AC+2020

Misc AC+2020 0.7b

Login or Register an account to download this content
Can you try these options in Extra FX and see how is the performance?

Even if it's taxing, does Reshade work in VR?

GKfvlTz.png
I tested with above settings Monaco66 with 10AI and it looks like this in VR. Actually in VR it looks better then after capturing and uploading to Youtube. Has some impact on graphics quality.
Sometimes you see a bit flickering but that has something todo with another CSP setting or maybe double config.ini per track (I asked that in the GTPlanet community).

Agree with @RimJobRacer and will also try the mentioned suggestions

Last edited:
Did some extra comparison "testing". For some reason (or I did not pay any attention to it yet?) FPS drops dramatically when enabling Reshade. See below test with render stats. When I push the <END> button to disable Reshade (latest version) it goes from 30FPS to 60FPS and the other way around when. Then I downgraded to CSP 1.44 and 1.43 but no changes still 30 vs 60 fps.

Hope it helps in further fine tuning AC2020? Or is the cause something else?

BTW That new McLaren 720S GT3 mod is insane!

Last edited:
A quick tip on optimization: Lightroom has a built-in LUT generator, just create a lut image which saves all the light/color changes you are doing with Lightroom currently. Then use Lut.fx and apply that LUT, it runs ~3x faster than having lightroom apply those changes in real-time, while the final images look identical. 99% of the people running this mod won't ever touch those Lightroom settings anyways, so there's no need to run it. FakeHDR.fx is nice, just have Lightroom do its job as well.

Also, SSDO and MXAO cost as much performance as Marty Mcfly's raytracing shader. That's a huge performance hit for a bit of occlusion and indirect light; Most people won't know "where to look" hence can't appreciate good AO, and will just interpret their effects as "making the image darker". Personally, these two are the first to get turned off if I want more performance. Magic bloom is also as intensive, if not more intensive than those two individually, but the bloom does look very good. Any possibility of recreating that effect with a less intensive bloom implementation?

Last edited:
A quick tip on optimization: Lightroom has a built-in LUT generator, just create a lut image which saves all the light/color changes you are doing with Lightroom currently. Then use Lut.fx and apply that LUT, it runs ~3x faster than having lightroom apply those changes in real-time, while the final images look identical. 99% of the people running this mod won't ever touch those Lightroom settings anyways, so there's no need to run it. FakeHDR.fx is nice, just have Lightroom do its job as well.

Also, SSDO and MXAO cost as much performance as Marty Mcfly's raytracing shader. That's a huge performance hit for a bit of occlusion and indirect light; Most people won't know "where to look" hence can't appreciate good AO, and will just interpret their effects as "making the image darker". Personally, these two are the first to get turned off if I want more performance. Magic bloom is also as intensive, if not more intensive than those two individually, but the bloom does look very good. Any possibility of recreating that effect with a less intensive bloom implementation?

You can put a bit less of the temporal anti alias ( i am at 80 % instead of 100 ) , the anti alias , is a big part of the performance as well

going back to this magic bloom , we all like the effect it is producing but only toward the environment , more precisely the glow effect you have from the sky looks super realistic , I do not like the way this magic bloom is working though as it is making a glow around everything intensive bright part of the picture , you can notice a bit around a part of the body of car , it is white and reflected by the sun , you will see this glow effect , and same on bright items from the environment ...

ideally , I don t know if it will be possible , but I would code this magic bloom or " glow effect " on the hdr of the sky only , and no where else .

I am missing as well a bit of flare effects in the night ^^ this is my opinion !

Thanks for the ideas. The current 0.3b version already has SSDO and MXAO removed (too taxing for most people) and the MagicBloom+AmbientLight effects recreated in a single less taxing bloom that doesn't bleed the skies' blue.

Will release next week I think.

I have tested in VR and it does not affect the image at all, but it does affect frame rate.

So for VR it NEEDS to be disable as it is completely redundant, but uses GPU/CPU resources.

What I would suggest Is that we should share time / dates / weather settings when we find/post images of great looking conditions.

Because in some conditions the app looks a little poor, and when you find a great time / day / weather setting for a specific track we should share them so others can create a CM profile for that track etc.

I think resource of images, followed by the settings to reproduce it would be truly beneficial to everyone.

