2014 Mod Announcement

I have something to say after reading here to decide what to do this year about FSR (I would like to join).

Mmm... and you are comparing in your video two cars in same conditions with two real cars that can be in totally different paces. I'm sure the front car is way slower or has worse tire wear. Real video posted by David is more clear about that, and shows how a driver avoid dirty air if It's in a similar pace, and what happens when he does not.

Maybe David demonstration in rF2 does not show two cars in the same pace, but, shows how real F1 drivers behave, and you can see It in every race, if they are in the same pace they lose lot of time in fast corners, or they can maintain distances slowing a bit against a slower car to attack later in straight and next turn.

If you are saying a real F1 car can maintain the thottle down at less than 20-15 metters in that turn against a car with same pace in that Silverstone turn... I will say you are wrong for sure.

PS: and hey! I do not like OW more than GTs... I love GTs way more, because of his style, if someone want to race with GT style, go race GT1 class and that stuff, even in those cars is really hard to overtake if both have the similar pace and you do not play with edited pillow/overtake-ready cars.

You said it very nicely :thumbsup:

A different question.
Will be there rear springs introduced into the mod? Car behaviour is, well, quite specific. Not saying it's bad but some will have to adapt surely.

No. Some F1 cars don't use normal "rear springs", only a heave spring and anti roll bar, so it is what it is. That's why do you need to use stiffer values on 3rd spring / ARB compared to F1s with rear springs.

Now you are implying that your first statement is false (there are no contacts/crashes in wc with cars side by side), good.

I agree that damage was not punishing enough maybe, but the very first reason of why cars are battling so much is because the forgiveness of the draft model. If they can't drive so close, the number of kamikaze-moves will be logically reduced.

I think you cаught my words, there are of course, but only few drivers can see to drive like **** and this is gonna stop with that damage model. This is the racing, there are incidents every race and you can't stop people crashing eachother, but atleast the number of crashes will be decreased. I don't know how DRS works in the mod, but I don't think this year after decided to move to new simulator, to use additional extras because you think simracing needs them.

I suggest, give a vote with DRS and without and to decide it between WC teams. Then we will discuss whether to leave the physics fixed or not.

WC team owners have voted to use DRS (F1 2013 spec) by votes 8-3.
omg.gif

so how will DRS be implemented to only be able to use it in certain spots?
You have already tracks with DRS zones, so all tracks need those zones.

The only interesting thing will be practice and qualy. In 2013 you were only allowed to use DRS in the zones even in practice, but rF2 only restricts it during the race, if you have zone and detection point implemented in the track.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back