2012 RD Touring Car Championship (STCC 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ta4k.png

I guess open server in one or two tracks just for us to try it. No need to do it in all tracks. Openning only in practice mode, excluding the racing day.
Its just a suggestion not so important as that. :thumbsup:
TBH, I do not see how this will help you (and other non-premium members) for the RDTCC. All cars and tracks are available for practice mode offline, if you'd like to drive the carset + track combo just do that. Because we expect a full grid all slots will be reserved for the RDTCC drivers and we can not allow anybody to join the practice sessions as well. I am very sorry.

Depending on the results of the test season there MIGHT be a regular league for the full 9th season.

RACEDEPARTMENT
TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP
TEST SEASON

Ladies and Gentlemen,

We proudly present you the RDTCC Test Season in preparation of Season 9. When you are a premium member you can join in this great event, which will see it's return in over 2 years of silence.

The RDTCC will feature 13(!) different cars and we hope to see a very diverse field.
a) BMW 320SI 2009
b) BMW 320SI STCC2
c) BMW 320I STCC2
d) Volvo C30 2010
e) Volvo S60 STCC2
f) Honda Accord R STCC2
g) SEAT Leon STCC2
h) Peugeot 407 STCC2
i) Chevrolet Cruze STCC2
j) Chevrolet Lacetti STCC2
k) Alfa Romeo 156 STCC2
l) Alfa Romeo 156 GTA STCC2
m) Toyota Corolla T-Sport

During the season we will have 6 races on 4 tracks using 2 format. The Tracks are:
Zandvoort; A 45 minute race event in the Netherlands on May 3rd.
Oschersleben; 2 sprint races of 25 minutes in one event on the German race track on May 10th.
Algarve; Another 45 minute race event in Southern Portugal on May 17th
Macau; Last but not least, 2 sprint races of 25 minutes on the tight street circuit in China on May 24th

Signing up is available from now untill Saturday April 12th, 23:59GMT. How do you sign-up?
Reply with the following form completed.

Name:
Teamname:
Vehicle:
Will use Custom Skin: Yes/No
Sign-ups are not limited to a maximum amount. However, we do have a driver limit during the season itself of 48 (spread across 2 divisions).

We do allow teamwork up to some point declared by the rulebook which all participants will receive. Before the first event, all drivers need to confirm they have read and understood this rulebook.

Pre-Qualification will be held if necessary on April 19th. It will be necessary when we receive more than 24 sign-ups. If we have more than 40 sign-ups we will use the 2 division format and if we manage to get more than 48 sign-ups we will have to put the slowest drivers from Pre-Qualification on a reserves list. More details regarding track and time will be announced when Sign-ups close and Pre-Qualification is necessary.

Car Skins are allowed ofcourse. Because this is the test season we also do allow usage of the game its liveries. If you want to start designing already keep the following points in mind: We want the RaceDepartment logo on the windscreen. Your name has to be on the car next to the flag of the country you are representing. You will also need (a random) startnumber with a maximum of 2 digits.

We have all situations covered with point systems etc. but sharing this here and now would create a huge post. All information with points, promotion/relegation and the league rules will be shared on a later point.

Questions? You can always have them and ask them, either here or in the discussion system of RaceDepartment.
Our organisation exists of 4 community members, supported by some RD Staff members. We do ask you not to direct your questions regarding this championship to RD Staff.
Our Organisation:
Ricardo Umans - Head of RDTCC Test Season & Incident Reviewer
Vaughn Stegeman - Race Director, Skinpack & Video
Björn Golda - Head Race Director
Nelson Ullinsky - Head Incident Reviewer

Thanks to the RD staff for helping us on our feet. Special thanks to Bram Hengeveld for his support and helping us with some very important questions.

Last edited:
YES! It's real !! \o/ :thumbsup: :cool:
Let me be the first to officially sign up then.

Name: Vaughn Stegeman
Teamname: artao Racing (unless anyone else wants to form a team with me ... or, perhaps, join artao Racing :p)
Vehicle: not yet sure
Will use Custom Skin: Yes

As skin manager, I'll put forward that, IF you don't know how to make your own windscreens I can do that for you. Easy Peasy. :cool:
EDIT: Also, I'll point out that, for now, numbers will be first-come first-get basis ... unless pre-qual over-rides that (number 1 - 10, in such a case, will go to the top 10 qualifiers)

I'm SO glad to see this getting off the ground. FINALLY.
I joined RD too late to participate in the previous RDTCC events. I've been pining to do so.
And here we are, getting it going again .. FINALLY!!

Soon enough, the new sims will take over. .. However, none of them seem to be ready yet.
Race 07 is STILL an awesome game. It works, and it works well.
Yes, fields are limited to 24 drivers. Still, that makes for a decent enuf race, no?

Hopefully we get A LOT of signups. I'd like to see more signups than we have positions for, frankly. It would indicate serious and ongoing interest in running this series IN Race 07.

Have fun everyone!! :geek:

Also, I'll add my HUGE thanks to the RD staff for allowing us to do this. ... It's been a long time since the RDTCC has seen action. Let's bring it back!