I think a list of tracks / dates / times / settings with pictures etc would be a fantastic, to allow users to recreate the images seen in the advertising video would be really appreciated.

Other than that, I have no issue, I think it’s beautifully executed and it works well with CM Extra FX!

What I would suggest, is if you are using extra fx disable SSLR and HBAO and in the Reshade menu disable MXAO as it causes some artefacts with the TAA from extra FX.

With ExtraFX enable it looks beautiful and runs really well, very impressive.

I’d just like to see a list of ways to recreate some of the wonderful scenes set in the video (track name / date / time / weather setting etc)

It's a very good idea to share time / dates /weather settings of the images/videos to be able to recreate same conditions and debug in case of any problem.

Last edited:
if i wanted to town turn fakeHRD in the reshade by 10% how would i achieve this? Im finding its blowing ut whites a fraction too much and a 10% reduction would suit me (maybe even just 5%) is this possible?

You can put a bit less of the temporal anti alias ( i am at 80 % instead of 100 ) , the anti alias , is a big part of the performance as well

going back to this magic bloom , we all like the effect it is producing but only toward the environment , more precisely the glow effect you have from the sky looks super realistic , I do not like the way this magic bloom is working though as it is making a glow around everything intensive bright part of the picture , you can notice a bit around a part of the body of car , it is white and reflected by the sun , you will see this glow effect , and same on bright items from the environment ...

ideally , I don t know if it will be possible , but I would code this magic bloom or " glow effect " on the hdr of the sky only , and no where else .

I am missing as well a bit of flare effects in the night ^^ this is my opinion !
Indeed, at brighter times of day the glow around the brake markers/billboards are definitely not the most physically accurate. But then I went to Le Mans at night, and the glow you see when your headlights are reflected by the corner/braking markers are so close to real-life footage. That alone impressed me so much.

Btw, I literally saw zero performance gains by changing TAA sample spread from 100% to 10%. I think that setting is only to address ghosting by changing temporal weight, it's not like MASS where you literally change how many samples are taken per pixel, that's not how TAA works.(3 runs at 10% and 100% individually; less than 1fps difference each time; sometimes more fps, sometimes less)

Last edited:
Indeed, at brighter times of day the glow around the brake markers/billboards are definitely not the most physically accurate. But then I went to Le Mans at night, and the glow you see when your headlights are reflected by the corner/braking markers are so close to real-life footage. That alone impressed me so much.

Btw, I literally saw zero performance gains by changing TAA sample spread from 100% to 10%. I think that setting is only to address ghosting by changing temporal weight, it's not like MASS where you literally change how many samples are taken per pixel, that's not how TAA works.(3 runs at 10% and 100% individually; less than 1fps difference each time; sometimes more fps, sometimes less)

Without access to the engine itself, it is impossible to make a perfect bloom. For the upcoming 0.3 version the Bloom is Z based, so it will affect the skies only. So no more bad glowing in cars, markers, billboards, white houses, etc. But no more nice bloom at nights either...

TAA impact in performance is negligible. Off the top of my head, taxing features are 4K shadows, Reflections, HBAO, Motion Blur and Mip LOD Bias, because it's tied to Grass FX density.

Without access to the engine itself, it is impossible to make a perfect bloom. For the upcoming 0.3 version the Bloom is Z based, so it will affect the skies only. So no more bad glowing in cars, markers, billboards, white houses, etc. But no more nice bloom at nights either...

TAA impact in performance is negligible. Off the top of my head, taxing features are 4K shadows, Reflections, HBAO, Motion Blur and Mip LOD Bias, because it's tied to Grass FX density.
"no more nice bloom at nights" :(
Btw, at '0' LOD bias, at a distance thin objects such as trees and the transmission towers at Suzuka(https://www.fiawtcr.com/suzuka-circuit-east-course-to-challenge-wtcr-drivers-in-japan/) are rendered at half resolution? Not sure, but they appear as a grid of separated pixels; This is not unheard of, GTA5 renders distant tree at half res in a checker-board pattern. In any case, they look catastrophic and the TAA completely freaks out, I tried '-1' as well but the improvements are only marginal, so I keep it at '-2'. I did tweak the graphical settings so I'll reinstall the mod for confirmation later.
"taxing features are 4K shadows, Reflections, HBAO" Agree, I turned down the shadows and reflection resolution as well for easy fps. But compared to shadow resolution, I am more hesitant to compromise reflection resolution since the reflection on the bonnet is right in-front of your view. Most AAA games apply a blur to screen spaced specular reflections to mask the low resolution, not sure if this can be done in AC.
For motion blur do you plan of substituting the shader patch one with a reshade solution? https://github.com/Mortalitas/GShade-Shaders/blob/master/Shaders/TAA.fx this is included in the mod but not used, is it any good?

