2012 RD Touring Car Championship (STCC 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds great :thumbsup: - though the no-chat rule seems a bit restrictive, why not congratulate on making the pole or winning after R1?

Sounds great :thumbsup: - though the no-chat rule seems a bit restrictive, why not congratulate on making the pole or winning after R1?
Please note that the no-chat rule is a regular RD rule not specific related to the outlines he put on.

I'm pretty sure "no chat" applies only DURING the races themselves. You can give 'grats to pole BEFORE the race starts, and chat between races -- but only AFTER the results screen has flipped and before race 2 starts.

On the organization now ... I'd certainly be interested in helping out in that regard. I also, however, could certainly NOT do it myself. I have absolutely no experience in these matters. I think this would take a small team to get moving.

It's been over a year since the last RD WTCC league, and it's not looking like any of the 'new breed' of racing games will be ready in time to do a WTCC league this year either.
I propose we get this movin!!
Who else could help organize this? Post here and/or PM me .. we really need to get organized here.

I just told a staff member I would not do this as there would probably be no interest but if there is a solid team I could involve myself ;)

Well, we need to organize that team then. There's been numerous people throughout this thread who've expressed interest in helping organize this (I have before as well) but it has always gone nowhere. I think in part because of how scattered over time this has been.

To that end, I shall now ping everyone who HAS expressed interest in helping with this league:
@Vaughn Stegeman, @Ricardo Umans, @Andreas Löffler, @Namgung Joong-Ki, @Justin Swan, @Andrew James, @Davy Lauwereys ... your attention is needed please. :coffee:

Clearly there has been enough interest in organizing this. hopefully enough of these people are still interested, because then and ONLY then will this finally get off the ground and happen.
:cool:

First of all, I'm always happy to help in general :)

Maybe it would be an idea to "test" the actual interest in a mini-series (I'm thinking 4, maybe 5 races here) so we don't plan something we won't find an audience for in the end - I'm a bit busy this week, though, so maybe I'll look into possible options to rent a VPS for this during the next week :)

I am still interested in this and would like to help, but I have pretty much zero knowledge when it comes to organizing a league.
I've no experience either, but there's really only one way to gain it, no? :)

Also, it's cool how two more people I didn't ping stepped forward to help!

We need to see how other areas of the board pan out before we can commit to something as big as a league. I'm up to being involved but it's gonna have to wait a while.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "other areas of the board," but if you're referring to other sims, I don't see any of them being ready this year for such a league. This thread has been waiting now since 2012 for other sims to be ready! :O_o:

I for one think it's time to stop waiting and start doing. :D

We could always start a private discussion to start with outlining what we want to organize. When we've got that fully covered on 'how to', 'what' & 'when' we can officially present our plans to RD staff and get either a 'wait for this to solve' or a 'you are good to go' reply :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%