2019 Formula One Hungarian Grand Prix

As I said, Mercedes very much wide awake. Actually caught Red Bull napping. No praise or hate or driver names... This race was won and lost by the team. Not particularly eventful, but waiting for the strategy to unfold was really intense.

Lewis had Verstappen as scared as hell on the radio, even before he made his second pit stop. Hopefully Verstappen has learned to keep his mouth shut about Lewis and his career to the press. No one can get into Lewis's head - no one. This is why Lewis is so good, the better team, not the better car.

Lewis had Verstappen as scared as hell on the radio, even before he made his second pit stop. Hopefully Verstappen has learned to keep his mouth shut about Lewis and his career to the press. No one can get into Lewis's head - no one. This is why Lewis is so good, the better team, not the better car.[/QUOTE
Idiot allways negative, Max did great, wrong tires at the end, not his fault.

I tend to disagree. Top 2 were exciting. Everything else was Hungary 101.

This is a race where everyone learns something. Like a Floyd Mayweather fight. Boring and strategic. But guess who has more fans? It's Manny Pacquiao. Because he's brutal and deadly. I understand people want to see eventful confrontations when it comes to sports. But sometimes you need to appreciate the brilliance of people able to use their brains to win. They are usually the ones on top.

Grrr I was angry at Verstappens strategist... but later I thought that both teams just made a gamble move... so it was very approximate guess for them. Even Hamilton was unsure if it will work out, but Verstappen knew immediately that they should have pitted too.

Obviously Mercedes won because they appeared to be confident about Lewis more, than RB was confident about Max. But then again, it probably takes hell of a confidence to think that your driver will win with 0 rubber. That fact makes me think that it was just RB mistake, and it got even more obvious when Verstappen had to pit anyway, and then even managed to do a fastest race lap right away...

I understand people want to see eventful confrontations when it comes to sports. But sometimes you need to appreciate the brilliance of people able to use their brains to win. They are usually the ones on top.

Well you're not wrong. But your point beeing we could also watch a mathematics tournament on a sunday afternoon.
We can't complain after what was a stunner in Hockenheim, but i would rather not freak out over a GP that had excitement in the battle between P1 and P2 and nowhere else.
At least we finally saw a race were people actually gone flat out the whole distance and didnt put the car in sudoku mode after 20 laps.

If not for the DRS this would be an epic battle till the flag.
Some recent races a few of the big drivers mess up their qual or start, small teams get ahead, big teams have a hard time to pass, once the DRS is enabled they pass like multiclass racing.
Time to get rid of this crap.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea