A Good Sim Racing Combination?

When I am bored with everything in rFactor2, AC, ACC, and Raceroom, I do a skippy race on iRacing at whatever track they are running that week. Its almost always a good time.

RaceDepartment community... I need your help!

January is here, and frankly I'm worn out and feeling a little bit down in the dumps. Like every year at this time, my enthusiasm for pretty much everything feels a little on the low side, and surprisingly that's filtered into sim racing too.

I'm sure you all know the feeling, when you just can't quite decide what to drive and where, leading to having a general lack of enthusiasm to fire up the gaming rig and go racing.

THIS IS WHY I NEED YOUR HELP!

Dear readers, let us know what your favourite sim / car / track and weather or time of day combination you use to get those sim racing juices flowing, and reignite that passion for all things virtual motorsport!

It can be any game or sim, from any era. All we need in the responses is the car and track (and weather / time of day if you wish) that you like to fire up and drive when you want to really feel the joy of sim racing.

Spread the love folks!

January is here, and frankly I'm worn out and feeling a little bit down in the dumps. Like every year at this time, my enthusiasm for pretty much everything feels a little on the low side, and surprisingly that's filtered into sim racing too.

I'm sure you all know the feeling, when you just can't quite decide what to drive and where, leading to having a general lack of enthusiasm to fire up the gaming rig and go racing.

Dear readers, let us know what your favourite sim / car / track and weather or time of day combination you use to get those sim racing juices flowing, and reignite that passion for all things virtual motorsport!

It can be any game or sim, from any era. All we need in the responses is the car and track (and weather / time of day if you wish) that you like to fire up and drive when you want to really feel the joy of sim racing.

Spread the love folks!
So many good moments and now running a new 2080ti graphics card in 4K on F1 2019 at Baku City looks amazing, as does Project Cars 2 at Bannochbrae with light fog setting in.

Sometimes I need to step away from racing altogether. Right now for instance I spend most game time playing Ghost Recon Breakpoint. A few months ago it was Wolfenstein 2 and before that DOOM. Sometimes you just get tired and you need to step away and do something different and there is nothing wrong with that.

I here you. Almost all my racing is offline so when I just want to enjoy my sim racing without all the preparation of practise, qualifying etc I choose a track I like with a car I like at a competitive AI strength and try to race last to first. What I (and I think most of us) enjoy the most is close clean racing and overtaking.

As for a combination to do last to first for me...AMS in many of their car series and the EEC GT3 series at Ibarra.

I also really enjoy the AI of the Race 07 game with all it's DLC's, I think I like the Radical SR3 cars at Nordschleife the best (or anywhere).

Right now I am enjoying AC LMP1 Porsche 919 at Nordscheife...amazing.

Thanks for all your work and I hope you get your faith back soon.:laugh:

For me, my favorite combo is Chevrolet Corvette C7.R at Imola in AC around 11am with a nice and bright sky.
Screenshot_ks_corvette_c7r_imola_11-1-120-19-7-5.jpg

Hi! My favorite time is the night when everything is quiet and I put the headphones on, I adjust the ButtKicker, I put the Rift VR, I choose a game ... R3E, AC, ACC, Rfactor 2, PC2 ... In each game I have a favorite track . R3E (Chang and Mid Ohio) AC (Spa, Short Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Interlagos, Croft, Sebring, Road America, Atlanta Road, Vallelunga, New Kyalami, Watkins Glen ...) ACC (Zandvoort, Barcelona-Catalunya and Misano) Rfactor 2 (Former Jacarepaguá RJ, Old Imola and Croix Ternois circuit) PC2 (Monza, Silverstone, Azure Coast, Dubai, Spa, Le Mans, Barcelona-Catalonia, Brno, Sonoma, Watkins Glen and Texas Road Course).
The cars either of the GT or Tourism category sometimes P1 and P2.
These are some of the most preferred.

Porsche GTE on Sebring in rfactor 2
Ginetta GT5 on Lydden Hill in Pcars 2
488 GT3 on Daytona in pcars 2
Porsche 917K on Riverside in AC
Audi TCR on Mid Ohio in R3E
Huracan ST on Spa in AC
Porsche Cup car on Mugello in AC
Nissan Skyline Super Silhouette on Redbull Ring on R3E

AC / BMW-M3 GTR2 / Nords

*Don't blame me if you end up driving for hours with 10+ different cars after that. Then do the same, comparing 3+ different sims with Nords after that still.

Spread the love folks!
I really love the c7 Vette at Sebring. RFactor2

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes