2017 Ferrari SF70H Coming to Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ferrari SF70H.jpg

Following the recent poll to choose the final car in the upcoming 'Ferrari 70th Anniversary' DLC, Kunos have confirmed the new machine will be.... the 2017 Formula One car!

With the votes in and counted, the results checked and double checked, the final car from the upcoming Ferrari DLC has been confirmed as the machine raced by Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen in the 2017 Formula One World Championship.

With one of Ferraris most successful Formula One cars in recent years, the SF70H has proven to be the most desirable car in a list of fantastic vehicles selected by Kunos Simulazioni, and as such will be added to the DLC line up due to release later this year for Assetto Corsa.

Could it be that we might have the 2017 WDC winning machine in AC before the end of the year, or will the works Ferrari squad find a way to throw away this years title challenge?

The Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC will contain:
  • 1962 250 GTO
  • 1967 330 P4
  • 1967 312/67
  • 1984 288 GTO
  • 2004 F2004
  • 2017 812 Superfast
  • Ferrari SF70H
The vote setup by Kunos pulled in over 30,000 responses before close of play yesterday, and not unsurprisingly the 2017 SF70H F1 car pulled in a substantial amount of votes more than second placed finisher, the 1970 512M. With 15.39% for the 2017 car in comparison to 11.41% for the 512M, it was always going to come down to the two "key" vehicles as voted for by the community.

You can see the full vote results below:
Ferrari Poll Assetto Corsa.png

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Assetto Corsa and online racing = Love! Check out our brilliant Assetto Corsa League and Club racing forum for great racing events suitable for all skills and experiences. We host regular events using popular content and guarantee a great time for all. Additionally we have a very active sub forum for the game where players can catch up on the latest news and engage with fellow community members here at RD. You can download mods from our modding archive, discuss W.I.P projects in our Modding Discussion Forum and try out a selection of car setups for a wide range of vehicles. Come on, get yourself involved in the action today!

Happy to see an official 2017 Formula One car coming to AC? Looking forward to the Ferrari pack? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Kunos intentions on this poll were good but in the end they have 15% of their clients happy and 85% unhappy.
And on top of that, acording to how people choose their cars on public servers, these 15% happy people are most likely casual users that don't care how a car drives. The core suporters are probably among 85% of disapointed people. Everybody knows that for people that aren't sports car entusiasts, formula 1 are the only sports car that exist while for real entusiasts (assetto corsa suporters) there are a lot more than F1, and probably much more interesting than modern F1s.
And this 2017 F1 will not add a new car but it will kill SF15 so is just swaping models.
It's a shame that cars like 512 and 575 GT1 aren't on assetto corsa. Porsche 917 and Maseratti MC12, two of the most amazing cars in Assetto, both real and simulated, are relegated to forgoten parts of harddrives.

People saying the ones who ones voted for the SF70-H aren't even gonna drive it, couldn't be more wrong if they tried, i probably have more F1 hours than the other cars combined.
Just because you can't handle it doesn't mean no one does.

AC has numerous cars who superseeded previous models, the 2 R8s, the AMG GT3 and the SLS, the 2 Mclarens, and there are people nervous waiting for the M6 GT3.
And GT3s of course evolve quite slowly, both Mclarens feel very samey, detail changes only imo...

On the other hand...
In 2015 a guy named Sebastian Vettel qualified for the Spanish GP (a track widely accepted as the average F1 track, and present in AC) with a time of 1.25.458
In 2017 the same Mr. Vettel went back to Spain and set a time of 1.19.200 in the qualifying session.

That's 6s in case you are bad at math(most of it coming through corner speed), you mean to tell me these cars are the same? Please...

When I saw that poll the first time announced (and immediately dialed 5…1…2…M ) I just could not see any other choice more clear and logical than that.
Any of the other cars simply was not as perfectly matching to:

- significantly improve content on it's very own merits
- improve the overall package
- make something available for the first time in unseen quality

There is no 512M mod. There is no 512M in any other racing sim available at current quality (I faintly remember a Playstation console Ferrari game with a 512S included but overall quality of that was sketchy at best).

When reading about another modern single F1 car having made the poll I simply could not believe such an outcome.

I am extremely disappointed.
the 512M would have made the game unique. The F1 car does not. Come on, we could have had Michael Delaney trying to chase down the Ferrari!

People saying it's too hard, why are you simracing? Sit down and practice. You don't like a challenge? People saying nothing excites them in this pack... again, why are you simracing? Every car is there to be tamed, regardless of engine, gearbox, aero. Every car is a challenge, if you are on the limit. I may not be a HUGE fan of some of the vintage cars listed, but I will drive the **** out of them!

Best post here.

With discussions like this on this forum and AC official forum we see what is the sim community. A bunch of people that only wants to fastly adapt to one car and go crash on online races.

Training is something that too many people today dont want to do.