Last edited:
RACEDEPARTMENT
TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP
TEST SEASON

Ladies and Gentlemen,

We proudly present you the RDTCC Test Season in preparation of Season 9. When you are a premium member you can join in this great event, which will see it's return in over 2 years of silence.

The RDTCC will feature 14(!) different cars and we hope to see a very diverse field.
a) BMW 320SI 2009
b) BMW 320SI STCC2
c) BMW 320I STCC2
d) Volvo C30 2010
e) Volvo S60 STCC2
f) Honda Accord R STCC2
g) SEAT Leon STCC2
h) Peugeot 407 STCC2
i) Chevrolet Cruze STCC2
j) Chevrolet Lacetti STCC2
k) Alfa Romeo 156 STCC2
l) Alfa Romeo 156 GTA STCC2
m) Toyota Corolla T-Sport
n) Opel Astra STCC2

During the season we will have 6 races on 4 tracks using 2 different formats. The Tracks are:
Zandvoort; A 45 minute race event in the Netherlands on May 3rd.
Oschersleben; 2 sprint races of 25 minutes in one event on the German race track on May 10th.
Algarve; Another 45 minute race event in Southern Portugal on May 17th
Macau; Last but not least, 2 sprint races of 25 minutes on the tight street circuit in China on May 24th

Signing up is available from now untill Friday April 25th, 23:59GMT. How do you sign-up?
Reply with the following form completed.

Name:
Teamname:
Vehicle:
Will use Custom Skin: Yes/No
Sign-ups are not limited to a maximum amount. However, we do have a driver limit during the season itself of 48 (spread across 2 divisions).

We do allow teamwork up to some point declared by the rulebook which all participants will receive. Before the first event, all drivers need to confirm they have read and understood this rulebook.

Pre-Qualification will be held if necessary on April 26th. It will be necessary when we receive more than 24 sign-ups. If we have more than 40 sign-ups we will use the 2 division format and if we manage to get more than 48 sign-ups we will have to put the slowest drivers from Pre-Qualification on a reserves list. More details regarding track and time will be announced when Sign-ups close and Pre-Qualification is necessary.

Car Skins are allowed ofcourse. Because this is the test season we also do allow usage of the game its liveries. If you want to start designing already keep the following points in mind: We want the RaceDepartment logo on the windscreen. Your name has to be on the car next to the flag of the country you are representing. You will also need (a random) startnumber with a maximum of 2 digits.

We have all situations covered with point systems etc. but sharing this here and now would create a huge post. All information with points, promotion/relegation and the league rules will be shared on a later point.

Questions? You can always have them and ask them, either here or in the discussion system of RaceDepartment.
Our organisation exists of 4 community members, supported by some RD Staff members. We do ask you not to direct your questions regarding this championship to RD Staff.
Our Organisation:
Ricardo Umans - Head of RDTCC Test Season & Incident Reviewer
Vaughn Stegeman - Race Director, Skinpack & Video
Björn Golda - Head Race Director
Nelson Ullinsky - Head Incident Reviewer

Thanks to the RD staff for helping us on our feet. Special thanks to Bram Hengeveld for his support and helping us with some very important questions.

Current Entries:
1) Vaughn Stegeman - artao Racing - ???
2) Justin Swan - Fortuna Racing - Honda Accord R STCC2
3) Nelson Ullinskey - Scuderia Campo Fonte - Volvo C30 2010
4) Arunas Linkevicius - Fortuna Racing - Peugeot 407 STCC2
5) Björn Golda - Scuderia Campo Fonte - Volvo C30 2010
6) Dinca Andrei - ? - ?
7) Ricardo Umans - ? - ?

Last edited:
(Copied directly from the previous thread)

YES! It's real !! \o/ :thumbsup: :cool:
Let me be the first to officially sign up then.

Name: Vaughn Stegeman
Teamname: artao Racing (unless anyone else wants to form a team with me ... or, perhaps, join artao Racing :p)
Vehicle: not yet sure
Will use Custom Skin: Yes

As skin manager, I'll put forward that, IF you don't know how to make your own windscreens I can do that for you. Easy Peasy. :cool:
EDIT: Also, I'll point out that, for now, numbers will be first-come first-get basis ... unless pre-qual over-rides that (number 1 - 10, in such a case, will go to the top 10 qualifiers)

I'm SO glad to see this getting off the ground. FINALLY.
I joined RD too late to participate in the previous RDTCC events. I've been pining to do so.
And here we are, getting it going again .. FINALLY!!

Soon enough, the new sims will take over. .. However, none of them seem to be ready yet.
Race 07 is STILL an awesome game. It works, and it works well.
Yes, fields are limited to 24 drivers. Still, that makes for a decent enuf race, no?

Hopefully we get A LOT of signups. I'd like to see more signups than we have positions for, frankly. It would indicate serious and ongoing interest in running this series IN Race 07.

Have fun everyone!! :geek:

Also, I'll add my HUGE thanks to the RD staff for allowing us to do this. ... It's been a long time since the RDTCC has seen action. Let's bring it back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back