AC Abarth 595 SS Stage 2 @ Highlands Short - Mon 03 Aug 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well, that was tremendous fun. Race 1 I forgot how gears work, and then was reminded how suspension works, or rather doesn't work... thankfully in race 2 I managed to not screw everything up :p

Race 3 was definitely the best of the whole lot, me, @Aksu, and @Bertje going at what felt like 200mph in a big train through the traffic. That was really fun :D

Thanks a lot for organising @Denis!

Warning !!!!! “don’t ever mention the words“
SKIPPY & FIAT 595 SS
To me ever, ever and ever.....

42A08C6C-7011-4E64-8EA6-63B33B7A9A7C.jpeg

Im glad I decided to join tonights race. It was very fun but also very eventful, which is always exciting than just lapping around.

Race 1 was good. Race 2 I forgot to load setup so race with stock, which suprisngly felt like more grip but this was probably because I had 30L of fuel which was enough for 60 mins of racing instead of 15. But it was definitely exciting during to be defensive to all the faster guys around me. And Race 3, well ... I trried to avoid an incident in the first lap, T3 and went straight in the wall.

Screenshot_ks_abarth_595ss_s2_ks_highlands_3-8-120-21-56-46.jpg

Thanks for organising @Denis Betty.

Well, my intention was for this event to be a bit of a giggle. A change of pace, with the focus very much on fun fun fun. It wasn't meant to be taken too seriously and from where I was sitting, it seemed to tick all of those boxes.

The car may have been a little too tricky for some drivers though, so I'm sorry if that was the case for you, but all in all and judging by some of the comments above, I think that quite a few of you enjoyed the event, so all's well that ends well, I suppose. ;)

Thank you all for signing up and for racing this evening. I don't think I'll be repeating this combo any time soon, but..... never say never I guess. :roflmao:

Now I just need to come up with something fun for next week. :unsure:

Anyway, all the best and hope to see some of you on track very soon.

Cheers. :thumbsup:

Well, my intention was for this event to be a bit of a giggle. A change of pace, with the focus very much on fun fun fun. It wasn't meant to be taken too seriously and from where I was sitting, it seemed to tick all of those boxes.

The car may have been a little too tricky for some drivers though, so I'm sorry if that was the case for you, but all in all and judging by some of the comments above, I think that quite a few of you enjoyed the event, so all's well that ends well, I suppose. ;)

Thank you all for signing up and for racing this evening. I don't think I'll be repeating this combo any time soon, but..... never say never I guess. :roflmao:

Now I just need to come up with something fun for next week. :unsure:

Anyway, all the best and hope to see some of you on track very soon.

Cheers. :thumbsup:
I guess the Luccaring is too long for the 595 but the setting would be great! You can still see them there today!

I'll put my vote in more transit van, that was terrific fun last time. :inlove:
Never tried it, is it good?

Was gonna do some racing cars for a week or two, but... (as someone once said) never say never. :)
In my scruffy notes, I had the Tranny (can I say that? :whistling: ) down for Mills Motorpark or Bikerneiki Short, but fill 'yer boots if you want to do it!;)

Last edited:
I would not have missed it for the world, taught me the difference between myself and our wee Alien population, in a most graphic way.
Lucky enough to meet them and follow these fast driver, absolutely all about their ability to find and be at the limit during corners.
Definitely no setup advantage, definitely no specialty braking , just mid corner speed.
I did find a setup tweek for the first race :thumbsup:, abandoned it for the second race, that led me to continually coming off and having to abandon that race, eventually returning to the pits.:(
Last race started in last place, managed 5th ,only because I returned to my tweek :-
I put 35ltrs of fuel in, that totally stabilise the car, only the last couple of laps did it become difficult with 25 litres of fuel on board. :roflmao:

I would not have missed it for the world, taught me the difference between myself and our wee Alien population, in a most graphic way.
Lucky enough to meet them and follow these fast driver, absolutely all about their ability to find and be at the limit during corners.
Definitely no setup advantage, definitely no specialty braking , just mid corner speed.
I did find a setup tweek for the first race :thumbsup:, abandoned it for the second race, that led me to continually coming off and having to abandon that race, eventually returning to the pits.:(
Last race started in last place, managed 5th ,only because I returned to my tweek :-
I put 35ltrs of fuel in, that totally stabilise the car, only the last couple of laps did it become difficult with 25 litres of fuel on board. :roflmao:
Didn't try with more fuel. I started with 8 ltrs. Hmm, something to think of next time.
I viewed the onboard of Chris. He goes so smooth and controlled through the turns like his Fiat is on rails:thumbsup:. I saw that he went through the fast right handler in 4th with speed >115 km/h where I went in 3th with no more than 107 km/h. Just incredible:confused:.

As you already said, this car enlarges the difference in driver capability. So is it therefore a good car for learning and improving?
Which camber and toe settings did you all use? I had camber on -1 and toe on 10.

Camber really did not make that much difference, but I eventually stuck on
-1 and zero toe, the front of the car was not a problem.
The less skill you had, really reflected your lap times, if there was something to be done with the setup, still going to loose, but there would not have been anywhere the same differential.
The field would have in consequence been much tighter, the circuit would not have been littered with our fallen brothers.:confused:

Camber really did not make that much difference, but I eventually stuck on
-1 and zero toe, the front of the car was not a problem.
The less skill you had, really reflected your lap times, if there was something to be done with the setup, still going to loose, but there would not have been anywhere the same differential.
The field would have in consequence been much tighter, the circuit would not have been littered with our fallen brothers.:confused:
Yes I agree on the camber. I tried different values but it didn't seem have much effect. But increasing toe made quite a difference for me in braking. Much more stable.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back