Professional drivers on past drive more alone testing the cars than on race. FIA regulated the max hours of testing and the drives reduce on real cars, but continues driving alone on sims. oN THE 80's and 90's, the pilots did a entire race alone just to test the durability and the reliability of the cars, yes, alone, 300 kms run on some track everywhere.

Race and play is just a minor part on every sport. Every really good professional athlete practice 90% of his time and only play on 10%. Imagine the 100m runners for example, 99,9% of the time is just training and exercise. That is the most important thing to do, that is when the driver can really know yourself and correct the wrong thins, gain more skill etc.

Wow, that was the longest read that equaled to absolutely nothing. A lot of long winded posts that basically said the same thing over and over again. But thanks once again to Paul for the original post. Keep up the good work.;)

Personally I think Kunos needs to focus more on the basic sim before bringing out new DLC. Some things haven't changed since the early access.

It definitely needs more tracks before it needs more cars. Let's face it, without the modding community, this title would be pretty empty.

When I think about it.,.,I dont think mp will be totaly dead with this car, Im pretty sure the die hard F1 leagues will use this new car with custom skins & all to have championships, and as far as MP racing ,its not a bad thing per say to have exact same cars .. talk about bop ! Lol its driver vrs driver .. well except for that guy who is the setup master & kers wizard ...
For me I used to be into F1sims and in a F1 league , but im old & crochity now and dont want to have to learn all the kers/recovery bla like someone mentioned a few pages back .. im goodwith the DSR ! But all that other stuff i, would rather be driving already :roflmao:
So you need to considder all aspects i guess ... :thumbsup:

F1 cars have many setup options. Two cars can handling very different on same track and doing the same laptimes. So, just one car offers more than more cars without significant changes on setup.

As a example you can see the thread on official forum for hotlap challenge on console lounge with Lotus 98t at Spa. many setups on that thread and they handling very different, the laptimes were closer.

Got it, well said.
Well, the "majority" got what they wanted, and that's a hard fact to argue with. I'm not particularly invested in Ferrari and this vote; I'm just trying to rationalize everyone's frustration with mild success. Carry on. :p
The way this poll had been set up led unfortunately NOT to a majority benefit.
A better way of such a poll would have been doing a series of polls over a time frame of 1-2 weeks.
This way Kunos also could have created more social media attention and even voters and fans building up a discussion while the vote is in process and root for certain cars, even set up bets on winners and losers ;-)

I posted this in the official forums, and I'm going to post it here as well..
Why is there such elitism in this community ? Why is everyone (some more, some less) implying that a F1 car is automatically a dumb choice or that hystoric cars = "I'm a true cars' lover" ? Just because you don't share the same idea of others this doesn't make make you any better than them, especially in a case like this one. …
Very true, yet I do not see the initial point of argument in the majority of posts here rooted in elitism or hatred of a particular racing series but rather in a very logical and respectable choice of vehicle that would have resulted in a much bigger long term benefit for Assetto Corsa.
Any other car than the SF70 would have made a more beneficial choice of "rounding up" the content or benefiting better fields on the racetrack.
The SF70 in AC will be a track toy, surely interesting for the fans of F1 and for people who like a challenge to set lap records with a single technically advanced car.

At least in my case it's not elitism, it's practicality. The AI doesn't use the hybrid controls and this car has no competitors in the game so there's not much point in racing it offline. If the SF15 is anything to go by, almost nobody will race the SF70 in multiplayer and even if they did the hybrid controls will likely create a big gap in talent/skill, so there's not much point in racing online. So, it's basically only going to be good for hot-lapping, and we already have the SF15 for that.

In my opinion the SF70 just doesn't really fit into this sim and has no practical purpose for being included, and that's the only reason I'm disappointed in the outcome. If any of the other cars would have won I would have been satisfied and enjoyed the car, the modern F1 is the only one I would have been disappointed in and I highly doubt I'll drive it more than once or twice.

Just my opinion of course, but this is why I'm disappointed with the outcome (not because the car I voted for didn't win).
I couldn't have written it any better.

Hey. I will quote myself in here...

They should open the poll again, but this time only the SF-70H and the 512. (the two most-voted)
Exactly my thought - reopen a vote. Set it up as a death match of the 4 most voted cars.

Some people really should get a life and stop complaining about the winner or because of the fact that their choice did not win.
Did you look at the list of cars released here? These are great cars. It does also not mean that the other cars won't be in a future DLC.
Kunos is a company first of all. Companies need money. F1 = Lots of money involved. F1 in Assetto Corsa = Money they want for their licences and future content.

I am satisfied with the RSS Mod but i will take an official F1 car gladly. Especially the newest Ferrari F1 car and the F2004 which are unbelievable fast and hopefully nice to drive in this game.
Also loads of other great cars in this DLC. Really looking forward to it. (i did not vote by the way)
So in the age of short attention span and instant gratification the argument or open discussion is out of fashion as well?
I remember the time when a good discussion was very beneficial for everyone involved if not only for receiving some insight of other peoples horizons and personal opinions, learning about arguments and thought trains one could not come up with as of ones own limitations or unwillingness.
This thread is a good one if not only to show people of diverse background that there is reason behind certain preferences.

Stopping arguments might as well mean stopping us being humans.

I fully agree with your opinion of the current list being a very, very strong one.

No i do not imply anything. What are you talking about?
Kunos surely knows that F1 cars will gain lots of attention in a modern Sim. People might just buy the game/DLC SOLELY for that.
Thats why they thought it might be a good idea to get the SF70-H in the poll and see if people really want it. Turns out it won the poll.
This is highly doubtful.
Clientele of F1 content in the past has always proven to want the very latest COMPLETE F1 experience there is.
F1 games have been bought and discarded of on a year to year basis, major buying factor ALWAYS having been the latest, most complete content.

A technically highly advanced simulator, having only a SINGLE car of the 2017 season and far from a complete track rooster of the 2017 F1 season and NONE of the other cars or ANY extended F1 experience (in form of videos, media, background info, championships, accomplishments, …) will not have any discernible effect on additional attention or even translation into sales.

Assetto Corsa is a niche product. F1 fans and Ferrari fans among the Assetto Corsa user base are the once who will benefit from the SF70.

Kunos intentions on this poll were good but in the end they have 15% of their clients happy and 85% unhappy.
And on top of that, acording to how people choose their cars on public servers, these 15% happy people are most likely casual users that don't care how a car drives. The core suporters are probably among 85% of disapointed people. Everybody knows that for people that aren't sports car entusiasts, formula 1 are the only sports car that exist while for real entusiasts (assetto corsa suporters) there are a lot more than F1, and probably much more interesting than modern F1s.
And this 2017 F1 will not add a new car but it will kill SF15 so is just swaping models.
It's a shame that cars like 512 and 575 GT1 aren't on assetto corsa. Porsche 917 and Maseratti MC12, two of the most amazing cars in Assetto, both real and simulated, are relegated to forgoten parts of harddrives.
Very true unfortunately :-(

Best post here.

With discussions like this on this forum and AC official forum we see what is the sim community. A bunch of people that only wants to fastly adapt to one car and go crash on online races.

Training is something that too many people today dont want to do.

This couldn't be further from the experience I have had since joining Racedepartment.
In every single club race I entered I EXCLUSIVELY had the fortune to meet people, very serious about their racing, most motivated to learn how to become quicker and train very hard to increase their skill level to perform better next race.
I have so far not encountered a single user in the RD races who took their racing in any way nonchalantly.
I had the impression (and continue to do so with every race or discourse I have with others here) that people do work hard to learn and understand about cars, setups, race craft and interaction on the track to better themselves and as a result enjoy racing.

Wow, that was the longest read that equaled to absolutely nothing. A lot of long winded posts that basically said the same thing over and over again. But thanks once again to Paul for the original post. Keep up the good work.;)

Personally I think Kunos needs to focus more on the basic sim before bringing out new DLC. Some things haven't changed since the early access.

It definitely needs more tracks before it needs more cars. Let's face it, without the modding community, this title would be pretty empty.
I have the impression that among all current latest generation racing sims Assetto Corsa is the most polished and most complete experience.
Yes it continues to have several flaws and shortcomings that existed from the beginning.
I see content, be it cars or tracks to be the most important addition to further Assetto Corsa (cars to complete certain classes of cars to be able to race in a diverse field and official tracks to expand the already very nice selection of tracks).

Also unlike some other simulators Assetto Corsa has been designed from the very outset to make mods part of it's package - the selection of truly excellent mod tracks is very good for a sim that is not THAT long available and the selection continues to grow weekly. I can only encourage everyone to look through the download section on RD and try those highest rated tracks right away and be amazed.

Im okay that the SF70H won. As mentioned put the latest F1 car in the vote list, and it predictably will win.

The problem will be the car is going to have great looks, likely great sounds, might even drive okay, but the setup options are going to be ridiculously basic just like the other modern F1 cars released by Kunos.

At least in my case it's not elitism, it's practicality. The AI doesn't use the hybrid controls and this car has no competitors in the game so there's not much point in racing it offline. If the SF15 is anything to go by, almost nobody will race the SF70 in multiplayer and even if they did the hybrid controls will likely create a big gap in talent/skill, so there's not much point in racing online. So, it's basically only going to be good for hot-lapping, and we already have the SF15 for that.

In my opinion the SF70 just doesn't really fit into this sim and has no practical purpose for being included, and that's the only reason I'm disappointed in the outcome. If any of the other cars would have won I would have been satisfied and enjoyed the car, the modern F1 is the only one I would have been disappointed in and I highly doubt I'll drive it more than once or twice.

Just my opinion of course, but this is why I'm disappointed with the outcome (not because the car I voted for didn't win).
100% exactly this. Anyone voting for the SF70H had absolutely no foresight other than "I love F1, I love this car, hurr durr."

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 113 88.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 17.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 21 16.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 47 36.7%