I used random cars instead of the one I wanted to. (Assetto Corsa Grand Prix 2022)
I Fixed my problem by using Car Tuner, now I'm stuck here
1676290196151.png

I press start session, load in session as track day with all the field, end the session and nothing happens, I'm using Content Manager to play AC, do these apps works together? I have to use the vanilla AC?

Edit- I also tried to check "skip pre-season testing" and nothing changes.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 22 12.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 22 12.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 61 34.5%
  • Saturday

Votes: 99 55.9%