A Good Sim Racing Combination?

Nürburgring in ACC VR

The downward elevation in to Schumacher, then the climb up the s's in VR is hyper convincing. It's one you feel without the need for a motion rig.

I don't think you have to be a racing weeb to enjoy this one either.
Project Kaido has this wonderfully made Irohazaka road course. The absolute best one out there. You can either do downhill or uphill, or as a third option, drive the entire thing as a long loop.
Just have a look at this wonderful place: *google maps link*

Bring something light and agile like the MX5 (Look at me, obviously trying to recommend something else than the AE86 for this:redface:) And you absolutely will have a fantastic experience.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't think you have to be a racing weeb to enjoy this one either.
Project Kaido has this wonderfully made Irohazaka road course. The absolute best one out there. You can either do downhill or uphill, or as a third option, drive the entire thing as a long loop.
Just have a look at this wonderful place:*google maps link*

Bring something light and agile like the MX5 (Look at me, obviously trying to recommend something else than the AE86 for this:redface:) And you absolutely will have a fantastic experience.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks for this! I've been patiently waiting for LA Canyons 1.2 and this track scratches the itch nicely!

My recommendation: Pick a car you like at a track you don't think you like. Put in 20 laps. At the end of 20 laps, note that you now like the track. :) Then try it at another track you don't like.

This has been my experience time and time again. It helps if you have another motivation for running laps, like tweaking something like FFB, graphics, ai, whatever, until it all just clicks and comes together into one great racing experience.

I think I first experienced this effect climbing the leaderboards in R3E in the BMW M3 GT2 at RaceRoom Raceway. Nobody liked that track because it wasn't a real-world track but put in lap after lap and you begin to realize just how well it was designed. The R3E guys even said at one point they intentionally pulled corners and characteristics from all over the place in real-world tracks and put them all into one. It really works. And the scenery is beautiful to boot.

What ever you race make sure it requires an H Pattern shifter.

We need more first party classic cars and the tracks to go with them. GroupC/GTP with Le mans from the 80s. Group 4, Group 5, Group 6, early 70s prototypes, maybe some Matras. Some IMSA GTO/GTU cars with older versions of the tracks they raced on.....its not like they can be laser scanned so...we'd never know the difference. 70s-80s-90s Indy cars and Formula 1, Targa Florio, Mille Miglia, Riverside, Trans AM, Can Am.

I know a lot of what I mentioned is already in Project Cars 2 as first party content. However, the poor ffb is a deal breaker for many people. Because of that I don't even consider it being something worth loading up. Its like the game doesn't even exist. So many great race cars yet to be done in modern sim racing. Instead we get updated versions of the same cars and classes 90% of the time.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 309 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 444 39.6%