2019 Formula One Hungarian Grand Prix

Good race
it was a gamble that worked out well for mercedes this time, afterwards RB should have done new tires.. Max tires are dead. But it was to see nice to see two big champions :thumbsup:

The battle for the 1st was pretty good; e.g. when they were on the same white tyre (albeit LH 6 laps newer) and he nearly got the pass but ran wide on the marbles :thumbsup:.
Been waiting for LH vs MV for some time and it didn't disappoint - even though it was a mismatch of tyres right at the end there.

Noboby really crashed today, so good driving all round. Good battle torro rosso too.

Perspective:
The same race - but from another angle.;)
BUDAPEST (Extra Bladet): Both Haas, Rich Energy and Renault got plenty of TV time during Hungary's Grand Prix, although Lewis Hamilton was simultaneously overpowering Max Verstappen for the win.
And then there was only one tiny 13th place at stake for two of the teams that have disappointed the most in the first half of the season.

Daniel Ricciardo had started last after a terrible qualification and a change of engine.
But the Australian advanced quickly through the field, but progress stopped when he reached Kevin Magnussen.

Ricciardo was pretty "heated up" when he jumped out of the racer, signaling to his Danish rival that they should have a talk.
- I like people who don't give in and fight hard, but for me it was too much when he moves in the brake zone. I think he did four times.

Günther Steiner:
- The race supervisor said he should stop moving during the braking. Thats all.
But there is another driver who does it all the time and gets away with it.
That was our answer, says the Haas boss to Ekstra Bladet.
Here he thinks of Red Bull's Max Verstappen, who introduced that type of defense.

- I think we had a good fight on the 13-14 position. Otherwise, the race for me was pretty boring.
We decided to risk a visit to the stewards, because in the end we are here to race and I don't think anything dangerous happened. The fuss was about nothing.
But at least it was a good show.
Ricciardo isn't happy, but I don't think Kevin did anything excessive.
He tried to defend his position and he kept it. Everyone enjoyed it.

Kevin Magnussen also took the situation pretty calmly.
First of all, he was delighted to be able to defend himself instead of falling through the field that the Haas racer has tended for years.
- There was some speed in the car today. I haven't talked to anyone or looked at numbers yet, but it seemed like I could join in and race.
The Renault was faster than us, but I was able to keep him behind, although it took a bit effort, the Dane smiles.

When Ekstra Bladet asked him how he had stopped the Australian advancing up through the field, the answer was: Yes ... That's just how it is!
:)

Good race
it was a gamble that worked out well for mercedes this time, afterwards RB should have done new tires.. Max tires are dead. But it was to see nice to see two big champions :thumbsup:

I assume you are talking about Mercedes and RB, because otherwise there was only one champion in the top two drivers ;)

what i said it was a gamble it worked out well for Lewis
I think Mercedes did not gamble. Lewis was not going to pass Max on the hard tire, so they had to change strategy. It was RB that gambled here, not having Max switch tires immediately after Lewis did. Max switched to the hard tires too early in the race, especially since he had to push so hard to stay in front of Lewis. A one stop was not possible for Lewis and Max, since they were pushing each other so hard. Look at the gap they had to the rest. They both were in another class today.

Good race

After what?

When do you think Red Bull should have pitted for new tyres?

afterwards they also had to make an extra pit stop but she did not make that was the guess and the guess was @ pccreane that Lewis could also burn his tires.

it was a nice race, hopefully even more this year

Bottas started 2nd and was projected to finish 6th after the bad start and had medium tyres like Lewis after. Combination of Team and Driver made the win. Lewis had pace throughout the race....... Let's not to take credit from Both.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.