New in update:
Porsche Boxster S with Porsche GT3 RS Engine:
- Tunes no longer replace the stock car. Tunes will now be a selectable upgrade in-game.
- However this means that every time you make a new tune you will have to go to "general settings" and click "clear car preview cache" for them to appear in-game, or simply restart the game (just use "clear car preview cache" it is must faster).
- UI has been slightly updated, you no longer have to click install tune or save tune, only click apply if you have made any changes in "Basic Tuning", "Advanced Tuning" still saves automatically.
- You should now be able to create tunes of modded cars who have a data folder and not a data.acd file.
- Many have reported that in some cases Engine Swaps do not give the car more power. Try turning off traction control and report back.
Video by Kajot2111
If you make a cool video using a tune made with this tool, send it to me and I'll put it up here.
Assetto Corsa Car Tuner:
This program allows you to tune any car in the game. You can do so with either "Basic Tuning" or "Advanced Tuning". Basic Tuning let's you modify preselected data like torque, turbo's, wheel drive and more! Advanced Tuning is for the more experienced tuner, and let's you mess around with the data files. Once you have made your changes, click save tune (If you used Basic Tuning click "Apply" first), then install tune to have it available in-game.
The program saves tunes as a seperate car that is selectable as an upgrade in-game, the original car is therefore not changed!
The tunes that you make do not work online, unless the tune has been installed on that server. Each player will then have to have the same tune installed for it to work.
- Unpack CarTuner.zip
- Open program by clicking the "Assetto Corsa Car Tuner.exe".
- Click "Select Assetto Corsa Folder" and a dialog window will pop up, select your Assetto Corsa install folder, it's usually under Steam/steamapps/common/.
- Select the car you wish to tune.
- Type a name for your tune in the textbox under "New Tune Name:" and click "Create New Tune". The program will automatically select the tune you just made.
- You can now modify the car using either "Basic Tuning" or "Advanced Tuning". When using "Basic Tuning" remember to click "Apply". "Advanced Tuning" let's you access the data files, any edits to these will auto save.
- Once you have made your edits simply boot up the game, and when you select the car you tuned, it should let you select upgrades, like so:
- You can do these changes while having the "Assetto Corsa Launcher" open. However, you will have to go to "general settings" and click "Clear car preview cache" for new tunes to appear. Tunes that already appear as selectable, can be modified, and the new changes should load next time you start a race.
- If you have any bugs, report them here
My program is essentially just an advanced text editor that manages files, and can make quick changes using basic tuning. To unpack the files it uses the program called QuickBMS. For ease of install the quickbms.exe file is included in the zip folder. QuickBMS however is capable of much more, check it out here:
If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to write them in a comment on this post.
Assetto Corsa Car Tuner 1.52
Tune and modify original and modded cars, including engine swaps, torque, turbo's and more!