Ya , that set up looks familiar and is fast , but I found it to be a bit unstable in the pack... Does Rick use a wheel or controller Mike ?... By the way, Congrats on the win Fri. nite and looking forward to the rest of the schedule... a little less chatter would help to hear the caution calls and listen to keeping things in order when realigning for restarts... Great job , it ain't easy............

Well I'm kind of at a loss this today as my Dad has suddenly passed of a heart attack last night. I feel like I need to race but I've got a lot on my plate right now.

Daytona Results:
1. Mike Watts___ #19___8___ +3 +1-----12
2. Rick Gilbert___#4____7____+1----------8
3. Bob Warren___#27___6____+1---------7
4.Lucas Gortman_#20___5____+1-------6
5.Rob Waddell___#21___4____+1---------5
6.Ridge Heiler____#88___3____+1--------4
7.Trevor Royer___#1____2____+1---------3
8.Kyle Hrabal____#2___1____+1---------2

Atlanta Results:
1. Thomas Scoggins__#3__11__+3+1__15
2. Michael Watts____#19__10__+1______11
3. Lucas Gortman___#20__ 9__+1______10
4. Nicholas Raill____#32___8__+1_______9
5. Robert Waddell___#21___7__+1______8
6. Rebel Whitey____#24___ 6____________6
7. Shawn Gortman__#78___5___________5
8. Bob Warren_____#27___ 4__+1_______5
9. Kyle Hrabal______#2___ 3__+1________4
10.Ridge Heiler____#88___ 2__+1_______3
11.Rick Gilbert_____#4____1__+1________2

Last edited:
First of all, it was with a heavy heart that I raced with on Friday night due to you family circumstances Mike, and I hope something is making sense. To the extent we were able to take your mind off of it, all the better.
Another great race. Lots of scrapping throughout, with lines respected and the occasional lag, but usually nail biting re-starts and then trying to make up time (my downfall). Glad to see more people too!
Started in back. The start was very orderly, and I just aimed to stay with the pack. In fact, settled into a groove trying to bang out solo fast laps. With 148 to go, there was a caution. Didn't catch it, but restarted 7th or so. Then a few laps later, all hell broke loose in front of me. Cars flipping and bouncing off walls. Got through it, restart 4th so getting more confident. Fell back to 7-9, which is where I would run on long runs due to speed differences. But it was a back and forth for sure.
Much of the race was spent battling Rebel Whitey. Shout out to Rebel, as he was a great opponent, with aggressive but fair moves all throughout. That's what makes it fun.
More riding around inthe meddle part of the race, some more cautions, then coming into turn __, bam, out of nowhere the DeWalt car was facing me from the wall witha a car on my left. Violent collision. lol. Both drivers deceased, but we raced on.
Lots of action in the end if you are interested. I got luckly on the last pit stop and went stayed out, but it was a toss up either way from 5-9. Look forward to more.

Hope this link works, otherwise you can visit my twitch channel: OctoberDusk06.

Last edited:
You had a good race Robert, we need to work on your setup a bit but that last restart was pretty good. Timed it just right until you got hit but still managed to save it. I was happy to have been racing with all my friends Friday Night. Really surprised to finish where I finished with my wheel issues. I appreciate everyone coming out and hope we can get a few more for the next race.

Thanks again Rob for the video , great learning tool for sure. Great restart on that last lap was a classic move inside and got you some well earned points.. I call that getting snookered by a great move , lol....
Fun race and looking forward to Vegas.

You had a good race Robert, we need to work on your setup a bit but that last restart was pretty good. Timed it just right until you got hit but still managed to save it. I was happy to have been racing with all my friends Friday Night. Really surprised to finish where I finished with my wheel issues. I appreciate everyone coming out and hope we can get a few more for the next race.

Yea, ain't that the truth. Me and NASCAR setups are like oil and water. I'll take a setup session anytime. About all I know is that softening the springs, raising the tire pressure, and bottoming out the ride height is generally good for qualifying. Big mystery for me is, first off -- what does the game get right and what does it not. I have no reference racing on an oval, but Atlanta was a good experiment, because one turn's approach was so different than the other.

Thanks again Rob for the video , great learning tool for sure. Great restart on that last lap was a classic move inside and got you some well earned points.. I call that getting snookered by a great move , lol....
Fun race and looking forward to Vegas.

Hey no problem. Thanks for the words. I got snookered all race by others, so at least it finally got through my thick head that I needed to jump earlier. I was watching an interview last night where Montoya was saying he won the Brazil F1 race because of his restart training on ovals. Love it. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back