2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil

I got up early-ish for that?
We only seemed to get yellow cards when we touched that #7 bloke. Still, we had some great opportunities and if we can score against either Spain or Holland I think we've done ourselves justice

EDIT: oh, and just quickly, i think we're doing pretty well. We are above Spain in our group so it's all good.
Sorry to say :D, but Chile 3 - 1 Australia

Back from work, Not seen a single goal. Can hear people shout goal every 10 mins. Exciting stuff! Off for a few hours sleep now before this evening events :)

Im still to watch yesterday highlights...
Group C
Colombia v Greece
Estadio Mineirao, Belo Horizonte Date: Saturday 14 June Kick-off: 17:00 BST

Colombia lost Radamel Falcao, Edwin Valencia, Luis Perea and Aldo Ramirez to injury before the World Cup and Fredy Guarin is suspended.
Falcao's absence means either Carlos Bacca or Jackson Martinez will partner Teofilo Gutierrez up front.
Greece will assess defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos, who missed their last two friendlies with a muscle problem.

Coach Fernando Santos must decide if Kostas Mitroglou is ready to start after recovering from a knee injury.
Santos will have midfielder Panagiotis Tachtsidis available after he recovered from the shoulder injury he picked up in training this week.

The only previous meeting between the sides was a friendly in New York on 5 June 1994 which Colombia won 2-0.

Group D
Uruguay v Costa Rica
Estadio Castelao, Fortaleza Date: Saturday 14 June Kick-off: 20:00 BST

Uruguay's talismanic striker Luis Suarez is back in full training after knee surgery but is not under consideration to play.
Diego Forlan will deputise for him having recovered from a stomach complaint earlier in this week.
Costa Rica are expected to start with Joel Campbell up front, with Alvaro Saborio ruled out of the tournament.
Michael Umana and Junior Diaz have both been suffering with flu this week and will be assessed.

Uruguay have never lost to Costa Rica in eight previous meetings (W6, D2).
Le Celeste beat Costa Rica 2-1 in a play-off to qualify for the 2010 World Cup finals.
Uruguay head coach Oscar Tabarez won his only previous meeting with Costa Rica head coach Jorge Luis Pinto at international level. Taberez's Uruguay beat Pinto's Colombia side 1-0 in 2008.

England v Italy
Arena Amazonia, Manaus Date: Saturday 14 June Kick-off: 23:00 BST

England forward Danny Welbeck has been passed fit having overcome the ankle injury he suffered earlier this week.
However, the Italy game comes too early for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain as he continues to build up his fitness following a recent knee injury.
Italy may play with three centre-backs after full-back Mattia De Sciglio was ruled out with a thigh strain.
Mario Balotelli has recovered from a minor hernia problem, while Marco Verratti is fit after flu.

The only previous World Cup meeting between these two nations came in the third-place play-off in 1990 when Italy won 2-1.
England have only won two of their last 11 internationals against Italy, losing six plus the penalty shootout defeat at Euro 2012.
Roy Hodgson's side won 2-1 when the sides last met, in a friendly in Switzerland in August 2012.

Group C
Ivory Coast v Japan
Arena Pernambuco, Recife Date: Sunday 15 June Kick-off: 02:00 BST

Ivory Coast coach Sabri Lamouchi expects Yaya Toure to be available despite a thigh injury, but admits not all his players are "100% fit".
Toure's elder brother Kolo is available after recovering from malaria.
Japan captain Makoto Hasebe is fit after a long-term knee problem but faces competition from Hotaru Yamaguchi for a midfield starting spot.
Defenders Maya Yoshida and Atsuto Uchida have also recently returned from lengthy absences and will play.

Japan have won two of their three previous meetings with the Ivory Coast, which came on home turf in friendlies in 1993 and 2008.
The African side won the most recent encounter, beating the Blue Samurai 2-0 in a World Cup warm-up game in Switzerland in June 2010.
Didier Drogba and Kolo Toure got the goals, but Drogba broke a bone in his arm, an injury which severely hampered him in South Africa.

What a great world cup it's been, goals and emotion in every match so far, yesterday I was happy that my team México ended up beating Cameroun despite having 2 goals that didn't count and Australia's goal against Chile was also nice not to mention Spain's collosal defeat against Netherlands.

Today another great day as the first match between Greece and Colombia was a good one, Colombia started better but I think had Greece scored that header that bounced back from the post they would have been able to get ahead of Colombia, Colombia's last goal was very good though, and so far the match of the day has been the heroic win from Costa Rica against 2X champions Uruguay, epic match by everyone in the Costa Rica squad, I feel very happy for them.

England vs Italy was very exciting and started off nicely, great action as the ball moved from side to side in the blink of an eye, lots of dangerous plays from both sides but ultimately Italy came on top, I wanted England to win and I think they deserved a draw atleast but they seemed to slow down towards the end of the game, I liked the way Sterling and Sturridge played and Pirlo's last freekick was awesome it could have been a fantastic goal.

And to end the day an atractive proposition: Japan vs Ivory Coast.

Honda from Japan got things going by sending a fantastic shot into the back of the net but Ivory Coast kept fighting and fighting until they got their equalizer and after what seemed like a second later, they scored their second goal and secured the 3 points after holding off Japan's atemps near the end.

Tomorrow looks to be a nice day as Messi's Argentina will play against Dzeko's Bosnia.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back