"no more nice bloom at nights" :(
Btw, at '0' LOD bias, at a distance thin objects such as trees and the transmission towers at Suzuka(https://www.fiawtcr.com/suzuka-circuit-east-course-to-challenge-wtcr-drivers-in-japan/) are rendered at half resolution? Not sure, but they appear as a grid of separated pixels; This is not unheard of, GTA5 renders distant tree at half res in a checker-board pattern. In any case, they look catastrophic and the TAA completely freaks out, I tried '-1' as well but the improvements are only marginal, so I keep it at '-2'. I did tweak the graphical settings so I'll reinstall the mod for confirmation later.
"taxing features are 4K shadows, Reflections, HBAO" Agree, I turned down the shadows and reflection resolution as well for easy fps. But compared to shadow resolution, I am more hesitant to compromise reflection resolution since the reflection on the bonnet is right in-front of your view. Most AAA games apply a blur to screen spaced specular reflections to mask the low resolution, not sure if this can be done in AC.
For motion blur do you plan of substituting the shader patch one with a reshade solution? https://github.com/Mortalitas/GShade-Shaders/blob/master/Shaders/TAA.fx this is included in the mod but not used, is it any good?

There has to be some compromise. I'm gonna try some other stuff for bloom so the loss is minimal, but the important thing is not having white billboards, white cars, white houses, etc. glowing in daylight. That totally breaks immersion.

I think Mip LOD Bias -1 to -2 should be ok-ish. -4 can tank your framerate.

The motion blur in CSP is very good, it just needs some bugfixing, and Ilja (the author) is doing that (among many other stuff, of course). It just needs a little more work to be perfect. Reshade motionblur can't be as good.

Reflections resolution is a matter of preference depending on how you play. It is much more noticeable in bonnet and chase cams than in cockpit and dashboard cams.

That TAA.fx shader I never used to be honest. It didn't work for me in the tests I did with several games. CSP's TAA could be improved but is pretty good already. It's not RDR2 level, but pretty good.

There has to be some compromise. I'm gonna try some other stuff for bloom so the loss is minimal, but the important thing is not having white billboards, white cars, white houses, etc. glowing in daylight. That totally breaks immersion.

I think Mip LOD Bias -1 to -2 should be ok-ish. -4 can tank your framerate.

The motion blur in CSP is very good, it just needs some bugfixing, and Ilja (the author) is doing that (among many other stuff, of course). It just needs a little more work to be perfect. Reshade motionblur can't be as good.

Reflections resolution is a matter of preference depending on how you play. It is much more noticeable in bonnet and chase cams than in cockpit and dashboard cams.

That TAA.fx shader I never used to be honest. It didn't work for me in the tests I did with several games. CSP's TAA could be improved but is pretty good already. It's not RDR2 level, but pretty good.
I drive formula car quite a lot, so the reflections are in front of my face whether I like it or not, but nonetheless I pretty much agree with all of that, can't wait for 0.3.

Hi, first of all, it looks really great. But I have a small problem. When I try to use "Extra FX" in CSP, I get this:
Any idea, what this is about?
Greetings

Attachments

• _1.jpg
    _1.jpg
    478.4 KB · Views: 184
  • _2.jpg
    _2.jpg
    666.4 KB · Views: 194
I'm on the newest patch. Is extra fx essential? What does it do? Is it enhancing the performance?

Extra FX contains several effects applied to the game. Try disabling Motion Blur for example, and see if that is what was causing the problem. If it is, try different settings for Motion Blur and see if the bug doesn't come back. If it's not, try disabling the other options, one by one, until you nail the one that is causing the problem.

2yoY52Q.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea