2018 Formula One Russian Grand Prix

The British national anthem was played in Russia. I don't think Vladimir Putin was happy about that. I'm shocked that he was actually there. You know what they say ''Order the shewtin, like a Vladimir Putin''.

Lewis Hamilton did really well, I noticed after the race when they go to weigh themselves etc etc, Sebastian Vettel did not speak to Lewis at all, he threw a towel over the camera instead.

I just realized, Sebastian Vettel, his name is more French than Germany, ah well, It's not the end of the world.

For how long did you watch F1? 2015 was the worst season by far i ever seen. This year is pretty good. If ever once you find it interesting or just the tech behind it you never gonna exit the circus. These are the fastest ever F1 cars by a long shot, that's alone amazing. + The tittle battle this year and races are usually great.
After 15 years of watching F1 im still watching almost every FP + Q too, not to mention the races.

I've been actively watching since I was a kid, I'd say 1989 was probably the first season I remember. 2015 was terrible, no doubt, but really my patience just ran out.

@MoerasGrizzly while the aero is not to do with being green, the engine limits, fuel restrictions, etc ARE, or more accurately the perception of being green. Plus now it's expensive to put an engine in every race, and that's a result of being green (these hybrid engines). Back in the 90s teams brought a spare car, and multiple engines, to each race. If half the field crashed out on lap 1 drivers would get the spare cars out for the restart. Now you'd be missing half the field. All these things are backward steps for F1 as a sport.

It's not a sport, it's just a business and a pretty schonky one at that.
And rw3, MY first GP was in 1956.....been following 'Formula 1' seriously since 1959-1960.
:ninja:

Hope people are starting to realize just how good Lewis Hamilton is now. For the last few years, some people have said he only won because he had the best car in the field, well now Ferrari has the best car in the field and Lewis is still winning and lets not pretend that Vettel isn't a great driver. The bottom line is that Lewis is THE best driver on the grid and has demonstrated incredible consistency which is why he continues to win. Lewis will win the title this year and had he not had a blown engine in 2016, he would be fighting for championship number 6 this year.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 371 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%