AC Abarth 595 SS Stage 2 @ Highlands Short - Mon 03 Aug 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Didn't try with more fuel. I started with 8 ltrs. Hmm, something to think of next time.
I viewed the onboard of Chris. He goes so smooth and controlled through the turns like his Fiat is on rails:thumbsup:. I saw that he went through the fast right handler in 4th with speed >115 km/h where I went in 3th with no more than 107 km/h. Just incredible:confused:.

Me: Don't get a big head, it's just pretend race cars
Also me:

tenor.gif

This track+car combo is just a stupidly steep learning curve, much more than most of the combos we've driven together. The lack of power, the unforgiving barriers, the horrifically twitchy car...

My first few laps were in the 1:07+ zone (well, the ones where I didn't crash out, which were a minority!) but when I worked out how to carry the speed and be more gentle with braking on the cobbles, the times tumbled.
Part of the trick (and I reckon you can see this in Chris' videos) is being absurdly gentle in a few crucial places - e.g. on the big stop after the fast right (just before the final turns), my best laps had an entry speed that felt like I was crawling along, but my delta was still very very green by the time I got back on the power (for me, worked best shortly before the apex).
Not universally true but in this car I reckon the quickest laps are the least dramatic ones :)

In the end was quite taken with this car, as a aid to a why I 'm not fast questions it is an ideal example.
Usually go quicker on a re-visit, not this time a 1-03-2 is as good as it gets for me.
When I looked at Chris's run we are not talking night and day, it is always just a few mph every time.
I just sort of in my mind, don't get it; Although of course I do, it is that gulf between doing and trying.
Wish I could get a MoTec trace for Chris's run and mine or any of us mid fielders, but I almost know what I will see. A very similar trace but elevated by 2mph were it counts.
Suppose being a really old git, at least I have an excuse. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Last edited:
For what it is worth,:)
Got to thinking about this car, this circuit, my age.:geek:
What are us old gits noted for, slow movement, not really slow reactions.
So changed my steering wheels Deg of rotation to 180 Deg in the assumption my reactions were probably ok'ish, but my ability to transmit that to my limbs was severely restrictive.
Not saying that this is my race pace by any stretch of the imagination, but immediately improved from a 1-03-03 to a 1-2-0.5 and a best of 1-01-9.
now pretty sure no one is going to read this, but you never know.
power to us old gits.:thumbsup:

For what it is worth,:)
Got to thinking about this car, this circuit, my age.:geek:
What are us old gits noted for, slow movement, not really slow reactions.
So changed my steering wheels Deg of rotation to 180 Deg in the assumption my reactions were probably ok'ish, but my ability to transmit that to my limbs was severely restrictive.
Not saying that this is my race pace by any stretch of the imagination, but immediately improved from a 1-03-03 to a 1-2-0.5 and a best of 1-01-9.
now pretty sure no one is going to read this, but you never know.
power to us old gits.:thumbsup:
Got to try that. What was deg of rotation before you changed it to 180?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back