2018 Formula One Russian Grand Prix

:D
IMG_3843.jpg

I just can't find it in me to give any ****s any more. F1 lost me this season, the first where I've not put the effort in to watch some live races. When cars can't follow each other there's nothing fun to watch. When drivers can't push because of the engine count, fuel, etc, there's nothing fun to watch. Nope, sorry F1 but you lost me in your quest to be green.

Neither of which has to do with being green though. The cars can't follow eachother because of the super agressive aero, whilst the engine penalties are there to prevent the rich teams from just putting in a new engine every session, something which the backmarkers can't afford.

Neither of which has to do with being green though. The cars can't follow eachother because of the super agressive aero, whilst the engine penalties are there to prevent the rich teams from just putting in a new engine every session, something which the backmarkers can't afford.

They're probably better off selling pre-made identical chassis for everyone. Allow engine and wings change and call it a day. If the rich kids really wanna push, like Toto wish there were three cars per team, then run a second team like RedBull did.

I hope Putin doesn't send his dogs after me for saying this, but what a truly awful track.

Russia is a very large, very old country that can be proud of a lot of accomplishments over the years, but it's an automotive/motorsport blackhole as near as I can tell.

These are the fastest ever F1 cars by a long shot, that's alone amazing.

That moment when Kimi broke JP Montoya's fastest lap of Monza made me realize how far them teams work to be as quick as they are. It just goes to show the weak "on paper" stats of the current hybrid stuff is really not that weak. Kimi broke both JPM's record and Vettel's heart, judging by SV tone on the radio.

The championship fight though. How many times did we thought Ferrari would wipe them out, then Merc and Lewis always have something up their sleeves. Honestly all I am looking forward to is 2019 and see what Kimi and Danny Ric can do for the mediocre cars.

They're probably better off selling pre-made identical chassis for everyone. Allow engine and wings change and call it a day. If the rich kids really wanna push, like Toto wish there were three cars per team, then run a second team like RedBull did.

Alternative: Manufacturer teams are allowed to design the cars as they wish, but must be willing to sell up-to-date versions of their cars to any other team at a fixed price.

Reactions: NDG
Alternative: Manufacturer teams are allowed to design the cars as they wish, but must be willing to sell up-to-date versions of their cars to any other team at a fixed price.

Definitely rings a bell! :rolleyes: You know I heard weekend rallycross races in finland have that "fixed price" going on. Basically if one of your opponents decides to buy your car then you must oblige no matter what. At a fixed price of course. IDK, I need someone from Finland to help me with this. :D

I don't know how they can make it more fair and equal for every car. I don't think anything like that ever happened in the history of F1. I mean even to the very first days... Competitors as they are, they will use and abuse any gray area of the rules and find a way to have advantage.

Not jumping on bandwagon to whinge about track, not today :D

Still think vettelle has a good chance of winning this DC; it only takes one bad result from LH and it'll all be back on again.
After getting completely blown away by Ferrari pace in spa a month ago, merc appear to have caught right back up again in performance.

It will be a good race tomorrow.

Those tiny little things... The ice bags and umbrellas. Sigh... Things that they could easily let go of, then them fake Merc pit stops and Lewis aborting pits while already at the pit entry. I'm no Ferrari fan but for those who are and the general F1 fans, I can see why the lost of interest and Lewis hatred.

That moment when Kimi broke JP Montoya's fastest lap of Monza made me realize how far them teams work to be as quick as they are. It just goes to show the weak "on paper" stats of the current hybrid stuff is really not that weak. Kimi broke both JPM's record and Vettel's heart, judging by SV tone on the radio.

The championship fight though. How many times did we thought Ferrari would wipe them out, then Merc and Lewis always have something up their sleeves. Honestly all I am looking forward to is 2019 and see what Kimi and Danny Ric can do for the mediocre cars.
I think it's a big marketing fail on F1s part that they have not highlighted the amazing performance of these cars. Setting track records with something like 40% better fuel efficiency than pre-hybrid cars - I think that's amazing and makes me proud to be an F1 fan.

I get it - for a lot of race fans, the words "fuel economy" belong nowhere near racing, I can respect that. But, I think a lot of F1 fans don't necessarily fit the typical "greasy gearhead" stereotype - a lot of us (self included) are really into technology. These cars are a direct reflection of what "automotive technology" looks like today. Again, maybe that fact turns some people off and, while I respect that, the truth is many of us embrace and enjoy it. I think F1 should hype it up and ignore the pleas to turn back the clock from a tech perspective.

Just my 2 cents!

Smart moment to officially announce good old Kvyat will race for TR in 2019. Make those Roebels roll.

Did Ferrari sand bag during FP1&2 or is this the best they could do? Interesting quali this afternoon. It is busier at the back with who will start at what place with all the grid penalties. I think Max will win that one ;)

I think it's a big marketing fail on F1s part that they have not highlighted the amazing performance of these cars. Setting track records with something like 40% better fuel efficiency than pre-hybrid cars - I think that's amazing and makes me proud to be an F1 fan.

I get it - for a lot of race fans, the words "fuel economy" belong nowhere near racing, I can respect that. But, I think a lot of F1 fans don't necessarily fit the typical "greasy gearhead" stereotype - a lot of us (self included) are really into technology. These cars are a direct reflection of what "automotive technology" looks like today. Again, maybe that fact turns some people off and, while I respect that, the truth is many of us embrace and enjoy it. I think F1 should hype it up and ignore the pleas to turn back the clock from a tech perspective.

Just my 2 cents!
Its amazing technology.
Who would have thought that pre-lighting a mixture in the head as a start to the combustion process, could yield such gains in fuel economy?
I just wish they'd give them the small addition of fuel to actually race.

Ferrari and strategy is like water and fire....Have a look at FP3 just a seconxd before the pitlane closed....Kimi not happy and Vettel had to push back his car.

It seems Seb is sandbagging at sector 3 lol
probably there will be something to come:cautious:
edit: it didn't come :D

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering