A Good Sim Racing Combination?

I don't know if the OP pic was meant to be a hint or something, but if it was it didn't work :roflmao:

Although GT3s are the ultimate boring machines, an ACC CP race is the thing for me. Super clean driving (sometimes even too clean) and almost always somebody to compete with during the whole race.

Assetto Corsa:
Anything/Nordschleife
Sport Cars and slow GT or Formula cars/Brands Hatch
Group C/Spa
old race cars (like 917k, 919 RSR)/Okayama

and also very good is Formula Lithium/Zanvoort

Always mixed with day/night

A relaxing, long session in LeMans or Spa. Or rally. Anywhere, any time, any conditions. Maybe Australia just to see it one last time the way it was before it got burnt down to ashes.

I've been working on a set up for the 917k at Fonteny. Such a brilliant track by @Fat-Alfie BTW. Not really a great place for the 917K, but definitely a challenging one. It is my go to track for such a feeling that you have @Paul Jeffrey. In some of the 1960 smaller bore cars Alfa GTA, MGB-GT, Porsche 911, etc...etc.... It's a magical place! Try it out @Paul Jeffrey, especially after a few pints. I promise it will put a big smile back on your face.

Well, for me personally early 90's era F1s around Bridgehampton in rF2 always get me going. Nothing like a feeling you're going to die in every corner on a track where a hedge is your runoff. Good stuff.
Yeah, never had that track on my radar. Last week i had my first experience on that track, racing a Porsche 908 LH - amazing!

Yeah, never had that track on my radar. Last week i had my first experience on that track, racing a Porsche 908 LH - amazing!
We did a 1969 Trans Am series and that was one of our stops for the team, super fun for vintage cars. Give it a go in the 1966 Can Am cars..... bring a few beers in between sessions....you'll need it!

I realize I'm not sticking to the confines of the framing of the question, but I find the winter months a nice chance to recharge and refresh by partaking in some other hobbies.

For a good stretch of the year, I am a pretty rabid consumer of both real and virtual motorsports. By the time Dec/Jan roll around, I honestly just kind of feel a little bored with it. Maybe "bored" is too strong, I'm still a frequent visitor to RD, I'll check Autosport now and then, etc but I'm just not motivated to watch 2+ hrs of racing or get sweaty palmed chasing leaderboard times.

This time of year, I watch a lot more traditional sports, binge watch some old favorite TV series, watch some movies. Hell, if I get really desperate I might even spend time with my wife and kids! :roflmao:

My own experience: when I try to force the sim racing when I'm not truly into it, that's when I start to feel frustrated or in a rut. I just walk away and trust that the itch will come back (it always does).

I've also struggling with my simracing fix for a while now. So, to try and remedy the predicament, I'm giving PC2 a go with the Audi R8 LMP900 Watkins Glen International, day to night in stormy conditions... Monza with the Porsche 936 is also not bad...
Also Assetto Corsa +Shaders Patch + Sol, SX Lemans with the IER P13C \ any of the VRC Prototype mods \ RSS GT1 cars.

One of the most enjoyable things for me is to cruise around with street cars in AC on L.A. Canyons, Felbergring, Deutschlandring and the Nordschleife (Toruist by Adie Evergreen with 54 AI cars or using the AI flood function).

It's really hard to for me to decide which car-track-combo is better than the other because if you spend some time with a certain combination you "grow into it".

I also appreciate being able to drive on VIR in rF2 and AMS with different cars (track days with racing cars, e.g. classic Formula One cars or Radicals or MCR2000).

Someone once recommened to me to drive with the Flat-6-Series on Bridgehampton in rF2. That is a great combo. I love how you have to throttle-blip when shifting down not to lose the rear-end.

Porsche 964 @ Bilsterberg in R3E
V8 SuperCars @ Bathurst in AMS or AC
Touring cars @ Gelleråsen in R3E.
Boxer Cup @ Hockenheimring or Donginton in AMS

The older version of Imola and Hockenheimring in AMS are also very satisfying when older Formula One cars are used ... or the Porsche 911 RSR from 1974.

Hach, I could go on and on ...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back