2012 RD Touring Car Championship (STCC 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG!!! Here it comes again!!!

faint.gif

Reactions: Nox
Hum, that's certainly good news for R3E (though I haven't fired it up in quite a while)

However, I'm unsure whether it'll be a suitable game for RDTCC for numerous reasons:

- pricing: I don't think many people will be willing to buy each and every track and car seperately - if there's gonna be a WTCC2013 pack containing all of these, nice
- modding: Let's fast-forward a year - are there gonna be updates for the 2014 season? I don't think community mods are planned for R3E at all, are they?
- modding, #2 - what about custom skins? As far as I know, you can only use R3E's liveries (that you have to pay for, as well) and I think maaaaany participants like the ability to create a custom one

I guess we'll see about all that in the future - given the development process so far, it might still take some time, though, so IMHO, it's still a viable option to re-animate a R07-based series :)

We have never used or will use mods in the RDTCC so that doesn't matter. Skins I don't worry about really, well figure out something.

I am not going back to a seven year old game for an official league when we have a next gen game available thats for sure. :thumbsup:

Hum, that's certainly good news for R3E (though I haven't fired it up in quite a while)

However, I'm unsure whether it'll be a suitable game for RDTCC for numerous reasons:

- pricing: I don't think many people will be willing to buy each and every track and car seperately - if there's gonna be a WTCC2013 pack containing all of these, nice
- modding: Let's fast-forward a year - are there gonna be updates for the 2014 season? I don't think community mods are planned for R3E at all, are they?
- modding, #2 - what about custom skins? As far as I know, you can only use R3E's liveries (that you have to pay for, as well) and I think maaaaany participants like the ability to create a custom one

I guess we'll see about all that in the future - given the development process so far, it might still take some time, though, so IMHO, it's still a viable option to re-animate a R07-based series :)

Stab in the dark here but I'm edging my bets on it being a PACK akin to DTM.

Well, it's all fine and good that SimBin has finally released something tangible regarding multiplayer .. however, who knows when this will finally reach the public? R3E development has been cold-sap-slow now for a couple years.
Also, I for one do not care for R3E's pricing model and am, as such, highly unlikely to install R3E.

I am not going back to a seven year old game for an official league when we have a next gen game available thats for sure. :thumbsup:

Well, we don't actually have a next gen game available yet tho, do we. Not asking you to become directly involved in league organization Bram -- we've actually got a bit of a discussion going on about a short test-league -- but I really don't understand the whole "seven year old game" bit ... Race 07 is still a perfectly good game. Yes, it has it's limits (particularly grid size) but I don't see how it can't still be used for good league racing.
We've been waiting now for like two years for the next gen sims to be ready for a new WTCC league, and it doesn't seem like any of them are particularly close to being ready yet.

I have no doubt there will indeed be more official RDTCC leagues. The question is, when? .. Continuing to wait seems illogical to me.
:)

Its a perfect game for some people still indeed and of course it can be perfectly used for league racing.

But personally I am bored with RACE 07 after seven years. To be honest I am bored with all Gmotor based sim racing games. Simply as I have played them too much over the years and they really look outdated compared to the next gen sims.

But as said many times in this thread if there are a group of dedicated guys that want to do the hard work, feel free to contact us and make it work :thumbsup:

Im up for this, as i've said. A short... 5 race league should be done. New WTCC rules, complete with ballast and everything, onl the ballast system should be simpler than the ridiculous calculations in wtcc.

A little heads-up. The RDTCC Test Season has been approved by the RD staff and will feature 13 different vehicles batteling their way to victory in 4 events. Within a week from now we hope to make a full official announcement along with dates, sign-up information etc.

The test season will be used for training the organization in preparation of an official full length season of the RaceDepartment Touring Car Championship. It will also be used to see if there will be enough interest in this series and to try out a new league setup.

For more information please wait untill we release the full official announcements as I (and other people involved in this series) will not respond to any questions here or in my inbox.

YES!!
Thank you @Ricardo Umans for the official announcement. It's been hard not saying anything. LOL
There is a promo-video forthcoming ;)

Like Ricardo said, this is a short test-season, but we think it will be fun and rewarding!
It's been a couple years since the last RDTCC -- before I was here actually :cry: .. and I've looked forward to participating in such since I joined .. Race 07 being my first PC sim since SCGT days. I was sad to see the WTCC league discontinued, but am proud to be part of trying to bring it back in Race 07!!!!! (after all, it is the most recent official xTCC sim of any kind :p )
It will be some time before I can upgrade my system to the point where I can play the next-gen sims .. Then there's the face that they've already been years in the making and still none of them are quite yet ready for such usage as this. There are some -- particularly in rFactor 2 -- but from what I read it takes some work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back