PHhfLOB.jpg

4FM3zre.jpg
Awesome job Andrew, thanks mate

Name: Adam Brown
Nationality: Scottish
Team Name:
Preferred Number 1: 97
Preferred Number 2: 98
I have read, understood and agree to abide by the regulations layed out by RaceDepartment: Yes

i have finished my skin, how do i pop it in the game?

i am a bit of a noob
Hey Adam,

Sorry, I had meant to get back to you earlier. Putting it in the game is relatively easy. But, it's a bit of an essay to write it all down. Would you be up for a chat on TeamSpeak? Much easier that way :)

Hey @Stiggy im struggling with how to get this part working.
I have the pit box template all sorted just cant workout the naming for the .veh file to make it show up in game.
Can you maybe upload the .veh and dds files you did so I can have a look?

There's a nice little PDF readme with the template that will help (I also looked at the Stock V8's VEH files as well for comparison).

You can more or less save the pitbox dds any name you like but I usually like to use the category, team name and then pitbox. So for example "StockV8_Harper_Pitbox.dds" but Pitbox at the end is important.

Then in the VEH file type an extra line in the first section so it links to the pitbox, so for example.

DefaultLivery="AHarper2015.DDS"
Extra0="Cockpit"
Extra1="Windshield"
Extra2="Window"
Pitbox="StockV8_Harper_Pitbox.dds"

The link is case sensitive so make sure you get the filename correct.

One mistake I've made in the past was renaming the Pitbox file in Windows, I changed it to try and get it to appear in game without realising Windows did the file extension twice so it accidentally ended up as .dds.dds at the end. As Windows 10 doesn't show file extensions by default I couldn't see this mistake until I looked at the file properties :rolleyes:

Last edited:
There's a nice little PDF readme with the template that will help (I also looked at the Stock V8's VEH files as well for comparison).

You can more or less save the pitbox dds any name you like but I usually like to use the category, team name and then pitbox. So for example "StockV8_Harper_Pitbox.dds" but Pitbox at the end is important.

Then in the VEH file type in an extra line in the first section so it links to the pitbox, so for example.

DefaultLivery="AHarper2015.DDS"
Extra0="Cockpit"
Extra1="Windshield"
Extra2="Window"
Pitbox="StockV8_Harper_Pitbox.dds"

The link is case sensitive so make sure you get the filename correct.

One mistake I've made in the past was renaming the Pitbox file in Windows, I changed it to try and get it to appear in game without realising Windows did the file extension twice so it accidentally ended up as .dds.dds at the end. As Windows 10 doesn't show file extensions by default I couldn't see this mistake until I looked at the file properties :rolleyes:
Thank you very much @Andrew Harper for your thorough help.
Worked like a charm!
'Pitbox at the end' IS very important thank you!

IMPORTANT
Don't forget: You have a little under two weeks to get your skins submitted! Closing date is Wednesday the 19th of April at midnight AEST (14:00 GMT).

Please submit them to me via Private message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes