2017 Ferrari SF70H Coming to Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ferrari SF70H.jpg

Following the recent poll to choose the final car in the upcoming 'Ferrari 70th Anniversary' DLC, Kunos have confirmed the new machine will be.... the 2017 Formula One car!

With the votes in and counted, the results checked and double checked, the final car from the upcoming Ferrari DLC has been confirmed as the machine raced by Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen in the 2017 Formula One World Championship.

With one of Ferraris most successful Formula One cars in recent years, the SF70H has proven to be the most desirable car in a list of fantastic vehicles selected by Kunos Simulazioni, and as such will be added to the DLC line up due to release later this year for Assetto Corsa.

Could it be that we might have the 2017 WDC winning machine in AC before the end of the year, or will the works Ferrari squad find a way to throw away this years title challenge?

The Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC will contain:
  • 1962 250 GTO
  • 1967 330 P4
  • 1967 312/67
  • 1984 288 GTO
  • 2004 F2004
  • 2017 812 Superfast
  • Ferrari SF70H
The vote setup by Kunos pulled in over 30,000 responses before close of play yesterday, and not unsurprisingly the 2017 SF70H F1 car pulled in a substantial amount of votes more than second placed finisher, the 1970 512M. With 15.39% for the 2017 car in comparison to 11.41% for the 512M, it was always going to come down to the two "key" vehicles as voted for by the community.

You can see the full vote results below:
Ferrari Poll Assetto Corsa.png

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Assetto Corsa and online racing = Love! Check out our brilliant Assetto Corsa League and Club racing forum for great racing events suitable for all skills and experiences. We host regular events using popular content and guarantee a great time for all. Additionally we have a very active sub forum for the game where players can catch up on the latest news and engage with fellow community members here at RD. You can download mods from our modding archive, discuss W.I.P projects in our Modding Discussion Forum and try out a selection of car setups for a wide range of vehicles. Come on, get yourself involved in the action today!

Happy to see an official 2017 Formula One car coming to AC? Looking forward to the Ferrari pack? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
This remind me to United States where nobody wanted Trump but a lot of people voted for it :roflmao::roflmao:
Makes zero difference what car won when all said and done ,
If the 512M would have won , everyone would have the exact same opinion on that car ,
Why not the F1 2017 ??? is current , all the people complaining about the F1 winning would still be complaining no matter which car had most votes or was getting made , its life on the forums , everyone loves a good complain :D

Yes we do. :D
Some are just open wheel nuts, you "covered" people just have to accept that.
There's more of us, and you're divided and poorly organized.
We're like Borg "we want latest Ferrari F1, covered guys, all resistance is futile..." :)
I am also a fan of open wheel racing. I love F1s, specially from the 70s with nothing else than a wheel and pedals, pure racing.

What I don't get is why THIS one. it's ugly. it sounds like it has asthma. it's supposed to be fast, but it doesn't get close to the levels of 2004. and on of top of that, this DLC comes already with the F2004, probably the fastest car ever made. this will make AC with F1s from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 2000s, 2013, 2015... and 2017. don't you have enough?

Why not the F1 2017 ??? is current , all the people complaining about the F1 winning would still be complaining no matter which car had most votes or was getting made , its life on the forums , everyone loves a good complain :D
Well, it's 15% of peoples' top choice, fine, but apparently it's also a lot of people's bottom choice.

I'm mostly salty about it because it wasn't in the original version of the poll, so I got excited at the possibilities, and then when they stuck 2017 F1 in, I knew it was going to win over all those cars I'd been anticipating.

Reactions: CC
Well, it's 15% of peoples' top choice, fine, but apparently it's also a lot of people's bottom choice.

I'm mostly salty about it because it wasn't in the original version of the poll, so I got excited at the possibilities, and then when they stuck 2017 F1 in, I knew it was going to win over all those cars I'd been anticipating.
Makes no difference to me man , I can do many fast laps with my keyboard :D

And i would be more dissapointed with kunos because they just keep pulling out cars and 0 tracks
Idk why people keep focusing on the F1 2017 when we should have laguna seca like 1 year ago or any new licensed track.

Its strange how so few of the ones that voted for F1 is here or on the official forum. Its almost like the vote got affected by ppl caring 0 about Assetto Corsa

Cough:: Reddit F1 fans ::Cough

Im not saying that you need to be a forum warrior to care about the game. But its very silent from the 15%.

Its strange how so few of the ones that voted for F1 is here or on the official forum. Its almost like the vote got affected by ppl caring 0 about Assetto Corsa

Im not saying that you need to be a forum warrior to care about the game. But its very silent from the 15%.

it almost feels as AC had over 1 million users and they don't all spend their time in sim racing forums.

it almost feels as AC had over 1 million users and they don't all spend their time in sim racing forums.
You didn't have anything about this poll in-game so that must mean it was a specific group of users that at least keep themselves somewhat updated around AC and read forum/blogs/twitter/facebook. How many have we seen in this thread that voted for the winning car? 1? 2? And it was nowhere near 1 million votes, more like 30k as you can read on your own homepage.

You didn't have anything about this poll in-game so that must mean it was a specific group of users that at least keep themselves somewhat updated around AC and read forum/blogs/twitter/facebook. How many have we seen in this thread that voted for the winning car? 1? 2? And it was nowhere near 1 million votes, more like 30k as you can read on your own homepage.

you're right my fault for even trying.
It was all rigged.

And how's the online popularity of historic cars such as the Porsche 917 / 962 etc?

Perhaps the 917 would be used more if it had its main rival from the period also present. To me the bigger disappointment here is not just the creation of another single-car class, but that the 512 would have created a multi-car option for a 'class' which I personally criminally underuse due to lack of opponents. Instead of the 917, I race the 908 v GT40 more, so am looking forward to the P4 (and T33 maybe in future) to add to this field.

Surprised to see the 512 do so well and shows that there is clearly a demand there for this beast which, unlike the F1 car, is not because of its shiny newness.

I posted the below in the AC forum too, but worth stating here also:

Just a note to the Devs reading complaints on here and (appearing to) take it personally.

I don't think anyone is upset at you guys for the poll or the outcome (and if they are, **** 'em), but you have to expect in these circumstances people to be disappointed in the actual outcome, especially around here.

No doubt, whichever way the result had gone you'd have had more disappointed people than happy ones (unless there was a landslide victory), but it's by no means a personal slight or a comment on the game or excellent additions you've chosen over the years. In many ways, a percentage of this forum would actually

In my case, the chance to have a 512 vs a 917 would have made the pack outstanding, something to look forward to all summer (especially as the 917 is underused in my install due to the lack of competition).

This isn't the case now (but was close) and I'm disappointed and using this discussion forum to express that, but it's no slight on yourselves or the game, merely an expression of my personal feelings and an expression that, should you be able to include such a car in future, the demand would most certainly be there (Laguna Seca dream pack maybe...).

I will see how the P4 seems to stack up against the Ford GT40 and Porsche 908 and how the 250GTO competes with the Cobra and this may well raise the 'value' of the pack to me to be worth purchase (most likely it will), but my enthusiasm for the pack is tempered by the outcome, not my enthusiasm for the superb game or your work.

Perhaps the 917 would be used more if it had its main rival from the period also present. To me the bigger disappointment here is not just the creation of another single-car class, but that the 512 would have created a multi-car option for a 'class' which I personally criminally underuse due to lack of opponents. Instead of the 917, I race the 908 v GT40 more, so am looking forward to the P4 (and T33 maybe in future) to add to this field.

The 962 has also other "rivals" such as the Mazda 787 and Sauber C9...

It makes perfect sense, it won with 15%, not 70%.

And of course this place has became somewhat hostile with people calling us dumb, not car lovers and a bunch of other BS, not everyone is gonna take the time to address this idiocy and i don't blame them.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.