AC 2nd TIERDROP EVENT, Tue January 17th 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

abecede

Premium
Ty2d87t.jpg
A surprise event where every driver, slow or fast is guaranteed some intense battles on the track!
Let's be honest, this is the primary reason we want to drive together: Attacking, defending, trading paint with others on the track! But "how is that possible?", you may ask. "I'm always miles in front of everyone else!", or "I never catch up to the fast guys!", you may think.
The solution is so simple: we'll do a couple of sprint races, and the fast drivers enter a slower car each round! As easy as pie! So let me present to you this great format:
RD's SECOND TIERDROP EVENT
We did the first about a week ago, and implemented some suggestions to make the event even more funner:

A tierdrop event consists of four 14 minute sprint races. The first round of the event has a qualifying session and the actual sprint race. In this first round everyone drives the same car.

Now it gets special: At the end of each round close the game and rejoin as soon as the server has switched to the next one. Each driver of the top half finishers will be given a car that's about 3% slower than the one they just drove.
The other drivers keep their current car. There is no more qualifying, instead the starting grid is set up like this: The grid is divided into groups of the same car. Slowest cars at the front, fastest cars at the back. The drivers in each car group are placed in order of their finishing position in the previous race.
Additional space between each group of different cars will be reserved automatically, which should act as insurance that typical first corner issues are kept to a minimum.

The winner of the event is determined in the very last race - the driver in the slowest car who crosses the checkered flag first is the champion! (The very, very best drivers may even drive a different, slower car each round, if they keep being in the top half finishers!)

So sign up to see how you will cope in this situation. Practicing for the event is ALMOST not possible (see below).

Other information:
  • 30 minutes before the event starts, we'll post a message here with the track and cars of the event, so you can get a feel for the handling of the different vehicles. Not enough time to make a great setup, but still enough to get yourself aquaintaned with your cars.
  • Each round is on the same track, which is a well known Kunos track with a lap time of not more than about 1:30, and all cars are Kunos cars. You'll either need the Ultimate Edition of AC, or these DLCs: Ready To Race Pack, Dream Pack 1, and Japanese Pack.
  • Qualify will be only 10 minutes, and only for the first round.
  • If you have questions, please post them in this thread.
  • Register now by posting below that you'd like to join! You'll get the password for the event by direct message.
  • The normal rules apply for this event.
  • This event will not be ranked.
It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord-Voice for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Server information:
  • Practice: you can practice using the information given at 20:30 CET (19:30 UTC) on race day in a forum message.
  • Race server: Search for "Racedepartment.com Tierdrop" (Link will also be posted here before the event.)
  • Tue, Jan 17th, 2023 - 21:00 CET, 20:00 BST (20:00 UTC) | Event start
Event details:
  • Races: four 14 minute sprint races (first one has 10 min qualifying)
  • Cars: coming from Japan, Italy, Germany
  • Track: somewhere in Europe (Kunos)
  • Pit stop: we ain't got no time for that
  • Tyre blankets / Tyre wear / Fuel usage: Yes / 0% / 0%
  • Car setup: open, but you won't have much time or practice to change it. (it could be wise to put only 1 liter of fuel into your tank and to use grippy tyres.)
Useful Links:

Entry List:

Last edited:
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

We will race on Vallelunga (Classic layout) today!
Here are four different Content Manager links to hotlap locally until the qualifying session starts at 20:00 UTC / 21:00 CET, so you can get a feeling how the various cars handle. Don't bother too much about setups, but you may be able to find braking points etc.

See you all on Discord later!

Sorry for the race start on round 1 with the Audi Steve, that was silly of me.. And sorry for bumping your rear Ernie going into the sweeping corner, you braked much more than I anticipated there. I quit in the last round coming together with Thomasz twice.

It's nice what you have done with this Markus but I guess it isn't for me.
I'm so sorry for that man!
The merc was really hard to tame for me. I hope you won't hold that last race against me :(. The event was super fun, but once again I have so much to learn, but I guess there'll be lows as well in the process. I hold myself accountable of every contact I made with all of you today. I hope I wasn't too much of o liability

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back