A Good Sim Racing Combination?

Mostly Raceroom
[Rallye] VW Polo R5 / Hyundai [i20N]
[WTCC] Citroen
[WTCR] Hyundai i30N / Lynk & Co.
All weather Conditions,
but loving bad weather Conditions.

What's the matter with being burnt out or not feeling enthusiastic about something?

Sometimes you just need a break from something so that you miss it again. There is no rule saying you have to be enthusiastic about something all the time!

I know people who would take a full season away from something they were passionate about. I mean a full 3 months by that, and they would do that every year.

Why not try something new and different outside of racing for a while?

To be fair I have a fairly tidy sum of money tied up in my rig and I do feel like I should get use out of it, but earlier this week when the new track was put out and I started to learn it, I felt like I was doing work and wasn't concentrating and just wasn't feeling into it. So I decided to skip this week and see how I feel next Tuesday. So what, it's supposed to be fun. When it isn't, why go through the motions?

Last edited:
can you get the game running on modern pc's these days? with current mods?
Absolutely. The game is still compatible with modern PC config. I am a car builder for GP4 and the GP4 community is still working on tracks, mods, cars, graphics,misc etc to keep the game alive... and the devs are still improving their tools.
My PC config: Intel Core I7-5820K (3,30Ghz), 16GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070Ti, running under Win7 64 ultimate... but it is also working well with more recent config and win 10.

RaceRoom + WTCR - Lynx & Co 03 TCR, Hyundai i30N TCR + Nordschleife
RaceRoom + WTCC 2017 - Volvo S60 Polestar TC1 + Salzburgring
RaceRoom + DTM 2016 - Mercedes-AMG C63 DTM 2016 + Hockenheimring
Automobilista + Mini Cooper S + Oulton Park
Automobilista + Porsche Cup + Imola
rFactor2 + Porsche 911 GT3-R DLC + Sebring DLC
rFactor2 + Porsche 911 GT3 Cup DLC + Nordschleife DLC

Absolutely. The game is still compatible with modern PC config. I am a car builder for GP4 and the GP4 community is still working on tracks, mods, cars, graphics,misc etc to keep the game alive... and the devs are still improving their tools.
My PC config: Intel Core I7-5820K (3,30Ghz), 16GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070Ti, running under Win7 64 ultimate... but it is also working well with more recent config and win 10.
where can i get the mods etc from ?? also i had the original waaaaaay back, don't have it to hand now

What's the matter with being burnt out or not feeling enthusiastic about something?

Sometimes you just need a break from something so that you miss it again. There is no rule saying you have to be enthusiastic about something all the time!

Indeed. After organizing the last RDRC season I never touched DiRT Rally again - I also, with the exception of RDLMS and RDGTC didn't really touch any simracing games until around new years in 2020. I was so extremely burnt out!

A little break now and then is only smart!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back