AC Abarth 595 SS Stage 2 @ Highlands Short - Mon 03 Aug 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
The most difficult car I have ever driven, no setups, so can do very little to remedy the situation, :(
Oh well, at least we are all in the same boat. The car is deliberately a bit tail happy though. There will be plenty of thrills and spills, spins, bumps and swapping of paint (RD rules will still be insisted upon OC), but it's really not meant to be serious. Club racing is meant to be fun and I'm hoping... well I can tell from experience, that this event will check that box. We will all get 3 bites at the cherry, so first to spit the dummy buys the beers (I don't me you Ern, you're super cool, me more than likely). ;)

I just hope I can swing the 3 race format. It will mean restarting the session after R1 as soon as we've all finished, so wish me luck. Hey, maybe a couple of us could practice on a dummy server with 5 minute races. Anybody fancy helping me with that after tonight's club race?

I just hope I can swing the 3 race format. It will mean restarting the session after R1 as soon as we've all finished, so wish me luck. Hey, maybe a couple of us could practice on a dummy server with 5 minute races. Anybody fancy helping me with that after tonight's club race?
Wow, I hadn't noticed that it was a triple race! Just saw the post - do you still want to have a go at it tonight?

After much testing I've come to the conclusion that this car is just a go kart with spongy suspension whacked on, and seems to like to be driven as such. In fact, I only change gears up and down once a lap here, 3rd and 4th, and I think you could get a quick lap in with just 3rd :O_o:

Looking forward to this event, just to see if anyone can master fast laps and the consequence of horrendous roll over steer. It’s got me beat, completely.
Managed a 1:03.9 after two million spins. :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back